The # 1 problem with pvp.......

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 3, 2014.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

wm can almost never be used in pvp as it is simply because it takes too much time to do a wm combo and andy player thats on top of their game can easily interrupt your wm combo and knock you down so its almost pointless to even try wm combos in pvp it can be done but you have to really pick your spots to do a wm combo. i treat wm combos like finishing moves and do 90% of my damage with regular combos and powers

i don't see any reason to remove wm combos from pvp,i think the bigger problem is the people with pve gear in pvp and the speed hackers. i beat a speed hacker today he was not even trying to hide it just moving at insane speeds but i just used block allot and that seemed to mess him up and then i just followed up with some random combos and beat him,i wish i was able to record it because it would have made a real funny video but it points out that hacking is still a problem that needs to be adressed
  2. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

LOL.....
    Just saying, everyone is on their game and sharp as a tack when goods are in danger, everyone fights like it's the last fight of their lives if they are nakey.
    Every match would be the best fight you ever had!:p
    • Like x 1
  3. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Except it's actually possible to use a LOT of WM combos and risk the counter due to how much damage the combos do.
    • Like x 1
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

high risk high reward
  5. Sabigya Steadfast Player

It is only high risk if the enemy team has a ounce of counter knowledge.
    • Like x 1
  6. Flightboy New Player

First sentence is pretty funny... Maybe the number "1" league needs to go do some legends and practice counters... Lol
    Are you listening to the PC guys it's toned down on test...

Reps are definitely not the number 1 pvp league on USPS... Y'all are great, but def not number 1 buddy... ;)
    You should stop using that as a defense of being knowledgable of pvp. It makes you sound silly man.
    • Like x 6
  7. MMM Active Player

He makes a good point. In a 5s you are trying your hardest to break out of silly stuns from cc effects and at the same time trying to lunge the bber and b4 u know it, you're dead from a single wm combo. Hopefully gu41 fixes this most especially breaking out cos its not fun relentlessly tapping R1 to break out from a stun and still being unresponsive
  8. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

Who is then? Hero? Villian?
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

GU43 is the tentative update that will fix crowd control.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Which again makes absolutely no sense. 2 updates after a major PvP overhaul?
    • Like x 2
  11. ThunderlesStorm New Player

It is hard to tell which league is the best at the current moment, but replacements are not on the list of potentials. Currently, from what I have seen, the top leagues are Dangerous, Disqualified, CMK, or One Pieced. This is just from what I have observed, I may be wrong.
    • Like x 2
  12. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

Observed where? DQ is The Replacenents villians. So Im starting to ? If you know what your talking about??
  13. ThunderlesStorm New Player

If they are the same, why are there no videos in the past 3 months of The Replacements? I've seen quite a few of all those leagues I listed, though. Whether from their perspective or from someone else's perspective beating them, The Replacements has not made a blip. Plus, being in a pvp league doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. One can't expect every single player from a league to be good.
    • Like x 2
  14. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

#1 problem with PvP are peoples egos
    • Like x 4
  15. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Because PvP is broken.
  16. ThunderlesStorm New Player

I tend to agree with you there. Still, he can't act cocky if his league isn't even competing. I could say Nightfall is #1, but we're not doing pvp right now. We wouldn't be even if we were doing arenas, but I can say it with just as much confidence as the op.
    • Like x 2
  17. Nirvana 93 Well-Known Player

Cuz you know that's all there is to it...
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

That is pretty much basic combat...
    Counter > Counter Immunity > Counter Punishment.
    • Like x 1
  19. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

To Clutchmeister:
    What Weapons/WM combos should we avoid? Since you said most of them, there must be a few weapons that are better off not being used at all.
  20. Flightboy New Player

Interesting so Crumbz, Red, Phantom, etc are actually Reps??? Interesting.... o_O

With this idea I guess it's safe to say Select Few is the number 1 PVP/PVE League considering One Pieced is our villian league right???

Just out of curiousity, you've asked others who they were or what league they were in... We established you roll with the reps and DQ. So, what's your vill and hero names??

P.S. If you're basing anything in what the current arenas is I pity you. Pvp currently is very broken why most are scrimming legends for competition. Even in legends the immunities are a bit broken... Not to mention Id go as far as saying 80% of most competitive pvp leagues are enjoying the Destiny Hype atm and will return for SM and Season 3.... So yeah, if pug smashing makes you number 1 all I have for you is GG... ;)
    • Like x 5