The # 1 problem with pvp.......

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 3, 2014.

1. same Johnny Dedicated Player

That's exactly my point. The might buff should remain the same so that the combos are worth it. But the precision damage is just insane...
  2. Master Play Committed Player

All WM combos are counterable. No wm combo other than tap hold range on brawling hits within 2 seconds, and that combo does not hit that high even on a block breaker. I agree that WM damage in PVP gear does need to be toned down, but there is no way to have it removed from pvp. Impossible to remove it from open world without removing it from pve and if you remove it from arenas, then you would really be turning arenas into legends. If you don't counter in arenas, then it seems like you need more pvp practice and WM isn't the real issue here.
    • Like x 5
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This. And it has been toned down on test, so this pretty much invalidates the OP's argument.
    • Like x 3
  4. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

I'm in the # 1 pvp lg in the game. Thats not the issue

How do you practice not getting one shorted?? Please explain.
  5. Master Play Committed Player

What league is that? Also, your league doesn't define your skill.
    Like I said, if you can one shot someone on the test server I'll support your thread. You've yet to prove it.
    • Like x 3
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Learn to counter properly.
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What players don't realize is in4v4 and 5v5 players throw bb while the others ff you, and not just you they hard switch to see who or what the weakest link is. The argument "just counter" or "block" is not as effective in arenas, if he was talking about 2v2 or 1v1 y'all would have a point, but in this it's y'all just swinging blindly. Wm damage eat through counters immunity
    • Like x 1
  8. Master Play Committed Player

Organized teams will have bbers down in seconds. Lunge and ground and they aren't an issue. Farming immunities is also a key skill in solving that issue. If you choose to play with pugs who don't know the meaning of lunge, then that's on you. I'm not arguing that weapon mastery damage isn't extremely high right now, on the live server that is. But the OP is talking as if he's been getting one shotted in the new PVP gear. We all know damage is insane on the live server right now.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zezimar Committed Player

Well blocking is of course a way to avoid getting killed by 2 wm combo, BUT, in 4s and 5s scrims you can be focused really hard and not have any chance to block :)
    Even if If I allways been against WM, I think that if they adjust the damage ( a real adjustement tho lol) it'll be fun again and no one will ever complain again ;)
  10. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

I'm in The Replacements. I know what I'm doing.

How do you counter & block in the WT when a healer is block breaking & you have a dps doing DW into BOW??
    How do you block in the Pit when you have someone block breaking & Rage dps hitt
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Getting good at counters.

Also please prove that in season 3 you can one-shot someone with WM. Until then this complaint has no merit.
    • Like x 4
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, those guys haven't really been competitive for years from what I've read. Also your league doesn't define your personal skill.

As per how you block WM, I suggest you learn what counter immunity does. Lunge at the person block breaking. You get immunity to damage.
    • Like x 7
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

It's not, it's how unbalanced PVP is, before WM the same thing happened all the time, this are long discussed issue that are supposed to be addressed at UD 41, but everyone who has tried seems to think they're not.
  14. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

All they did was Nerf healing , power & shields.

HOW IS THAT CREATING BALANCE?
  15. X-zero Loyal Player

Actually you mention two problems in current pvp. WM which I agree with since it pretty much feels like pvping in pve gear. Glass cannon fighting. But it doesn't seem nearly as bad in the next season so they are taking steps to correct it.

The other one is Rage. The power hits insanely hard at melee range which has pve drawbacks since a raid boss can punish one for being that close. But since in pvp almost everyone fights at melee range they have a slight edge on people.
  16. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You know a magical thing called counter immunity.
    Come on say it with me counter immunity.
    • Like x 3
  17. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

How about lunging the people block breaking....lol
    • Like x 8
  18. Sabigya Steadfast Player

That is way too hard. I would have to physically look at the person and hold my mouse!
    DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WORK THAT TAKES?
    • Like x 3
  19. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

In a scrim against a top lg you think you have a chance to lunge at the block breaker who is kiting & not get hit with a WM. You guys are a joke. Dueling in the watchtower is not real pvp. My 7 year old son does it.
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

With 3-4 players attacking you, it is hard. You and your cronies make it sound easy.