Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Wastrel New Player

This isn't so much a new style request as expanded functionality. I would love to be able to use the materials I know on the skin slot. Like imagine Temporal as a skin! That could look amazing.
    • Like x 3
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Agreed. When I think of that I imagine the Temporal skin, but then you having a leather jacket over it or something like that. Like Hellstrike or Robotman.
  3. Digimanbyte New Player

Something sorcery.... I am tired of the vigilante tech style from outer space look
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Can it be an outer space sorcerer? Or do we need just plain sorcerer first? :)
  5. Megzilla Developer

I think it's just that characters like Supes/Batman/whatever are just more easily recognized as DC. Same with GL, Flash etc. Superboy is on the iconic side since he bears the House of El symbol but without it I don't think he'd stand out much. This isn't really a DCUO thing at all, just consumer perception as a whole. If the LoS was more widely known/publicly recognized, things might be different. If that makes sense? I am sure if a TV show or a movie did a modern take on them we could definitely pitch doing proper suits. It'd be really interesting to look at from a social studies perspective and what drives popularity/what makes iconic/etc.. why some people respond to certain stories/characters better... That whole thing.

I can definitely still explore LoS emblems and can keep that in the back of my mind for future content. Since there are quite a few, it'd be easy to justify making a bunch and having that be bundled in something. I'll see what I can do. I've had LoS suits/etc requested quite a bit. :)

It'd be pretty cool if we did a "retro" episode - that could be a really fun way to dig into stories that haven't been modernized yet. :) Anyways. It's all good! Getting a spicy reply post definitely shook things up on my Monday. LOL!!
    • Like x 2
  6. Megzilla Developer

Usually Batman specific stuff has white eyes since he always does.
    Those are really awesome. I'll see if we can!
    We do need some more magic-y stuff! :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Megzilla Developer

Totally. Skins work a little differently than our materials which is why that hasn't been worked out yet. I think it's something we are at least thinking about but can't speak to any other details.
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Some of the Legion have been used on Supergirl recently, if that helps the cause.

Braniac 5:
    [IMG]

Mon-El:
    [IMG]

Saturn Girl:
    [IMG]

Legion logo:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A coral version of the Forest Spirit style. And not so much a reskin but something that looks like actual coral.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Megzilla Developer

This is great!! I could use them as inspiration for new slimlines :)
  11. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

still pushing for a Yeti set for the winter season, think thats a possibility? similar to how Werewolf was done for Halloween, id like to see a Yeti set done for christmas @Megzilla
    • Like x 2
  12. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I thought the TV versions of costumes were off limits? Isn't that why the CW Supergirl Legend went away?

I'd love to see the Legion in the game, preferably in classic versions of the outfits from the 70's-80's. Seems like there could be a lot of inspiration there for costumes, even if the characters themselves don't end up being used for an Episode.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Mermaid Dedicated Player

This will be a lenghty-mermaid request post.

When I first made my character back in 2012, I was strictly wearing Druid Top and Egyptian Legs with Aquaman belt/trident. For years I stayed with that look (I sported other variations but they were usually just temporary) until they introduced the Atlantean Monarch style which TBH, I only enjoyed using the legs/hands/shoulder/feet/back.

Her first look after exiting the ship
    [IMG]

My look that I sported for sooo long!
    [IMG]

This year has been really wonderful to be an Atlantean or basically a sea-themed character! With the introduction of Mera's gear to the Drowned Style, and the upcoming Corum Rath and Aqualad style, it's just a dream come true! I could not be more fulfilled to have so many styles to switch around now. However, I still have a few more request!

~Seashell Bra Top: The piece I've long wished, just like Water Powers and Atlantis Episode!
    ~Mermaid Tails?: This style would probably be a reactive style and would only really work in Swimming Worlds. When in dry areas, I guess it could shift into a scale pants. Idk but I really need one now with Atlantis! lol
    ~A Sea/Coral Type Crown and outfit. The Atlantean outfits that we have got are more into the regal and scalemail side. We haven't gotten a more deep sea nature inspired outfit yet. An outfit made of the corals material with details of seahsells and kelps.

[IMG]

~Dolphin's Skin/Skin with Scales: I've always wanted to do a more "sea-mermaid look" but always felt like no current skin in-game will help me achieve the look. Reptile is too snake-ish for my tastes.
    [IMG]

~Murk's Hook and Sea-Changed Shoulder: You guys really nailed his look! So impressed with how he turned out.
    ~New Trident Styles: I sea Aquaman/Mera sporting new Trident/Quindent styles in Atlantis. Perhaps he could have one too?
    ~Seaflower Crown: Basically a sea version of the Spring's Festival Crown but with sea appropriate flowers with starfish!
    ~More crowns/circlets basically rather than helmets would be appreciated.

Anyways, thank you for reading and THANK you for all your hardwork as always! I wish you were a part of the DCUO team in it's early stages.. we could have had better styles then!
    • Like x 1
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ultra Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, and Wildfire emblems are my first choices.
    Night Girl might be too similar to Owlman. But if we don’t have an Owlman, then one that can pass for both.
    Maybe the Legion of Superheroes emblem as well? The symbol on the Legion Flight Ring. That way it can be worn like theJLA emblem.

I assume Tyroc’s newer costume still qualifies as just slimline?

On the retro thing. Are there any Justice League International characters or Golden Age characters that don’t appear anymore or have changed there looks that would be a good costume to try?

But I feel bad throwing so much at you. So Meg “Dreamsmasher” zilla, I appreciate that the emblems are on the side project list and hope for that pack. Any extra retro thing would just be an added bonus, but not one that Danger would expect. :)

[IMG][IMG]

Tyroc, and an example of the, just wearing the LoS emblem. Also, my opinion on them not being well known or widely loved is their cheesy names and the cheesy stories they’ve done in the past.
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

FWIW, their last television show was only twelve years ago.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The original classic costumes (there were later, less garish, versions, as well):

[IMG]

Plus they've been on SUPERGIRL for the past year; they're currently on television!

Brainiac, Mon El, Saturn Girl:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

They were also featured in SMALLVILLE. And the animated SUPERMAN Bruce Timm Cartoons. I think you're underestimating their visibility, though of course I grant it's not at half the level of the Justice League. But they're not The Doom Patrol, either (who are currently featured on TITANS!).

Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy on Smallville:

[IMG]

And not to mention the all-important:

[IMG]

Moreover, we had a DLC that's half Blackhawks; I don't think one can argue that the Legion is less well-known than the Blackhawks.

Anyway, there are some images from television and movies. And to repeat: THEY'RE CURRENTLY ON SUPERGIRL AND HAVE BEEN SINCE LAST YEAR.

So one can hardly say they're not currently in the public eye getting millions of eyeballs and recognition. Just saying.

Thanks again for your hard work and dedication.

Digressively, could we get a belt with a large buckle that has a large image of our emblem? I'd like one of those, and it doesn't seem like something that would be difficult to do.
    • Like x 1
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

If there are any that are a super different style (you know, not vaguely pull-it-offable) like the deep v-neck that Tyroc and Timber Wolf wore in the past, I completely support and agree.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Ultra Boy can't be done as an emblem, or at least, it can be, but he absolutely needs a full shirt with the emblem fully across his entire chest, as that's his definitive look, as you know.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cosmic Boy over the years:

[IMG]

Just for the heck of it, a bunch of Supergirl variants used in the comics:

[IMG]

Reboot Legion:

[IMG]

Another look:

[IMG]

Pre-Zero Hour:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Anyway, just some references for ideas. Hope I didn't give too many.
    • Like x 1
  18. Megzilla Developer

Thanks for all the ref! That's awesome. =)
    • Like x 1
  19. Bodziony Active Player

20. Wastrel New Player

I do love head armor that respects Emissive Eyes!

Oh, speaking of: it would be kind of neat if there were a face armor that was merely glowing irises. It might be a little subtle, but I would use it on several characters for sure.
    • Like x 3