Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

This would be awesome too!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Yeah that was witchmarked wonder woman style from witching hour event for halloween. But now that I take a closer look I would love the witchmark tiara with the drownded earth armor with the shield on the arm and a lasso on the other side of the waist from the sword would make an awesome style
    • Like x 2
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

We appreciate the time and effort you spend on all this. Just keeping track of the list and reading all the posts I’m sure might be difficult sometimes. :)
    And in case all of us don’t say it enough. You and your team do a great job.
    • Like x 1
  4. Megzilla Developer

Hmm haven't heard that one before
    From my quick google search, LoS designs aren't really that outstanding (they are mostly slimlines but with different emblems). I would say that getting emblems done would be more likely. Fatal Five is kind of a similar situation except for the literal half robot guy. Lol. Sorry, I know that's not great news, but if we're going to make a new set I think we want to offer something unique or distinctly cool.
    Thanks for consolidating the requests! I think most of these are possible from a tech standpoint. I'll take note. By "exclusively female" I assume more feminine styles. I'm kinda wanting to do some myself, but we get stuck on what we offer for males (do we just give guys the exact same style - will DC be ok with that, or do we make a more masculine version.. then what if ladies want it..) Once we figure out the best way to approach that I hope we can start looking into some definitely more feminine styles. I do think the Drowned set went over pretty well, though I know guys want a new loincloth now. :p

Throw me a pic of Fahrenheit's emblem, I'm having trouble finding which one you mean.

I definitely want to do a Blue Beetle suit. I think doing the Ted Kord slimline could be a nice easy couple-piece style item win but I do want to do Jaime Reyes' as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Any of bumble bee's suits\hair styles can make it into the game?

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, I have to admit defeat on the first one. Because, even though I would love an LoS episode (like if we did The Great Darkness Saga the reward could be an Apokoliptian/New God/JL style), I must admit their outfits are slimlines but with different patterns or colors. And the reason I’ve never asked for Tharok is because I have a feeling just right down the middle human/robot is a no. Lol

Even though none of my heroes or villains are female, what about something just for the women? Maybe a a chest style for the females that is separate from the male, or the legs? Assuming that’s not too difficult or too much.

The emblem on Fahrenheit’s shoulders is basically the same as the one on the Stormwatch Fetishes. Also, if it’s noteworthy at all, the character and emblem are Wildstorm. Sure it belongs to DC, but nonetheless if there are issues with that.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And I am happy we agree on Ted. He is my favorite Beetle so I would want him first, but I’m sure the team might have more fun designing Jaime’s armor and the players might have more fun experimenting with the Jaime armor.
    • Like x 1
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Also. You’re welcome.
    I wish I could say I love the devs enough to make it easier, but mostly I just liked most of them enough that I consolidated them for mostly selfish reasons. :)

As as an extension of the second paragraph in my first reply, since I apparently put too much in the first one and had to erase something. Lol
    I understand that DC might not be ok with it. But could we offer a “mainstream version” for both genders and then offer a “female version” as an alternate? Other than taking the female characters and making male versions (like the great work y’all did with The Drowned), that is the best I can think of to solve it. Sorry.

And I want one only to complete my Maltusian Caveman style. You know...what I imagine the Guardians of the Universe looked like as cave-extraterrestrials. Lol
    Is the loincloth pull-it-offable if it’s wrapped around completely? A way to do that while making it still look like animal-skin rather than just a leather skirt or a kilt?
    something like what’s below?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Megzilla Developer

I would personally love to. No plans to feature her in any content anytime soon but she's got some great outfits.
    I mean female-only is possible from a tech standpoint, just don't want everyone to be made if they have a male character and they don't get a cool style. It's more of a "being fair" thing. :)

Is it a lightning bolt with lips? Lol! :) I am sure I might be able to get the bolt in, not sure if I can promise the mouth though :p
    • Like x 2
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

It’s supposed to be an eye. But I do admit in those shots it looks like a mouth. Lol
    An eye, inside a lightning bolt, inside a couple triangles.
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Holy crap, the Legion of Super-Heroes is totally cool!

Okay, maybe they're a bit dorky, but jeepers, you can say that about any and every DC or superhero character. C'mon! Some of us love the LEGION more than any other part of DC Comics. You can't just dismiss them so blithely! It's like saying "the Justice League costumes are lame so I'm going to ignore them!"

I don't think you realize how important the LoS is to some of us. I don't think the devs do at all, given the one hundred percent ignoring of the LoS for eight-plus years now. That's without even getting to L.E.G.I.O.N. and all the rest of the future DCU comics of the 30th century.

NOT UNIQUE OR DISTINCTLY COOL? [expletive deleted!] that!

Seriously, I'm very upset by this casual dismissal. ALL OF THE CLASSIC LEGION COSTUMES SHOULD BE AVAILABLE EXACTLY AS IS, plus some of the later versions. Plus emblems. Plus multiple-part DLCs in the Legion era.

If you don't think the Legion is interesting, please get interested! Would you say you don't think the Titans or Doom Patrol aren't interesting and should be left out of the game? If not, why on and off Earth would the Legion be different?

Who the hell else has been around so long? The Legion has been core DC since 1966!

Hell, the Legion should have been in the first ten DLCs, and we're still waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the Legion DLCs and you can't even give us costumes, but only emblems?

Very unhappy about this.

Traditional Superman has a silly costume wearing his underwear on the outside. But we don't ignore it because it's lame: we celebrate it because IT'S DC.

Saying you don't like the Legion costumes is your privilege, but with the greatest respect, I really don't think you should be in the business of ruling out an entire chunk of DC comics lore because you personally aren't excited by the designs. You may not be, but you clearly don't have the emotional resonances of having read the original LSH as a child. But lots of us DO.

Goofy upside-down rocket ship club and dopey costumes and LEGION OF SUBSTITUTE HEROES and all the glorious dorkiness.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. Megzilla Developer

It is just my opinion, in context for the designs we do go forward with. My observations are pure aesthetic, not about their story or lore or value of nostalgia. I don't have any emotional attachment, I'm trying to look at it from an objective POV. Yes a lot of iconic suits are just as simple, but the operative word is iconic.

I guess some good news for you: I don't decide content, nor do I have final say on which styles we end up making.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Megzilla Developer

Lol. Gotchya!
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

You and I are in the same boat about loving characters that aren't widely loved. You're more likely to get Legion-related stuff before I'll get anything Section 8 related, though.

Dogwelder forever!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Only for the sake of argument, the thing keeping some of them from being iconic is they need a better name. Like Brainiac 5, Ultra Boy, or Element Lad. A better name would give them proper credit. Which, on an unrelated note, is why I chose my name. To honor those people like Element Lad or Multiplex. That just need a better name.

Back on topic though. That was just for the sole purpose of disagreement. Myself, and others, understand you’re trying to be objective and look at the needs of the many at the same time.
    Even during the times your title jumps from “Totally Awesome Designer” to “Dreamshasher” we still appreciate your work and the good job you do. :)
    Is there a different place to grind that we need The Great Darkness Saga as an episode? Since this is supposed to be costumes.
    • Like x 1
  15. Megzilla Developer

Might want to ask Mepps where a good place to talk about content requests would be.. I'm not sure myself.
    • Like x 2
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Please don't misunderstand: I'm not at all trying to blame you for content decisions, of course. I understand you do styles, not story development.

But I do wonder why the original Legion outfits aren't JUST AS ICONIC as any other Silver Age hero. I just don't get that at all. What's the rationale for why they are different from Flash, Green Lantern, etc. How is Mon-El not iconic? How is SUPERBOY not iconic? But how are not the rest of the Legionaires not as iconic as any other DC character who had over a hundred issues in DC history?

On a separate point, I grant that the original outfits are unimaginative from a modern POV, but that's because back in 1963, there weren't all that many characters in the very young DC Universe. I grant that the designs are simple and not going to evoke oohs and ahs the way Energy Armor or just most outfits do. I realize you yourself understandably wish to be creative and work on designs that are challenging.

Not every old costume is challenging or imaginative, but don't the iconic old outfits deserve reproduction in the game anyway?

tl;dr: the Legion original outfits absolutely are iconic, IMO. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, thanks for listening and I beg pardon if my enthusiasm for the Legion has been overboard in any way. In the end, my primary interest is seeing the Legion in story content more than it is that we get to do exact duplicates of their costumes for player use, other than yes, emblems would be great.

It is certainly not my intent to annoy you in any way, Megan!
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I’m on y’all’s team as well. Over half my favorites are people obscure or not widely loved. All the time I have people who just watch the movies and tv shows go “...who’s that?” and the people that do read comics go “...really? That character is dumb.”
  18. Bodziony Active Player

Meg, could we please have an eye style to go over the Dark Knight Cowl so my toon doesn’t look blind when I put on a material? Bug Googles just look so crappy over it, but it’s all we got :(
  19. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

You've given us a few Flash emblems and a lot of Lantern emblems but how about variant versions of Kryptonian house emblems? There are many so I'll just pick a few examples here :)
    You already got a Zod one which you could make available or give us one of these 2 versions...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Maybe this 1 for the House Em
    [IMG]
    This for House Ur
    [IMG]
    It would be also cool to get guilds emblems like the Science Guild
    [IMG]
    Or this one of the military guild Sagitari
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    ;)