Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

So we have the Helpers Halo, which is nice. But... how about for April Fools a new halo... one that is a head band with a stick attached, and a fake halo on the top. Like the ones that people wear for costume parties and the like. Or it could work for Christmas, instead of April Fools. Visions of villains running round with fake halos, pretending to be heroes.

Extra cookies if you can make the halo look like it's made of cheap tinsel.

(This was my wife's idea, so blame her). :)
  2. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

The funny thing is that this whole thing brings me back to my Fan Fic from the Your Character's DCUO story thread. At one point, my Ice alt (the neice of Ice from Justice League International) met my Celestial alt Seraph. Seraph had a whitish aura around him and..
    Seraph stood off to the side as Greenbow relayed some information to Golden Dragon from Batman. Frostina studied the Angelic hero for a moment.
    Seraph was easily six feet tall but he had seemed much taller during the Battle. Not Fifty Feet tall like the Shadow Demons, but certainly taller than most of the other guys. His skin, which glowed as Brightly as Cyberbolt’s during the fight, was now less brilliant but it was still clear that he was a being of light rather than that of Flesh and bone. His armor was a shiny metallic suit that looked like silver. but somehow Frostina knew it had to be an element that was not known or found on Earth. Frostina also noticed that the angel didn’t have a halo as so many other celestial heroes had been seen wearing in the watchtower. instead, he seemed surrounded by a thin white forcefield.

“That’s actually his Halo”
    Tsunamisan startled Frostina who suddenly blushed as if she had been caught staring when it had only been a moment.
    “I thought Halos were always the Glowing gold crown things?”
    “Those are awards given to those who perform services to the presence.” Both women jumped as Seraph stepped over.
    “Sorry ladies, i couldn’t help over-hearing” Frostina settled quickly. It was odd, but it seemed the more she was around Seraph, the less self-conscious she felt around the angel.
    “Your armor,” Frostina looked at it a bit more closely. “It’s not Silver…?”
    “No.” Seraph replied. “It’s condensed Faith”
    “Faith?!?” Tsunamisan looked skeptical “You won’t find much on this rock!”
    Seraph laughed at the comment. not derisively, but with genuine amusement.
    “You’d think so, right?!? Actually, this planet is famous in Heaven for it’s overabundance of faith.”
    “Well, I’m sure there are plenty of people who believe….” Tsunamisan began but Seraph shook his head.
    “This isn’t just about faith in what Earth people call “the Almighty.” Seraph actually held up his fingers in the quotation gesture.
    “People all over the world, even all over the Universe have faith in a multitude of things. From Family and Friends, to favorite celebrities, to even political figures. When you combine all that faith, it can be extremely powerful. Equal to the collected will power essence that the Oans collect for the Green lanterns.”
    Before Seraph could elaborate further Golden Dragon called out.

“All right everyone, listen up!”
    From FROSTINA FACES A CRISIS Part 3 "Send Me an Angel!"
    actually, this new Halo is great if you want your character to play Roger Moore on the Saint
    [IMG]Simon Templar by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
  3. rollerskate New Player

ok but when are yall gonna come thru w/ more street styles? i'm tryna get rollerskates up in here wtf!!
    • Like x 2
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree. Roller skates would be great. If we had quads I’d consider switching to speedster.
    • Like x 1
  5. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

6. rollerskate New Player

weren't rollerskates a long-time suggestion for superspeed/acrobatics? i ain't objecting tho.
    • Like x 2
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Yeah. Several things have been long term. Like I always say, don’t give up on politely asking until we get a “No because...” or “maybe because...”
  8. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Is there a collection for Ocean Masters helm? I saw this guy with it and he said it was called Deep Sea Diving but when I checked it out it was for Drift Guard.
    Can anyone help me out?

o_O
    [IMG]
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

The collection is called Deep Sea Diving. The Drift Guard helm looks similar to his, just not with as big wings. An actual Ocean Master helm I don’t know, but I think Drift Guard is close enough.
  10. Megzilla Developer

Oh!! I'm sorry I missed it. So materials go over all of the geometry/mesh; that helmet or material would have to be a "special" one. I don't think we will go back and change it, but I will definitely inquire if we can keep that feedback in mind for the next Batman-esque helmet that we do. Thanks for bringing that up!

I'm glad you like it!! I'll see what I can do.
    I have doomsday shtuff on my list! And yes I really want some updated Circe in my life.
    Our CC hair needs an overall makeover... I'll investigate what we can do though.
  11. Megzilla Developer

Haha! That's cute! I think we might give halos a breather, we got some other goodies planned for April Fools. :p
    That'd actually be a really fun boot style!! Idk if people would be mad if it wasn't a movement mode. I'm not sure. I'll find out. Also what the heck is your signature LOL
    • Like x 3
  12. Bodziony Active Player

• Like x 1
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Right there with you on both, Meg. It would be fun to have, probably more fun on Speedsters, but making it a cosmetic style would be good. And I also found myself trying to figure out that signature. Lol
  14. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Thank you for taking your time to read and respond as time permits. Especially with all of the reposts and responses and redesigns and alternate realities and alternate story arcs and I know you can't give everyone what they want. So thank you for the time and attention you give us. On another note. I am torn because seeing the wonder woman armor from drowned earth story line with the cloth like loincloth added to the front of her skirt could make for a good mystical look aswell as having a shield attached to the hand allows for sword and shield style play but the sword on the waist also allows for more weapons to be used but I also like the witchinghour lasso wrapped around her bracers and spiked shoulder pauldron. For that I blame you I hadn't even read it yet but that one picture made me look forward to it. But yeah thank you for your time meg
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkAya Dedicated Player

So I kinda feel a need to have something like this

[IMG]

Some Shark mask would be nice too, could be next Summer Event or sooner, just don't make the fin too small ;)
  16. GLoRToR Well-Known Player

This one, with special regards to the leg. https://imgur.com/a/oWBfD3e
    [IMG]

The only decent flared skirt we have right now is Metalhead and it's a 10 years old model.

If you put this one in, I'm subscribed forever.
    • Like x 1
  17. Megzilla Developer

If I can't do a witchmarked WW exactly, I can definitely pay attention to the individual and unique design elements and see where I can incorporate them in other designs :)
    I kinda think so too. LOL.
    We could really use a cute new skirt!!
    • Like x 2
  18. Kuno Loyal Player

Make new HD skins for our characters please.
    I think female characters would look way better with Amazon skins. They look way batter than us. We need new regular basic faces so bad... we got some hairstyles over the the years but skins look really outdated: the eyes colour, the make up, even the texture...
    Let us have some updates rather sooner than later!
  19. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Probably the most iconic thing would be the witchmarked tiara with the moon phases and the star forming a pentacle
    [IMG]
    A normal and enhanced version would rock as an added to af vendor something that is easy to get for those that want it but not necessary for those that don't. Other than that the drowned earth wonder woman style from that image is awesome and I would break out my wallet for a tc style.
    • Like x 1
  20. Hurly-Burly Active Player

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]
    Weapon costumes that are not weapons but part of the costume.
    • Like x 1