Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Eve YouTuber

OMG thank you that will be great if that happens :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Dice-Knight New Player

So... is this thread for costume styles only? I´d like to see some new weapon styles being added:

Rifle styles:

Thompson submachine gun with a drum magazine, - probably one of the most iconic guns in history, as formerly used by the military as well as the mafia. The infamous "Chicago Typewriter" is actually already in the game, used by Two-Face and his henchmen in Legends-PVP. Shouldn´t it be easy to transfer the model onto players?

MP5, - this german submachine gun is also very recognizable, despite having over 50 variants. As it is widely used by SWAT teams in North America, the Federal Police in Germany and armies all around the world, it shouldn´t be too hard for a metahuman to get their hands on one.

One-Handed styles:

Military Combat Knife, - where would be the "fun" in trench warfare and close combat, without a weapon to silently eliminate opponents? A lot of FPS-games use knives, so why not introduce a more combat foccused knife then those janbiya that we already have in-game? I´m talking about a blade of stainless steel, maybe a Bowie knife? If I remember correctly, some NPC´s in the "Age of Justice"-Episode also use knives.

Wrench, - just a plain old wrench, to pummel your opponents with. I think a wrench could deal quite some damage, if used as an improvised, blunt weapon.

Two-Handed styles:

Golf club, - "Fore!" Another improvised weapon with a nice swing, I would love to see heroes and villains just bashing each other with sport Equipment. I know we already have baseball bats in-game, but why not golf clubs?

Billard queque, - basically the same reasons as the golf club.

Can´t think of any other weapon classes that need more styles, as Bow, HB and most others already have a satisfying selection to choose from. What do you think?

(P.S. Sorry for my bad english, it´s not my native language)
  3. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Isn't it about time we had a Villainous Aura?
    Something with both Green and Purple in it; maybe a touch of Red and or White?
    I know we got the Riddler Aura; but something more dastardly would be nice.
    Let your creative juices flow on that one.
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

There’s a separate thread for weapon styles (and also one for auras/materials)
  5. Dice-Knight New Player

So... is this thread for costume styles only? I´d like to see some new weapon styles being added:
    Sorry about posting weapon styles earlier, found out that there´s a seperate catecory in the Dev Discussions, that´s why i edit my comment.
    I was too slow, to edit my comment...

Well, costume styles i want to see, include an armor made from video game consoles:

Head: Wireless headphones, maybe even with a mic
    Face: a simple VR-headset
    Shoulders: Shoulder Pads, resembling edged shoulder Buttons with the letter "L" on one shoulder and the letter "R" on the other shoulder
    Torso: a simple black shirt, featuring either "W,A,S,D"-keys or a directional pad printed on the chest
    Hands: Power Glove for the right hand (asymetric)
    Waist: A belt holstering an N-ZAP or a Dreamcast gun

But make these styles only avaiable for a limited time, during major real-life Events involving video games (E3, gamescom, PAX)

What do you think?

(P.S. Sorry for my bad english, it´s not my native language)
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

This has probably been mentioned before, but...heels/boots that fit *under* the Split Personality pants
  7. Jensu Well-Known Player

In the new Arc in Rebirth Hal Jordan/Green Lanterns, and they have the DarkStars in this art, i was thinking that the armor of the DarkStar would be awesome if you guys decide to do another Lantern episode down the road [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Enhanced versions of the Lantern corps emblems
    • Like x 6
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

If they do it, they'll most likely do the new 2018 Rebirth version of the armor/uniform:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Jensu Well-Known Player

11. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

how bout a belt like Henry Cavill from Man of steel and one like the one from justice league theres plenty of ways to try to make it look good but the closest ive found is either amazonian or Techno The border around techno ruins it
  12. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

And the classic emblem with a good size and a low collared plain top
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Maybe a bit ambitious but could we get a style based off of the new Doomsday model? Like his head or shoulders for example.
    • Like x 1
  14. Megzilla Developer

It would def be a cool style!
    • Like x 3
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

Hey Meg, any chances we got things like new hairstyles, new oriental / ninja styles or dual katanas as back piece (think Deathstroke)?
    Thanks you!
    • Like x 1
  16. Megzilla Developer

Stay tuned ;)
    • Like x 7
  17. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I would totally wear that as my main style and never change it
    • Like x 1
  18. X13-KING Well-Known Player

Please make a chest for the Cat Burglar style set. Only having legs and a waist that's kinda "meh" is terrible. It needs a chest at the lest. One that displays emblems like the Tech Ninja or Stalwart Defender chest styles. If given a chest I think the Cat Burglar style set would work great with the Batman-Inspired Mask head and the Bat-Gauntlet hand styles.

PS: Please re-release the Batman-Inspired Mask so newer players can get it.
    • Like x 3
  19. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Going along with this, can we get complete Catwoman costumes from various eras/AUs? Like, the old Adam West style, Bombshell, Gotham City Garage, the pre- New 52, Rebirth, etc?

(Sorry, Mepps, I’ve always considered Catwoman to be *way* cooler than Batman. Except for Adam West. And that Halle Berry movie doesn’t count.)
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For the millionth time, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN! Besides, there's the 2-pack of Batman Cowls in the Marketplace that are 1) far more accurate to Batman's actual cowl, and 2) they can be redeemed on EVERY character on your account! And besides those 2, there's also the Dashing Crusader Head Style (AKA First Nu 52 Batgirl Cowl) available in-game. So Players are not without options for Batman/Batgirl cowls.

But those Players that weren't around to have Survived the Hack that happened in 2011 will NEVER get the Batman-Inspired Mask, because that was a special gift reserved for those that HAD THEIR PERSONAL INFO, INCLUDING ANY STORED CREDIT CARD PAYMENT INFO, STOLEN DURING THE HACK!

So, while it may suck In Your Opinion that you can't get that Head Style, you need to be THANKFUL that you didn't have your personal info STOLEN by hackers, because that's a hefty price to pay for a lousy Head Style and the associated Feat. :rolleyes:

And let's be honest here: Back when it was the ONLY Batcowl Player Characters could have, it sucked to not have it. But as replicas of Batman's Cowl go, it was a pretty lousy replica. It would've actually worked better for my recreation of the Crime Syndicate's Owlman than for an actual Batman Clone, but now, it's a moot point. We've had accurate Batcowls for awhile now, and thanks to the Earth 3 content, we even have 2 versions of Owlman's helmet, including the one that goes with the version of Owlman I set out to recreate, so that Batman-Inspired Head Style is now superfluous.

And to top it all off, I'm not even sure if it allows you to use Face Styles with it, while the Marketplace Batcowls definitely DO allow that:

[IMG]

So just be glad you have other options to have a Batcowl in-game and move on with your day. You'll be a lot happier that way. :p