Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

anyone Making DC iconic Requests Tweet Warner Bros Entertainment and DC Comics and Ask Them To Allow Daybreak Games To use their Licensed Materials in DCUO
    • Like x 1
  2. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi

Last year I got a question answered on #askdcuo.. I asked if we could get new colour pollen auras for the spring event, Mepps asked SJ and SJ said yes.. After these didn't appear, I didn't say anything coz it seemed like an azhat move to harp on about it.

Spring is a few months away.. and even though I have LOADS of OG auras.. I still love that aura and wish for it in more colours other than gold. erm.. being fair SJ wasn't 100% on which aura it is.. so here's a picture:

[IMG]

I would also love to see, hard light construct pet styles, if your a RL , GL or YL then when you summon the iconic pet, it could be a hard light construct like the (hard light) weapons.

good idea bad idea?
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Good idea, but I want to get violet hard light weapons first :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Ascended Well-Known Player

Please!

A while back I dropped a big post in the "aura and materials" thread, talking about how we have auras for magic and meta type characters, but our street level or tech-based toons have nothing. I suggested a "programming code" aura, like the Matrix data scrawl, a force field aura (sort of like the material you guys just dropped in TC) and my personal favorite, the holo-screen aura, which would just be a couple small holographic screens floating in front of the character. Like, when Cyborg walks into a fight in Injustice, he has all these screens floating in front of him.....I want that in DCUO **so** badly!

And as always, thanks for taking the time to read and comment in the thread, Megzilla and/or other Devs who pop in.
  5. Jackie-13 New Player

I don't know if this really classes as a 'Costume Style', but is there any way, any way at ALL, that the Light colours could be changeable? I know a lot of people, myself included, have asked about the powers of a Black Lantern, Star Sapphire, etc etc. but I really don't see the point in an entire powerset when Light already exists. So..... why not let us pick the colours for Light? We have the emblems, and I've seen many Lantern-inspired toons. I know that Green = Hero, Yellow = Villain in game, but we've seen heroic Yellows and evil Greens (especially with Dawnbreaker appearing). With recent comic moments like this one https://comicnewbies.files.wordpres...r-woman-joins-the-sinestro-corps-1.jpg?w=1200 it'd be a great customisation. Probably, like skimming, have the colour connected to the first colour on your palette? I heard this was possible in the very early stages of the game, long before I started playing.

We have a full Black Lantern style, a star sapphire style with base items, an Indigo tribe style, and of course numerous Green, Yellow and Red styles, but some more customisation would be nice. Glowing armour accessories, http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LxU2LRAz8...DTbH6F2HtI/s1600/Red+Lanterns+Ring+Leader.jpg or construct hair http://www.placesandpredators.com/52/RedLanterns22g.jpg would also be a nice addition. These seem a little weak compared to the main question I had re; Light colour options, but if that was doable there'd be a whole spectrum of possible styles there.
  6. Volle Active Player

What this game need more of is coloor slots 4 slots is low when we culd have room for 6 slots in the menu. I thinck 6 coloor slots wuld improve the overall game experince for meny ppl.. 6 slots wuld make ur costume pop out more and no more beting ur self up on i need use thes 3 colors and use the 4 on just for emblem to make it stand out.. we realy need 6 slots of coloor choise!

And Iconic Superman and Batman emblems, now that batman beyond emblem is in game maby make superman beyond suit and emblem aswell. and thes new dark knight metal suit of red death is super cool it broth over allot my friends to go back and play the game cuz of how much thay love the comic book of dark knight metal. love see more suits from tha-

Add More Coloor slots in Palette, 4slots to low need be 6 slots !! 2018 now and still this hasent been improved allso the UI window culd use a coloor option geting old with this blue coloor in the menue
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

the reason the 2016 swagbag was removed was because of licensing issues Tweet your Complaints to Warner Brothers inc and hopefully they Hear us and allow daybreak to use their licensed emblems and costume styles
  8. Charger New Player

Iconic costumes?

Kid Flash themed
    Wally West Flash Rebirth costume
    Red Robin (Pre New 52) themed
    Black Canary III (Arrowverse) theme, or Just Black Canary themed
    Robin (Damian Wayne or Titans TV show) themed

And speaking of Damian, you mentioned him in Riddled with Crime, but Tim Drake is still Robin. I love Tim as Robin but since you gave Superman his Rebirth costume (guess you'll have to change it back with Action Comics 1000, eh? :p ) can we age them up a bit and put Tim in the Red Robin suit and have the little **** running around? Also have Bart around as Impulse and new Wally as KF with regular Wally showing up in HIS Rebirth suit? Time to update!!!
    • Like x 1
  9. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

Vest styles.
    More helmet styles without face covering.
    Tattered styles like the cape we already have.
    More slimline styles with themes like striped, dots, stars, hand prints, open skin parts, and 4 tone color pallet usage etc.
    And more slimline styles that can match up with in game powers like sorcery, electricity, fire,and ice that are available at character creation. Like leafy and animal fur/stripe/spots patterns for nature, waves / crashing surf / bubbles for water, jagged stone / crystal for earth, and spirals or something mesmerizing for mental.
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve YouTuber

I would like to see style's like Gotham City Garage Girls:
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 6
  11. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Now that we have Bombshell and Dark Night Metal stuff, I love this idea. Particularly the the WonderWoman & Supergirl styles.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hey guys,

Sorry to repeat myself (and everyone else) but I would really love to see the classic Superboy style in the game. Perhaps parts of it either as a member gift, on the broker or in the time capsule due in April - May to coincide with the Superman 80th Anniversary / Action Comics 1000th issue.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Ascended Well-Known Player

Mr. Terrific style, anyone? He's been a staple of the JSA for twenty years, he ran Checkmate for a while, he's involved in the current Metal story and he's getting a book real soon. We've got his emblem already, as well as Checkmate gear and a title that could be good (at least thematically) for cross-style mixing. And his iconic T-Sphere mini-drones could make for a really killer head/back style.

If nothing else, how about at least giving us a Mr. Terrific face mask?

As well as the Jonah Hex and Trigon Eyes face masks I've asked for? :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Trinidad James Loyal Player

[IMG]

I want these shoes, we need more sneakers and heels
    • Like x 2
  15. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

And the Baseball caps too ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. SappyZ Level 30

As an anime fan, there are few styles i'd like to request. Robe or a coat that's not too tight and covers the character from top to bottom. Sorry if the request is too cringe. :p

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

Or a back style with bigger swords than the one we had in amazon's fury dlc Amazon polemarch back.

[IMG]
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

idk if it was being posted yet:

Jon Kents outfit, especially the chest style with the fluid translation into the short back cape.
    Torn jeans is also something we dont have yet. Female version could be similar torn jeans shorts.
    Would also take that hairstyle btw. :p

[IMG]

EDIT: The 1.2 design from Jimenez:

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  18. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Torn jeans are unisex, so are cutoffs (though some women will cut them off higher than guys do)
    • Like x 1
  19. DaBatmanX Well-Known Player

Seconded. Please this would be perfect for Superman's anniversary
  20. Volle Active Player

I made the Dark knight Metal Murder Machine in DCUO we need more Dark knight metal! styl[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1