Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ascended Well-Known Player

So, this isn't *just* a style request, but I know the devs check this thread so.....

This is Superman's 80th birthday. And DCUO should capitalize on that. Just take a look at the staggering number of Superman rip-offs in this game, clearly there's an appreciation for the character. I feel like the devs know that, what with the kryptonite aura we just got, Krypto, all the base items and styles, etc. But this is still a pretty big anniversary, and DC itself probably won't do it justice so I'm hoping DCUO will.

I asked for Krypto as a christmas gift, and you guys gave him to me for New Year's. I asked for a force field aura and you guys gave me a force field material. So I feel like Im sorta on a roll here :) and Im gonna ask that you guys do right by the Man of Tomorrow in 2018.

A new emblem would be great, a Superman emblem group (Kingdom Come, Golden Age, Electric, etc) would be better, and I wouldn't argue with a new Super-hair style either. And I'd like his cape, both as a style option (House of El warsuit I know, but I mean one with some flair) and a base item (torn cape from Doomsday fight in a glass case?) or some Kryptonian backup trinkets. Superman based content wouldn't be out of the question either of course, and I'd love to go to either the Phantom Zone or the 5th dimension.

And of course, a new Superman armor style (gotta keep it at least sorta on topic right?). It's easy to replicate the classic suit if you have the BvS era emblem, but you guys are getting really good at the little details and textures and stuff, and I'm betting you can crank out a new Super-suit that's at least on the level of your Batman Beyond gear.

EDIT: I looked for some threads about Superman's 80th, and none of them had been touched in a while, which is why I posted this here. Well, that and I do want a new Superman suit for his birthday......
    • Like x 2
  2. Clawed Active Player

Sounds like a good idea for the capsules.

Superman Armor
    [IMG]

emblems

classic
    [IMG]

Kingdom
    [IMG]

Redson
    [IMG]

Doomsday
    [IMG]

Electric

[IMG]

Rebirth
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  3. Ascended Well-Known Player

I'd hate to see a Superman birthday celebration stuck behind a TC paywall.....but I'd still take it.

But the style better be so amazing it blows my mind.
  4. Volle Active Player

wee need this!! [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Pretty sure you can get pretty darn close to that now. You'll just need to mix and match styles to do it.
    • Like x 1
  6. WayCrazy New Player

Actually I agree with you, tails should be waist not back. My mistake.
    • Like x 3
  7. val-zodE2 Well-Known Player

Yes please but one thing that rebirth one is actually new 52
    • Like x 1
  8. CTCFirebird Active Player

[IMG]
    Please make this an Emblem
    • Like x 1
  9. Volle Active Player

More Dark Knight Metal! love so much to get the Laughing bat in to DCUO aswell! know that comunity want this aswell[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Looks more like a Ceno-bat to me LOL

Specifically, I’d say ‘inspired by the Chatterer’. So who in the DC Universe opened the puzzle box? :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Volle Active Player

The Dark Knight Metal comic is quite a popular read. so brining more of this to game wuld incress players. and maby even add story episode at some point. [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

This post receives 1000 thumbs up from me. :) :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

im so sick of people asking if i have a spare superman emblem id like to be able to direct people to the market for it but its gone please bring it back
  14. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Thank you for the tags. Yes, I was talking about the targeting eyepiece on 'modern' Luthor (the iconic), the one that goes over the right eye with a purple lens (although I hope this can be custom-colored, I like green better).
  15. Volle Active Player

Dark knight Metal suits next one shuld be murder machine! with a cool pixel aura ! ore infused pixel data aura detaild to it [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Megzilla Developer

Pixel aura would be rad
    • Like x 1
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I dunno if you saw my request for some proper bikini bottoms to go with the beach tank but I would like to add swimming goggles and a swimming cap to that request. And maybe a proper swimming animation for acrobatic characters too. That last one’s probably not gonna happen but I can ask xD
    • Like x 1
  18. supalova20 Well-Known Player

ELECTRIC AURA PLEASE
    • Like x 1
  19. Megzilla Developer

I did write down bikini bottoms, I can add swimming acroutement as well
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Neat. :-D