Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. recoil Committed Player

incidentally now that we have water powers and two of them actually have their own weapon variants (aquatic arsenal and aqua lance) we do need this idea alongside a new weapon style pack styled after water powers.
  2. recoil Committed Player

also to elaborate on the chains and or whip idea, we could have astral/fire/ice/hard light/celestial/ and water chain style themes. i personally would find it neat if we could flail npc enemies with chains that are on fire.
  3. Willpower Level 30

I know this isn't what you were talking about, but instead of new styles for weapons, what would be good now is a new weapon type or two. We now have 15 powers and two more on the way, but we've only ever had 1 new weapon. Two new weapons I can think of right away, maybe three, would be;

Sword and Shield - Wonder Woman basically uses this in the Wonder Woman movie. I know we have sword, and I know we have shield, but don't have both, and both is VERY often used. In fact, the only thing that is probably used more is a single sword, or maybe unarmed. We can't even use both with Weapon Specialization. (Seriously, with only a few exceptions the weapon that match up with Weapon Specialization don't make a lot of sense. Though that's the subject of another thread.) Like Dual Wield, they wouldn't always have to be a sword and shield. It could be an axe and shield, or a club and shield, or something else.

Whip - A whip or rope based weapon would be IMMENSELY cool. You already even have some of the animations set up with a combination of powers that already include whip-like action from Hard Light and Iconic Powers. This also wouldn't have to be only whips. It could also be chains, ropes, wire, or monofilament cable. Catwoman could use this.

Dual Whips - Where one whip would be cool, 2 would be really cool too. Plus it is another used in the comics occasionally.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Two more on the way? Where did you get this info from?
  5. Silver Fox New Player

Does anyone knows if we are going to have a water weapon style set? Because they gave us that splash pack, but I was ready spend my loyalty points on the new weapon style set, but as we all know they didn't gave us that, and it sucks because every power except for munitions and atomic have their own weapons style sets... And to be honest it wouldn't even be that complicated to do, for example:
    Staff - can easily be a trident
    Shield - something similar to tempest guard can be really cool
    Two handed - it would be better to have two medium/small
  6. Silver Fox New Player

Sorry I couldn't finish the message because my phone died and now I can't edit it. But my point is that it can be a really cool looking weapon style set, so I don't know why didn't they gave us that instead of the splash base items pack. And maybe those are not even good examples, they can make something really impressive with the weapon set
  7. DC Urban Committed Player

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok.,...hold the phone, lets back up a second.

What is the point of this thread?

lol, Have any new weapons even been put in the game?
  8. Optimus New Player

FLAMING WEAPONS!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Ascended Well-Known Player

Not since Shields, no. I'm not sure when this thread started but I'm guessing back when we all thought new weapon groups would be added. Now it seems to mostly be a weapon style thread. Which isn't nearly as cool as a whole new group, but is still fun.
  10. Ashrod New Player

why not having weapons whit some cool slash/shoot efects
    like, instead the clasic bang explosion on a pistol, a laser gun efect, or a magical tipe with animations and sounds as short as the common ones
    and for the two handed a thunder slash efect when u atack an oponent
    they could be tematical styles and premium material

pd: if they already exist i may not have seen them for not paying atention, sorry
  11. The Story New Player

New weapon. Spell Book.
    Fix shield aura, hold range is plain white....
    New weapon. HAWK. (bird on hand/arm)
    • Like x 1
  12. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I agree... in fact Dev's as this is a superhero / villain based game, the title "Weapon Styles" seems a bit unnecessary. It should really be titled "Fighting Styles" as they would most likely we should be using more hand-to-hand combat styles and / or powers. Different fighting styles would be more appropriate than just weapons (especially rifle, duel pistol).

Rather than just Brawling and Martial Arts, these styles should be made obsolete or re-evaluted so we can have the following styles added:

Mixed Martial Arts / Kung Fu / Krav Maga (more blocking / punching / close combat)
    Karate / Tae Kwon-Do / Muay Thai (more jumping / kicking)
    Jiu Jitsu / Capoeira / Wrestling (break dance / choking / low ground combat)

At the very least, an additional fight style would also be better for weapon mastery for those of us that don't want to use any weapons
  13. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

In addition to my last post, Animal Whisperer would be a great weapon style. Rather than just pet trinkets, we could conjure an animals such as a wolf / large cat / bird which would be great for close combat & long ranged attacks.

This would also be great for lantern based powers (like Rage & Hard Light) as we could have light construct animals, Gadgets could have a robot animals, Earth / Ice / Fire / Water could have elemental style animals and so forth.
    • Like x 1
  14. recoil Committed Player

this would be neat. i always thought it was weird that though constructs like moving buzzsaws and automatons are officially canon for lanterns in game we never get to use those. another neat thing would be more trinkets like dour heart and the seasonals but instead of just one summons have a good 4 or 5 instead. like maybe some underworldly/demonic looking hounds for halloween.
  15. AquiloFury Committed Player

A huge lollipop for a two handed weapon. Would be perfect for that killer clown. Imagine getting beat with a huge spiral lollipop lol
    • Like x 1
  16. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

Batman 'bat' inspired weapons. Could be cheesy, could be cool.

Just use a lot of bat wings on stuff, most would be easy to come up with.

Dual wield. The blades would be sickle like bat wings.
    One handed. Much like the already existing Arachnid blade, make the hilt bat wings.
    Staff. Maybe an orb like a hood ornament with wings out the sides on either end of the staff.
    Bow. Easy, already shaped like wings, most of the work done right there.
    Shield. A big Batman symbol.
    Pistols. Tiny bat wings on either side of each gun I guess? Or the handles would be the wings?
    Hand blasters. There is already a style that seems pretty close, I think they are called magical hand blast foci.
    Brawling. Similar to the Hammerhead shark punchers, or maybe make them like big Bat symbol stamps you can leave the symbol impressed in your foes faces with every punch.
    Martial arts. Maybe a Batarang that is a bit warped like the sonic one in Batman Forever?
    Two handed. ... I've got nothing :p Well maybe a big bat double bladed axe.
    Rifle. Glowing batman logo on the side, or again, and the more silly route, like the pistols just slap some wings on it.

Don't know if I'm missing any weapon categories, I'm doing this out of boredom while DCUO is down for the daily shutdown.
    • Like x 1
  17. Saturn Girl Committed Player

18. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

I agree on a lot of what you're saying here, but if i may add my own input;
    Dual Wield: like large batarangs?
    One-Handed, Bow, Martial Arts : YES!
    Staff: Similar to the Dragon- or Demon-Headed staff, only an open-mouthed bat's head.
    Shield: In previous posts, I recommended the Batman 1966 'Bat-Shield', as seen in the TV series.
    Dual Pistol: Both are good.
    Handblasters; Yes, just modify an already existing design with Bat's Wings
    Brawling; Bat-faced boxing gloves? Brilliant!
    Two-Handed: Precisely. a double-bladed axe with the blades as wings, the center a 'bat-in-flight' body.
    Rifle: Like the Smiling Shark Joker-Fish I suggested: a full body bat, mouth open, wings wrapped around itself like the weilder is 'carrying' the bat.
  19. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

We have peppermint candy weapon style from Seasons Greedings. Why not halloween theme weapons for The Witching Hour?
    Shield - Big old jack o lantern face.
    Two handed - Pumpkin appearance bladed axe or headed hammer. Good against jack o lanterns the day after Halloween.
    One handed - Jack o lantern headed scepter. You are the Pumpkin King!
    Staff - Witch broom. Sweep the leg!
    Duel wield - A pair of candy filled sacks. *bonus points if candy spills out*
    Brawling - Giant monster hands, probably Frankenstein based *like toy Hulk hands*.
    Martial arts - Large lollipops with bites out of them like Sam has in the movie Trick R Treat.
    Hand blasters - Jack o lanterns on fists so the beams shoot out the glowing jack o lantern face holes.
    Pistols - Hmmm... maybe big hand held Halloween candy, orange and black wrapper I suppose?
    Rifle - Proton pack for busting ghosts? Or another bigger Halloween candy?
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Seriously why is this thread even still a thing? There hasnt been new weapon styles in over 2 years now. And there has been many opportunities to add some. Even with RwC the riddler cane could have been a 1h style. Could have added a water construct wpn pack to the MP. A munitions pack of rifles. An atomic pack of wpns. An iconic pack of weapons with harleys mallet, penguins umbrella, joker MA bombs, etc. None of it happens. We cant even get the scarecrow dual wield cleavers into the game.