Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. recoil Committed Player

speaking of large swords in lantern missions is anyone else wondering why we never saw alan scotts' great sword as a droppable style? that'd look neat as a two handed/one handed/ dual wield style.
  2. recoil Committed Player

3. recoil Committed Player

also another interesting idea why not develop a brawling style where it's red/yellow/green lantern rings on each finger of your hand style and nothing else?
  4. Dene Devoted Player

Great ideas - plus the Superman inspired kryptonian stuff, mentioned earlier.. all would be perfect for MP

5. Mykedrn New Player

Gladius swords.
  6. Crenshinibon Level 30

Twinkle & Icingdeath please and thanks.
    [IMG]
  7. 8balls Well-Known Player

How about weapon styles marketplace packs for powers that have already come out but don't have weapon styles for them? Like Munitions or Atomic?
  8. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

"Joker Fish' weapon style. Looks like normal fish except has red smile (watch the BtAS episode "The Laughing Fish", base don the story of the same name);
    One-Handed: Swordfish Joker Fish
    Two-Handed: Hammerhead Shark Joker Fish
    Dual Pistol: pair of Halibut Joker Fish
    Dual Wield: pair of Sturgeon Joker Fish
    Brawlers: pair of Octopi Joker Fish with a red 'smile' on it
    Martial Arts: Squid Joker Fish with a red 'smile' on it
    Staff : Sea Snake Joker Fish, stiffened.
    Shield: large distressed sign advertising Joker Fish
    HandBlasters: Jellyfish with a red 'smile' on them
    Bow: 2 Electric Eel Joker Fish with a red 'smile' on it in the shape of a bow.
    Rifle: Shark Joker Fish
    • Like x 1
  9. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Nunchucks!!!! for new weapon.

But, I would like to spec into any weapon move and use weapon play from tray much like using DeathStroke Legends. lets make this weapon mastery 2.0.

lunge>cartwheel kick> arrow kip up move> rifle backflip>2nd shuriken throw>lunge>smoke bomb>nunchuck flurry or whatever weapon moves you imagination desire and so on with a **** ton of combos/moves hybridized with powers etc. A kick *** splay style.
  10. Black Eneas Active Player

[IMG]

weapons that have water drips from them or toxic waste or blood fire thats covered Also crystal wepons see through
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Lexs New Player

Okay I know this isn't exactly the right place for this but it has to be suggested again and again until they see reason. Please make Hard Light color optional. You'd merely have to adjust the animations slightly to pull this off. You can be lazy and make the color completely open. Or you could offer heroes and villains a selection of choices that fit the lantern abilities. So maybe leave out red since there's currently a power for that. Black and white should also not be an option. Maybe also blue since the their constructs are supposed only be available in the presence of a green lantern.

If you wanted you could charge for the color switches. And believe me, people would pay for the option. I'd personally love to have an Orange Lantern. I can tell you there are hordes of Violet Lantern fans out there as well. We know you cant make all the individual powers so why not just make the bulk of us happy by giving us a customizable lantern.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kestral Committed Player

Anything distance. Right now the only good option for a distance weapon is handblast. It does the quickest and most precise dmg. While you would think bow or one of the gun styles could considered mainly distance weapons they have almost no combos for distance making them midrange at best.

I do love my handblast but seriously like 85% of the player base uses it. Lets get some variety here.
  13. supalova20 Well-Known Player

get to choose weapon variation....example Gadgets....putting that power in the form of an ARROW....gauss grenade in the form of an ARROW....sticky mine in the form of an arrow....etc....
  14. Ascended Well-Known Player

Power variations would be cool, but I doubt we'll ever see it. I mean, I'd love to make my Atomic powers green, or get a Blue Lantern color scheme for my Hard Light character, etc, but could you do that without having to re-write the entire code? Sounds like it might be a lot of work, and if the Skimming variant didn't generate enough revenue for DCUO to make more of those (I wanted my motorcycle, dammit!), I'm not sure if power variants would be worth the effort.

But I still think weapon style variants would be a nice addition. A whip for a One-Handed style, nunchucks for.....Shield, maybe? I think you might be able to pull off wands for Pistols, or maybe Hand Blasters, etc.

Something as simple as a unusual, different weapon style within the established weapon groups would be fantastic, and likely wouldn't require much more effort than making a new style usually does (which they do quite often). So instead of giving us yet another hammer/sword/ax for One-Handed, make it a whip/lasso/chain instead (Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Lobo fans would thank you!). Throw the new styles in a time capsule or (better yet) on the Marketplace, and I bet DCUO would make some money off it for very little investment.
  15. Cobalt Chameleon New Player

I second any and all of this.
  16. Taerie Active Player

I suppose we're going to need some Water Guns (dual pistol) Super Soakers (Rifle) Pool Noodles (2h & 1h) and perhaps in a year for water's 1st year Ann. - a water balloon trinket that summons like a basketball sized water balloon :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Gerry Well-Known Player

i made an Elektra style character once & she did have these
    [IMG]

her primary weapons are Sais any chance to see those in the game

[IMG]

looks great huh, any chance we'll see these weapons in here?
  18. recoil Committed Player

sais would be neat for dual wield. also alan scott's great sword in dual wield/one handed/two handed styles similar to the barbarian tech style would be neat. also chains would be awesome! especially if they could get as many styles for them as the rest of the weapons.
  19. recoil Committed Player

this, this would be amazing.
    [IMG]
  20. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

-Street stuff as weapons, like a Traffic light for two handed, two pipes for two wield, etc.
    -Sports stuff, a hockey stick, tennis racket, golf stick as weapon and the balls as a projectile. I'm thinking in Casey Jones (from Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles) and this could be awesome. In this sense, for rifle could be the machine that launchs baseball balls, etc.
    -More animal head's for brawling weapons, (i love the demon's head by the way).
    -Sword and shield for one handed, shield and two wield.