Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

It's not just about new weapon styles, it's also about making older weapon styles easier available.

For example
    • Mist weapons (L+W)
    • Artifact Weapons (NGN, HH)
    • Starter weapons (character creation)
    • Runic weapons (VG, BD, SoR, UD)
    • Retro tech and Turf (Ace, Strykers, Steelworks, Arkham inside missions)
    • Sunstone Crystal (FOS1-3)
    • Astral (TD)
    • Brainiac (PBG)
    • And a lot more, which I forgot

It would be great, if all those in some cases difficult to get weapon styles would be put onto a weapon style vendor for 10 marks each, so we could buy them with spare marks. :)
  2. Plastic.dcuo New Player

Well, I've been asking about this since day one, but is it possible to get iconic weapons:

1) Umbrella Rifle (Like the Penguin has. Does no one want this?)
    2) One-Handed Board with a nail.
    3) Big Cartoon Boxing gloves
    4) Pom poms (For Brawling, Dual Pistols, Dual Wield & Martial arts)
    5) Skateboard shield

Also, how about the whip weapon style. Catwoman has it in Legends, and I know lots of people have been asking for it in game?

Dual cord weapon style (Dual chains, Rope dart, flail, Nunchucks) might be fun as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Agent of Strife New Player

Whilst new weapons would keep it interesting, how about improving some of the skill moves as well...eg spinning kicks for the martial arts or head grab and knee to the face for the brawler? Stuff like that, which I believe is well within your capabilities.

regards,
    • Like x 2
  4. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I would like a variation of the astral weapons from TD but with the gleaming effect and the gleaming weapons with the astral effect. I like the effects but wish the styles were reversed on a few of them especially the astral staff
  5. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

I'd go crazy over a Red Energy Scarecrow's Twisted Cleaver. ;)
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

Fish Weapon still in for. Call it "Shiny Mackerel". Weapons stats and calculations would be nothing without him, give him a small honor ;D

[IMG]

Let him pick the weapon type make it a golden item and let it drop as special rare style in a future Capsule ^^
    • Like x 1
  7. Jon the Wizard New Player

-Violet Weapon Style (All Weapons). For those who want to roleplay as a Star Sapphire.
    -Robot Arms (Brawling, Martial Arts). Think Jax from Mortal Kombat.
    -Zip Guns (Dual Pistol). Improvised guns made of pipes and wood.
    -Sword Cane (Dual-Wield). Sword in the right hand, sheath in the left.
    -Macuahuitl (Two-Handed). Imagine a boat oar about the length of a broadsword lined with sharpened obsidian.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Sword-Chucks, yo, SWORD-CHUCKS!

[IMG]

:D
    • Like x 2
  9. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Also iconic weapons like wonder woman's shield huntress guns joker's crowbar and dual pistols Harley's hammer the sword from the themysciran battlesuit and others
  10. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Definitely Kryptonian Battlesuit!:D

Main Avatar: Future Kal 175 CR 217 SP Power Ice DPS/TANK. USPC Meta Hero.League: USPC :Justice League 3001, Future DC Legends, Leader.
    USPS: Superboyistic 152 CR 146 SP Ice DPS/TANK.
    Alts Include: Guardian El, Guardian Kal, Future Blurr, Kid Superboyistic, Lantern Kal, Kal Starchild, Future Superboyistic,, Clarky Kent, and Super Spaceboy, Quantum Kal, and Superboyistic.

11. 8balls Well-Known Player

I'd like to see weapon skins based on Atomic and Munitions, also I'd like to weapon skin packs that aren't based on powers, maybe even ones based on the supervillains and superheroes of the DC universe, I would pay all the moneys for a joker weapon set, also an umbrella for rifles like the penguin. Maybe A walking stick too.
  12. 8balls Well-Known Player

Also crossbows for rifles, and hand crossbows for pistols, they don't have to shape your projectiles into crossbow bolts either, when you fight Huntress in the first Joker story arch her projectiles aren't changed either and they still look pretty convincing.
  13. BrokenEssence Level 30

This isn't really a weapon style, more of a weapon accessory. I'd like to see weapon auras for regular weapons. None of the store bought styles, but that'd be cool, too, I suppose. I'd like, for one to have an aura that simply emit from the weapon; two, an aura that changes the texture and color of weapon attacks (much like powers do) and three, this isn't really an aura thing, I'd just like to change the color of my weapon attacks. I'd like to change hand blasters to a color that matches my character's scheme.
  14. Danielle_Tgurl Committed Player

bat with nails n barb wire. You have bat and a 2x4 with nails but want bat with barb wire n nails and pretty sure some folks know why Lucy
  15. Arcanekid New Player

New weapons would be sword placement by the hip like the three musketeers. Crowbar, king cane, police baton, chainsaw, allumimun bat, nun-chucks, boomerang, freeze gun, flamethower, shoulder mounted launchers (lex)
  16. N3XTgunnerUP New Player

Well I would like to see 2 New weapons style. 1st would be whips as lashina has one.
    2nd would be a short sword and shield because it sounds awsome. What do you guys think?
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Whips as a new weapon type!

Can u deliver it, Devs?
  18. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

What about just new effects to our existing weapons, styles won't cut it as a interest.
  19. Juggalossus Well-Known Player

I want Finger Guns for Dual Pistols!!!
  20. Jak-Man Committed Player

Instead of new weapon styles, can you guys make Martial Arts look lil bit more Martial Art-sy? Like, an actual martial arts stance, like Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Kung-fu, Karate, Judo, MMA, kickboxing... y'know, instead of using the pose that Hal assumes from the one comic panel?

Oh hold on here's an idea for a style for MA: Backhanded Bowie knives. The really, really big ones.

Edit: Honestly you should just put those fighting styles in the game as variations to Martial Arts since I'm going on about this. I know you can do it. It would make PVP worth getting into, at least for me anyway.