Tell the Devs what Weapon Styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by oasenhoheit, Jul 17, 2013.

1. 8balls Well-Known Player

well don't I feel silly
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oops, I forgot an important one... Player Character Green Lanterns and Sinestro Corps Members can ALSO summon up a trio of Ring Construct Miniguns as one of their Powers/Special Attacks! ;)

[IMG]

Sorry the picture's not that great, but at least you can get the general idea. :D

P.S. In case you couldn't tell, I like miniguns, too, so I'll never complain about the Devs finding more excuses to add more of them into the game. ;)
  3. metal10 Level 30

for Dual Wield , How about some nice Chained Morning Star Weapons.. like.. with some gnarly spiked Skulls on the ends, or Something crazy like baby doll heads.. be creative.. By the way... im not a new player.. been gaming since early 2012..
  4. Phen0menal Active Player

The weapon style that I would like to see more of for two handed baseball bat. I have only seen it once during an early mission in gotham but I was had to choose between that or nightwings escrima weapons. They never appear again but other weapons I see multiple times, unless I miss them somewhere else. I know the escrima appear again as pvp weapons but not the baseball ball.
  5. DezDarkly Active Player

6. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

More Shield styles with changeable symbols.
    • Like x 3
  7. recoil Committed Player

i would totally go after the larger demon sword if it were duel wield.
  8. recoil Committed Player

also bring back such styles as the elite scythe and avatar bombardier. and making the full skeleton mask from the bootique just a mask would be nice. like they said be creative!
  9. Scarlet Morrigan Active Player

What I would like to see is a terminal (like where you buy styles) or vendor for Weapon Styles. That way you don't necessarily how to get the weapon to get the style for it.
    • Like x 1
  10. CHUD1985 New Player

A "laser cannon" (big gun with single solid beam) weapon type. Several npcs already carry something like this.

A throwing weapon (primarily) ranged weapon type. Could be used with knives, batons, boomerangs, playing cards, etc. styles.

A chain/whip weapon type.

Animal claws - Martial Arts/Brawling styles
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Already in the game. It's the Cyborg's Glove Gun/Cybernetic Cannon Hand Blaster Weapon Style:

[IMG]

You're welcome. ;)

Besides the Shield Weapon Type/Style, you also have some of the other options employed as 1) the Ranged Attacks for the Martial Arts Weapon Style (you start out with throwing knives or darts, but later get the ability to throw shurikens/throwing stars as well) and 2) Iconic Powers (for the Boomerang/Batarang Attack.)

I'm pretty sure there's already at least 1 or 2 styles in the game for this... I'm thinking the Werewolf Hand Style and Foot Style available RIGHT NOW from the Halloween Event Vending Machine, if nothing else. But I'll look into this a little more.

EDIT: Besides the Werewolf Hands and Feet available from the Halloween Event Vending Machine, the only other Animal-based style that I'm aware of right now is the Fiddler Crab Hand Style, which is also from a Seasonal Event:

[IMG]

So, there's definitely room for more animal-based styles in the future.
  12. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

[IMG]

This one handed style, I'm not sure if it's still in the game because I have yet to get it. If it is could someone please tell me where it drops?
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It might have been removed from the game. There's a discussion of that style OVER HERE.
  14. recoil Committed Player

the sin avatar wings. they are just so amazing looking. also more large dual wield styles like claymore or barbarian tech. or more ornate weapons like elite style scythe or demonic swords.
  15. DulcesS Well-Known Player

I'd like to have Harley's mallet style.
  16. Pinocchio New Player

Please do a WHIP Type weapon !! That weapon is very popular and used by many famous heroes like......... Catwoman , Indiana Jones , castlevania , ect ect I don't understand why we dont have one yet .......
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They said it would be very difficult to program it because of how fluid whips are. That, and weapons in general take a lot of memory and there just isn't much memory for them to use on the PS3. Maybe IF the PS3 version of the game is ever dropped we might see a whip.
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

This shield [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

YoYo! as a style of one handed or dual wield. OR AS A NEW WEAPON.
    i guess yoyo was invented as weapon in the first place?
    also: boomerang as one handed or dual wield style or new weapon.
    • Like x 1
  20. JeremyLacuna New Player

I'm an idiot. Lol. Been a DCUO player since April 2011 but FINALLY got around to creating an account for the forums. Didn't know this thread existed but I just posted an idea for a new weapon class (with styles) in the powers, weapons, & movement forum