Tanks are going to make a HUGE comeback!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Korlick Loyal Player

The new Tank power does sounds really cool. But it also sounds like its going to need a lot of practice. Deffinetly not for anyone.
    Like...:
    -Pop a Power- "OH YEAH!!! IM INVINSIBLE!!! COME AT ME BRO!!!"
    -But then- "Whoops i miss my combo..." [crash death]
    • Like x 1
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I read it, that's why i said what I said lol. Depending on how it works people who don't manage power properly will be dead because they don't use their powers or just intend to turtle. Sure , they will be invincible for a short time but then they will panic if they mess up and cause stress on the healer. If they crash at the wrong time, not only willl they eat the held off damage but they may take a high power attack from a boss too.
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea but if the tank knows they are going to crash they can pop hard light shield to give the healer some time to heal. But they said there is a combo so they wont crash as well. Just takes practice Im sure. Sounds like a OP tank on pvp side but lets see how it works out.
    • Like x 1
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

OP for everyone that isn't a healer or doesn't carry a debuff. In group play no one targets the tank half the time anyway.

I just hope it has 2 cleanses.
  5. Flightboy New Player

I hear ya I really do, but I think we all have to crunch on it as they reveal more and more about it / throw it on the test server.
    • Like x 1
  6. Doc Holliday New Player

It sounds to me after running over the information that good tanks now will adapt fairly easily with the shield like ammonites and then after its on cool down, some self heal type powers however it does look a bit complex to get the timing down. Having said that, I think it will be a bit of Ice and Fire combined and looks like the best tank power to date. Time will tell yes, but this seems like the Quantum for the tanking class, good dps and great support role powers.

I think it will be a great tank class for the knowledgeable Im just afraid of all the FOTM's switching over and trying to tank Nexus.

Im excited and plan on either switching on my main or just creating a new alt for this power set.
    • Like x 2
  7. LIVETASER New Player

nerf or not, you will get destroyed without a tank in paradox and nexus. Please encourage more tanks not discourage them.
    • Like x 2
  8. SonOfKalel New Player

Don't worry I'm still tanking and if the power is good I'll stay rage if not back to Ice

SonOfKaleljr US PS3 Hero
    LEAGUE: Dirty Turbans
    ICE TANK
    health 8400plus
    Defense 7200plus
    Dom. 1644
    Cr 101
    SP 115
  9. SonOfKalel New Player

Totally destroyed no Tank LoL
  10. TheOtherWhiteMeat New Player

I'm not sure, but did tanks disappear? I'm pretty sure I've seen a bunch of them still around. They just don't talk in LFG or pug anymore cause of idiots. Just sayin.
    • Like x 1
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

Uh, yeah. Still here. And like you said, I just have LFG turned off. And I tend to not pug that much.
    • Like x 1
  12. Flightboy New Player

I couldn't agree with you more brother! Those are all my exact thoughts why my main is definitely changing. The tanking sounds pretty OP let alone the DPS side.
    • Like x 1
  13. Flightboy New Player

Very true unfortunately...
  14. cross out Well-Known Player

Don't see it happening no body wants to play a role everyone wants to be a dps.
    • Like x 1
  15. Flightboy New Player

You're incorrect I along with many others in this thread(who are tanks) said they may switch or make a new toon to try out rage tanking. Please read the thread before making an ignorant post. Thanks for adding your thoughts on what "everyone" wants to do o_O
    • Like x 1