Tank cleanses - Make tanks viable in PvP again

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Korrupt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Karasawa Loyal Player

No ones talking about nerfing trollers..
  2. Ninjaboy Level 30

#1. Nerf Serums - They toss a monkey wrench into a fairly balanced level of game-play. 2min CD.

#2. Trinkets - Do not allow them to be swapped out until the current trinket in the slot is off cooldown.Trinkets cannot be swapped out during Lair battles.

#3. Tanks - Provide better immunity to controller CC effects. You can spam Shatter Restraints, WW, Reflect, etc and still get juggled, feared, stunned, etc. by a controller way too often.
    • Like x 1
  3. Yallander Loyal Player

At this point I wouldn't mind if the devs just implemented the changes to graphics and powers and then make it known that they will do another update to address tank functionality (ie damage mitigation and shielding.) No sense in rushing something out especially when it would have such an important place in gameplay.
  4. Korrupt New Player

So? SOE, any response?
  5. Korrupt New Player

Just a reminder, SOE.

Tanks are useless PvP unless you are Earth.
    • Like x 1
  6. SlayingDaimon New Player

I don't expect much positive feedback on my viewpoints as a controller but I like the idea of making it so when a tank uses a cleanse they provide up to 3 allies in line of sight immunity and damage prevention equal to restoration + dominance for 5 or 6 seconds. Possibly add health, defense, or damage reduction if its a higher tiered power. The biggest issue is a lack of incentive to focus fire tanks and I believe this will be a good idea to raise their priority.

Gwalir11 and Coldhardpizza also had a great idea on making willpower a player stat equal to dominance. This still wouldn't address the facts that controllers can't control as well as they used to but it would make it so tanks would be harder to deal with if they wear appropriate gear and impossible for controllers wearing dps gear. Another popular idea from was debuffing vitalization but I would only like to see it lowered by 350 as that is the controller bonus which would basically force controllers wearing dps gear into playing as a dps to kick butt. .

If you look at the core strength damage buffs with confidence boost and might/precision on gear you'll see controllers get less damage than the rest. Also dominance increases tanks survivability passively and controllers don't get the same Controllers survivability depends on disrupting thier opponents and breakout/counters make that extremely difficult already. All roles are able to strip their counter roles shields with a power so shields are more or less fair. If you rank gear for damage and survivability (what I consider the most important part in PvP) you should see tank gear is not useless.

Damage boost
    Healers 170%
    DPS 170% - 160%
    Tanks 155%
    Controllers 145% or 146% with penetrating strike.

T4 Gear stats can be found here but this is the ranking on might/precision and factors which contribute to survival for all roles in my opinion.
    DPS (health and toughness)
    Tank (health, toughness, dominace, restoration, control resistance, damage prevention and heals, )
    Healer (health, toughness, restoration, heals)
    Controller (health and toughness)

The removal of breakout immunities at the least and putting debuff serum on a cool down in addition to the above would basically make it so both tanks and controllers could do their jobs again.
  7. BadHansel New Player

Make dominance in the game for PVP more important and you can make tanks in PVP more important.

E.g. Dominance make troller pushes the enemies more far away, others has to use more power to breakout from encasement if the troller has higher dom etc.
    And tanks could be like a defense for their members for all of this effects. The higher the amount of dom of the tank the less the effects for all members in a certain area of the tank and so on

so dom becomes also more important and there would be more types of loadouts and different skilling.

the examples above are only examples, maybe you have better ideas, but there have to be a greater importance for dom in PVP. So the tanks becomes more viable.
  8. Yallander Loyal Player

9. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Our place in PVP has been greatly minimized by this. Super cereal 5's don't even use tanks. Please at least double the immunity window provided by tanks.

Thanks,
    Vengeance
  10. Captain Liberty Developer

This is a case of your counter-class using debuff protection serums. These take three full exobytes to make. If someone is actually spamming them, then they’ve spent a fortune to do so. They are rarely used, at least globally. Perhaps you've run into someone or some few that've devoted their crafting resources to them over more popular options.

@Korrupt - what platform do you play on, and how often do you run into situations like these?
    • Like x 3
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I think you vastly underestimate what the top pvp members are willing to do to win

- general population you are right, but at the highest end you are expected to have these or your doing it wrong
    • Like x 9
  12. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

@Larry Libery (aka Lare Bear) Yes globally these aren't used a lot but the top leagues use them like water. You would be amazed.
    • Like x 6
  13. Gokaigerbay New Player

yea this lol.
    Maybe your not seeing them spam their regular debuff moves (which ends up costing them a fortune in power too, so it evens out)
  14. phen0mena Committed Player

I think you underestimate a lot of players with this statement.
    There are players with full banks full of exobit stacks.

On topic here though, a tanks main function now is not cleansing healers.
    It's spamming AoE's and removing everyone's PoT buffs.
    Fire is excellent at this.

I watch controllers squirm trying to recast constantly until they are out of power.
  15. Captain Just New Player

Whether the use of the serums is widespread or not, don't you think it's worthwhile to take a look at their cooldown time? Like it has been said before me, the top, competetive, pvp leagues use them VERY often.
    • Like x 1
  16. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

My testing I know its been like 2 months ago was that you only take the controllers pot away and you had to have target on them when casting the power. Not just hitting them with aoe while targeting say a healer, but I could be wrong.
  17. Spidersting Committed Player

I hope you realize that aoe powers won't or shouldn't strip the Power over time off the controller unless you have them targeted. If aoe is stripping power over time without the player being targeted then it is not working as intended.
    • Like x 3
  18. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

just a thought why not have tanks.... have a actual ability to cleanse (debuff) like example
    controllers have 3 abilities(attack,defense and healing debuff)
    i only troll and dps but now im using a earth tank now and i asked a few pple how i remove the troll pot/cleanse ....... and alot of players in game said just cast any move and it will cleanse debuffs ... if true personaLLY why not have a single cleanse and a group cleanse ... just add the description to the corresponding power ..... just a thought

or have the cleanse last longer with higher dom
  19. phen0mena Committed Player

Yes I realize this.

The AoE is more to make sure you get them, as often tanks are right in the middle.
    By using AoE powers with the troller targeted, you essentially make sure you strip the PoT off. They can't hide.
  20. Warlan New Player

You must not have been here when the Billionaire's spread their wealth across their 10 characters and the rest of their league before everyone was capped at 1billion. That's a lot of exobits. :)