Summer Kick-Off Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 22, 2014.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

A garbage sale thanks for nothing DEV's we want to buy more stuff than stupid bases that have been out for over a year. you didn't even take the time to make a few new ones before you threw this sorry sale to us BE Ashamed!!!! at this sad money grab with no effort on yalls part. we want a % off sale on most things so we can get power tokens and replays or what ever else we want to buy.. Weak sauce devs very weak
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

agree totally its not like they even put in the effort to even create some new ones that someone might actually want.
  3. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

Wait Drathmor now I might agree the deeds and lairs I had no use for but armory sale was useful and I bough me one for my main so I can have a pvp armory.
    I know a few people bought some for their alts to.

Sure would I have like to see that aura sale again since I missed out yeah. Heck even a legends or weapon pack sale sure.
    But it wasn't all bad
  4. army New Player

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mepps - how about bringing back the legendary membership discounts 29.95 for Three Months or something like this?
    How about DCUO PS Legendary Membership
    29.95 for auto renew 3 Months
    49.95 for auto renew 6 Months

Thanks
    • Like x 1
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I believe they should re-evaluate how they price their products. It may be helpful to stop believing the products of identical prices all have equal relative worth. A small DLC "Amazon Fury" vs a large one "War of the light Part I" are not equal in value. A Wonder Woman legends character vs "Amazon Fury" are not of equal in value. Changing your Power type vs Changing your name are not of equal value. I am setting a side personal emotive feelings that deal with using any of the DCUO items in the Marketplace (e.g. how you emotionally feel when you use Circe in a match).

Side note: the name changing issue has it own implications outside of the money factor. There should be another stipulation added for when you can change your name that does not pertain to the price. The trade off for abiding by the new condition is that price would be reduced.

To me the value of a DCUO product (from the marketplace) is when the product directly bleeds into other products of DCUO. When you buy "War of the Light Part I" you gain the Rage power. That power bleeds into other areas of play outside "War of the Light Part I". Rage being a power, you can have different variations of how you use " Rage" and the implications of those different powers (i.e your loadout).

Buying Wonder Woman only bleeds into legends PVP. Yes, you could state how legends may effect other areas of DCUO but I am speaking about direct effects that are usually shared by most (if not everyone). Such as using Rage in an Amazon Fury duo. You cannot bring Wonder Woman into the "Duos". Indirect effects would be how your combat skills improved by using Wonder Woman in legends.

It may be helpful if the developers reveal how they scale on how much value something has. I would recommend staying away from actual prices.

Perhaps people could then have a more organised discussion about prices and the developers could get feedback from it. May be even restrict it to "Well Known" members.

It seems the goals of what the developers are trying to accomplish in terms of pricing are not meshing well with expectations of the consumers in DCUO. Perhaps a more formal open discussion is needed to alleviate this.

Thanks
  6. efryed New Player

is this the reason my ps4 wont connect to the servers
  7. DrTruth1212 New Player

Finally someone is talking about not being able to connect. A day off of work, bought replay badges, only to get up this morning to get a jump on fury and sigh unable to connect. the best part is the support line isn't available for another 2.5 hours.
    • Like x 1
  8. efryed New Player

is there a update someone forgot to mention of a bug to anger the ps 4 players.If everyone that can't login post here i bet we get a response.
  9. Sanctus Knight New Player

Can't login in ps4 either. Guess that's not surprising considering I just bought my wife one last night. It's always something. Please fix this issue quickly .
  10. Hussler New Player

B.s. sale and I can't log on. B.s. on top of b.s.. damn
  11. godonfire Active Player

This is bs I can't log in on my ps4 I started thinking that buying a ps4 was a really bad idea.... I want free replay badged dcuo
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes armories are nice but if you already have all you need pointless I wasn't claiming that the sale is worthless for everyone but most of us want Replays, power tokens, styles any thing that can have a discount on them not just bases it was a cheep ploy by the devs because they want us to buy the things I listed at full price even tho lots of us have been waiting for a sale for them. so I refuse to buy them until there is a sale I don't replay much in game so mine tend to last me a long time but I like stocking up for when I do and we were denied that option for this small sale
  13. JoshuaBagwell Committed Player

frankly don't think they will every do a sale on power respec tokens or replay badges.
    Name, weapon, body, stance and yes movement when or if they make a new one.
    Sales on styles sure I think I would buy a few weapon styles if they where cheap
  14. lukelucky Devoted Player

anyone who knows me from here knows i am no fan of the guys in charge. however this time i am sorry to admit i must defend them. the %50 off sale comes later if it stays on par with previous sales. this is an additional sale for limited items. thats it. they increased the ammenaties per base. i think because of the better base use this sale is clutch. also anytime they put armories on sale is a win even if you do not need them. as far as making new bases it will be the same base with new skins and helper people. with such little amount of content do we really want them to put people on new bases instead of getting us new content? i do not.
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

i could be wrong but i am almost certain that the annual summertime sale of %50 off comes later in the summer. i think closer to july. we need to keep in mind that this is a seperate sale and yea we all want %50 off. your crazy if you think i am not wwaiting for one, but dcuo did us a solid on this one. bases use to hold 4 ammenaties and now will be up to 6 after the next update. next week likely. so since the bases was improved and they gave us a discont i for one am saying thanks to the dcuo team. yes that just felt odd to type lol
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the two extra amenity's slots have absolutely nothing to do with this sale that's a game update and have a base theme or not you can still put them down if you have them
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

i know bud but i personally would rather go to the watch tower to do things so i dont have to keep switching things in my base. when people heard there was extra items able to be placed that might might make them want to buy extra. this helps. its not what we want but that does not make it bad
  18. cravex15 Dedicated Player

19. Sorceress Katniss New Player

they have done sales on replay badges. but its for A- a short time and B- so far between sales
    • Like x 1
  20. Stamen Dedicated Player

I've probably spent 100's on power respec tokens over the last two years. Never really thought much about it until this year when my budget got a little bit tighter. But I did start thinking about this year, especially now that feat sharing is out.

First, I have to say that this is probably the only game that I ever played where an Alt was practically refused opportunity to experience the higher end content. Most other games I played had a "true end game," so once you reached a certain point, you weren't forced to do content, you could log them in relax, farm, pvp, or play with costumes. Here, it just never ends. To keep a main and just three alts up to date, you basically have to play all four toons an hour or more per day. That's not feasible.

I thought feat-sharing was going to make this easier -- and it has to some degree. I have four T6 capable toons. But my Alts are still weaker. I haven't done the gear grind on them and have been suiting them up in CR91 gear. Since you can't share gear, or sell gear, or farm gear outside of accumulating marks -- having the skill points for them is kind of moot. Unless you're willing to burn hundreds more replays resetting content.

The system is smart from a business perspective, at least in the short term. In the long term, it will bite them I think. I would still like to be able to use WM with Electricity, or Mental, or Gadgets, or Rage. But just to that, I am asked to spend $40. And if I don't like them much, it's more like $80 if you count the cost to go back to a power-set of choice. It's a bit over the top. Not ranting about it, just the way it is. Still, $80 is about what I pay for an annual sub, or almost what I paid for a collector's edition of the game...

...Or, at this is where it hurts them in the long run, ... $80 can buy me two brand new games. I won't lie and say that I haven't thought about it.

All this could be fixed if the developers would establish a real end game, rather than the constant gear progression which requires an insane amount of grind.

Just look at the FEVI drop rate -- I can't even max out my main.