Stem's Guide To Celestial Healing

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Stem, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Gokaigerbay New Player

Yea, I just mean Cursed Idol syncs well with it because it helps take down cplagued targets spreading the dots to others which does help McB, and the natural HoT of the cursed idol just synergies well.
    • Like x 2
  2. Curvy Scurvy New Player

I'd argue that Word of Power or Cursed Idol are far better choices than Life Drain, if only from the healer perspective. Having a clippable knockback that heals you and seven others while regenerating power for all is phenomenally useful if things go south. I've fallen back on it too many times, to great effect, to consider any other SC really. On the other hand, other than the fun looking Blessed SC's, I'd think Cursed Idol is a fantastic choice. 25% SC per cast, healing and damaging people with a handy Corpse Explosion, it's a solid addition to a healer's kit.

Is there a specific reason Life Drain is preferable? Is it simply a useful OH ****! button via it's stun?
  3. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I don't like life drain. It works better the more adds there are. So it sucks for boss fights.
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Anyone tested Sacrifice and the new agro powers?
  5. Black Stem Well-Known Player

This guide will be updated soon as they fix the group issues on PS4 with some gameplay of healing (videos)
    • Like x 2
  6. compasionate grenade Committed Player

How should I mod?

Right now my alt has full lv85 gear and I modded like this.

Red sockets-precision resto v experts
    Blue sockets-precision health v experts
    Yellow sockets-precision resto v experts

I was thinking since I had 3k base resto ill be ok. However reading on here about people having 4700k resto makes me unsure about how I modded . Im going for the battle build also. Any input would be helpful
  7. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Well It depends what you aim for. Do you want to use hybrid/battle builds or just be Strictly healer? If you want to take advantage of Remander's or JEEBIE's build I Would personally go Resto Health, Prec power, and Resto prec. WIth 3500 resto Solo healing Dox should be possible but will be a bit tougher especaially if you're not healing a fire Tank. Currently I un-socked my Healer mods but i will be re modding but I'll be going straight Resto. I'm hoping to do a video of Solo healing Dox without any mods BUT DC on PS4 is broken and i cannot see my group mates. In a sum up, Straight Resto for easy and Strictly healing And If you're Really experienced and would like to mess around with the other builds, mod as i previously stated; Resto Health, Prec Power (Or the other way around) and Resto Prec.
    • Like x 1
  8. Gokaigerbay New Player

Anyone know if when a target is purified, and heals when it atks, does it only heal the person it atks, or does it heal people around it, like a version of electricity's electify healing condition, only instead of a constant small hot, its a bigger one that only triggers when the target atks someone.
  9. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I've only noticed healing going to the the one person getting the attacks. Which makes it a decent tank heal. Not much but still something.
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

This has been my observation, as well. In my battle healer build, I try and change targets with RcW to spread the purification to targets surrounding the tank. Every little bit helps. ;)
  11. blklightning New Player

Yep. First room Nexus... RcW, tab, RcW, tab, RcW, tab... LOL
  12. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Sorry for the late reply but i wanted to out a video together, this is what i ended up with.
    • Like x 2
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Nice, Stem! At least with single targets, the tank appeared to have full aggro, even after you popped Sacrifice. You got a little heat when more adds were around. Seems like, at least for single targets, like boss fights, the new aggro moves make Sacrifice a much safer SC to use.
  14. Black Stem Well-Known Player

I agree, though I doubt any Tanks would use the new aggro moves Unless in the presence of another tank to "Share Aggro".
  15. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Well the aggro moves are ONLY single target. So I had my friend use a normal aggro move, and he grabbed a few adds and then i popped sacrifice. I then killed all but one add to Test "Stone" which is the Earth version of the "New" aggro moves, which is single target and i never stole aggro with sacrifice. Then again it's only 1 target i doubt i'd pop a super during a SINGLE boss rather than when adds pop up and tank is in trouble.
  16. blklightning New Player

Though this is very cool, aren't we robbing ourselves of the larger heal that goes out if we get KO by using Sacrifice. Aren't we crippling that particular SC? I haven't really used it, so don't know if the pre-KO effects are good enough to warrant avoiding KO.
  17. HLAssassin Well-Known Player

The pre-KO effects are on par at least with other standard healing SC's IIRC, plus it has a shield as well.
  18. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Since I am now able to see my team's health bar on the PS4. A Solo healing video is schedule to be uploaded by tomorrow to demonstrate the "Strictly Healer" loadout and eventually the other ones.
    • Like x 2
  19. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Just puting my two-cents in :)

I started with the healer loadout, then tried Remander's transitional build...and failed miserably. For some reason I just couldn't adjust to the new button placement....bleh. At some point (when we have armouries) I may give it another crack, but for now I'm sticking to admonish c blight, clipped with consume souls :D
  20. blklightning New Player

I've got a Razer Naga Epic gaming mouse and it helps considerably for certain parts of my loadout. All of my trinkets/consumables are activated from it rather than reaching to 7 and beyond on my keyboard.

How this applies to battle healing is that I've always placed my SCs at #6; but, I've never wanted to accidentally press 6 on my mouse when I might be going for a different number. So, I put programmed my mouse to actived 6 when I press side button 12. Because McB is so rhythmic, I place it in my SC slot and just hit that mouse button whenever it's off cooldown. The rest of the keys are easy for me to get from the keyboard and it runs really smoothly.

When back to regular healing, cuz the PUG life is officially back onto my last nerve. I kinda miss battle healing now. :p