Stem's Guide To Celestial Healing

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Stem, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Thanks for the suggestions! I will do, But i don't entirely know about dropping Consume Souls, that's my main HOT. Still i'll try it out too. Maybe this can help my problem, usually if i heal (Even SOLO heal) somehow the DPSes still manage to burn slow thus having a burning problem when leaving multiple subs up in Wave, So i end up DPS'n all the damn time to fix it lol.
  2. Black Stem Well-Known Player

WAITTTT... Before i do that, I would like to make sure it's cool with him to actually put his loadout up there. Ask him?
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

He's cool with it, but wnted the disclaimer that it's only recommended for experienced Celestial players. Not as much room for error compared with other loadouts. ;)
  4. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Okay I will add it, and you should take a look at what i just did. (Look at page one the guide)
  5. Black Stem Well-Known Player

The Guide has Officially been Updated with a better looking structure for easy reading, Along with some additional loadouts based off your play style.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

I like what you did, Stem. I would recommend presenting yours as a more "traditional healer" build, JEEBIE's as a "battle healer" build, and mine as a "transitional build." My build has the advantage of allowing a continuum of loadouts, so you can try battle healing and still be able to shift back to a more traditional loadout, as you're aclimating. If you become comfortable with it, you can drop out CS and CI in order to pick up the two crit chance Iconics and go all in. Did I mention I love this powerset? ;)
  7. Black Stem Well-Known Player

It's been updated. I don't like the "Traditional" term, seems to general and generic.
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I use AcB, DL, Renew, Blessing, McB, and CG or CI. Lately I've messed around with RcW instead of a SC.
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Just a fyi, I can't really take full credit for that loadout, It's been a collaboration of a couple of us on villain side. But yeah I'm enjoying it. Half the celestials in my league use it when healing, the other half only use it when healing with a second healer as they are more use to the strait up healing method and feel they can cover things better, which is true.

So it's not for everyone, even good players some just don't like it, but I personally love it because i have 0 downtime. i always hated Nature healing because there was just a decent amount of downtime where I don't need to be healing but I have nothing else to do but spam combos lol.
  10. Gokaigerbay New Player

McB, AcB, Renew, Blessing, Concreated Grounds, DL is what I been using to solo heal paradox since it came out.

Build also allows me to pick up all 4 Healing/DPS innates.
    Tried using consume souls many times but I end up taking it out quick because its just doesn't cut it, too little, too slow for the type of damage/atks that happen in Paradox, HoT isn't Celestial's strongpoint anyway, so no need to force it.
  11. Mick Nugget New Player

Nice guide. I see a lot of good builds but I don't see any rotations... I haven't had much luck with CS but then again, I don't know what order other healers are throwing it in first, last, or every 5 seconds...

Does anyone have a healer rotation they wouldn't mind sharing and maybe some of the timing and/or logic behind the order the order of execution?
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, I've run all three of the builds on page 1. They are really just variations on a theme. Here's my general approach.

Strictly Healer: AcB/CS to set up the HoTs, weapon combos until the 6 seconds are up, then reapply the HoTs. Sprinkle in Renew and Blessing, as needed. DL for emergencies. For me, the SC was Cursed Idol, so I would throw that in for an extra HoT quite frequently. Life Drain is also good, but can't be used as often.

Transitional: AcB/CS/McB, RcW spam (try and switch targets to spread the purification PI), reapplying AcB/CS either on time or delayed (if the damage-based heals are holding, which they very well may). If in melee range and I felt I could time it right, I would lead with McB, as you can get and extra damage-based heal from the cleansed Blight DoT. DL for emergencies, and CI for an additional HoT.

Battle Build: Basically, a mix of the other 2. AcB/McB, RcW spam (try and switch targets), reapplying AcB either on time or delayed. If in melee range, can lead with McB. Sprinkle in Renew and Blessing, as needed. DL for emergencies (acts as your SC in this loadout).
    • Like x 2
  13. Mick Nugget New Player

Wow, these are some good strategies :D thanks dude.
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Heals are needed whent hey are needed, if you expect to play this like a dps you're doing it wrong. Now you can have a general set or rotations, but they are similar to the dps ones if you play battle healer. Outside of doing that though you need to be flexible and not stick to a rotation, even doing that battle healer setup if you aren't ready to break your rotation at all times to heal if needed you're going to fail. The key to success in the battle healer setup is being able to not get stuck in that rotation, you're doing it, but it needs to be second nature to where you're really focusing on the healing when needed.

To keep HoTs up, I think it's safe to just admonish combo clip with CS every time you don't have the HoTs up and you need to heal.

So like no one taking damage, then an ae goes off, you hit admonish combo to blight, clip with CS, getting a burst heal + 2 HoTs. If you think you need to heal the tank more then forgo the combo of admonish and just clip admonish with renew and cast the HOTs next time around. If you need to double heal the group clip the admonish with DL. At least that's how I use them. I try to keep HoTs up by just casting even if not needed if I have the time and power, but more over I just use them if I'm using admonish and I don't have to do more burst than admonish is giving me.
    • Like x 2
  15. Xzotix Committed Player

What is the deal with Guardians Light, I don't see it mentioned much? I know it sllooowww but isn't that the purpose of Empowered Channeling mod?
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

The mod reduces the chance of being interrupted during the cast, but doesn't make it faster. That's the problem most have with it (and Invocation of Renewal, Ionic Drain, and Bloom). If you're okay with trying to predict damage spikes, rather than just reacting to them, it's good. Most healers nowadays are more reactive, outside of placing HoTs, though.
  17. Xzotix Committed Player

O.K., was just wondering. I don't use it for that reason also. Just wish it was more viable is some way. Seems to be the most useless power in the power set by far.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Some people swear by it. I'm just not one of them. ;)
  19. Cadens Dedicated Player

I have 4300 resto and I get doubled up in my regular paradox raid group by the nature healer. Basically, even if I spam powers, I will never do anything more than filling in burst heals. The HoTs just don't last long enough, or target enough group members to be effective. Keep in mind admonish/blight will only tick on 3 players (one always being you to make 4). That really isn't "good" for a raid situation, unless those 3 players are getting hit. Those 3 players may take 0 damage in those 6 seconds, so the heals were literally not used. Problem is, the tank generally doesn't have the lowest health in the group so he will NEVER get this HoT. The only HoT that "will" hit the tank is consume soul, which is not by any stretch a great heal. It will only supplement a bigger heal like renew, DL, or admonish (which is not all that powerful either).

I would like to see combo heals target 8 players instead of 4. They are harder to use than a normal base heal, and run the risk of being interrupted. Its ridiculous that combo heals underperform to powers like savage growth which is completely spammable.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

I'd be totally on board with the combo heals hitting more people. That said, I don't have much of a problem with healing relative to other powersets, even Nature. Nature will always be king, though.