Stem's Guide To Celestial Healing

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Black Stem, Sep 7, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

If that nature healer is really that good that he's beating you to every heal needed, then sounds like a good time to give hybrid healing a try :)

Personally I've never been doubled in healing. I just do admonish when heals are needed. sometimes that's enough. Sometimes I need a little extra but no rush, I combo the HoT. sometimes I need to get extra healing on tank, I clip the admonish with renew. When the group needs fast healing Admonish/DL. It all works extremely well IMO.

If your tank isn't regularly lowest health then your group is finding too many ways to kill themselves. Pillars and Lasers are the only things that should be hitting your group. Of course sometimes an add gets through, or the tank aims the blockbreakers the wrong way, but those are things that a good tank can make not happen.

I'm simply not seeing the same problems you are.

I do totally agree about combo heals. cDL, cAdmonish, cRenew, cCS could all use a boost. Simply very little reason to use them. cBlight from admonish is about the only pure healing combo that I like. McB of course if extremely good. But other than those two there's really no combos that help healing.
    • Like x 2
  2. blklightning New Player

I wouldn't call it useless... just hard to pull off well. It's one of the single most powerful heals in the game. Naturally, there's a price for that.
  3. Mick Nugget New Player

I think im healing the same way you are except for the Admonish/cBlight > ConsumeSouls; I guess I better switch that up I was doing consumed souls first before admonish but now that you explain it that way I think the reason is so that I get the quick burst heal before adding the two hots which Is important. Thanks for that Ill defo be using it :) I don't see anything about M/cB in here.. You don't recommend healing with it?
  4. Black Stem Well-Known Player

For the "Strictly Healer" guide i did not put it up there, instead i have Life Drain in case power is bad, but it is very rare that you "NEED" a SC unless power is bad of course, So if power is great go ahead and but Malediction/Benediction in place of Life Drain or your SC of choice.!
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

My take on using McB to heal, is do it if you don't need this guide to tell you to do it :D.

It's just simply not something for people who aren't really comfortable with knowing how it works. You have to know what kind of heals it's going to give and when so you know what else you have to do.

And the alternative to using it is still AWESOME, perhaps even better as it's more predictable.

McB is for when you want to get tricky. You know you can throw some dps out and you know doing dps will increase your healing. And you know it comes out every 2s so if it goes off and then a big attack comes you know to burst heal instead of continuing to dps and rely on McB.

It's definetly the most powerful ability we have. BUT it has many drawbacks. Inturrupted malediction, it doesn't get set up and have to wait 12s. Getting stunned and not doing damage, it's not healing. Having to run around or basically any other reason you aren't doing damage, and you're not getting heals.

In the hands of someone who's mastered it, it definitely seems OP. BUT it has so many drawbacks and when you do mess up, it's worthless. So that's why I'm always wary on telling people to use it. If you do it wrong or mess up you get nothing and have to be ready to use everything else.

As for CS/Admonish, I do the admonish first cause I usually combo it and usually anytime I heal it's cause someone just got hurt badly enough that the hots won't take him up. So a burst heal is called for. Then I continue the combo usually, and then while I can't clip CS with admonish I can clip the blight part of the admonish combo with CS. So it's overall less time.
    • Like x 3
  6. Mick Nugget New Player

Jeebie, that was such a great answer I just had to sincerely congratulate u on it :). You definitely have a solid understanding of the power and its potential... ive been sort of fixated on the potential of McB since it came out and I recognize the potential it has but am also keenly aware of the drawbacks you pointed out so accurately. yesssssssss its a conundrum:D Hey thanks tho for verifying my take on the subject, ive been careful not to try "messing around" in important alerts or when I don't know the people im running with but I defo have a blast McB'ing with the best of em when I go in with a solid team. Thanks dude.
  7. Mick Nugget New Player

Thanks dude, awesome guide btw!
  8. Mick Nugget New Player

Also, before I go, I should add my own (new) rotation to the mix here, thanks to the advice ive gotten from this thread:

Admonish/cBlight > CS > Malediction/cBenediction > Retribution/cWither, then "sprinkles" of appropriate healing including Renew, Divine Light, another clipped R/cW, whatever is necessary/apropriate and repeating the cycle to keep McB and the other HOTs up as much as possible.
  9. Black Stem Well-Known Player

If you are referring to the other loadouts, that would seem right In terms of getting all your HOTs out. I would recommend using McB first though because during that time no one is really taking damage and by then someone will need heals, so you can do Admonish/Blight which will burst heal up to 3 people that might have needed a heal and clip Blight with CS for a the full HOT. Also your tank is a bit inexperienced or he gets hit hard you can clip CS by using Renew to get that tank a fast heal. During your "Down Time" where no one is taking alot of damage you can have fun with Retribution/Wither, to activate with your McB and for it's own heals! Form there, It's basically using Renew and Admonish for the burst heals then, perhaps a Divine light if you need to heal BIG.

NOTE: Keeping up your HOTs all the time can be exhausting to trolls so try to keep it up for MOST of the time but don't go killing the trolls xD

And thank you for your positive feedback! Also credit is given to Remander and JEEBIE for their build!
    • Like x 2
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, when it's safe to do so, I lead with McB. If there are adds around, cleansed Blight will set a DoT on them that will also heal through McB.
  11. DaClaus New Player

which white mods ( from the base) should i use as celestial healer?
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Depends on what kind of loadout you run. As a damage healer, I run with Core Strength, Regenerative Shielding, Violent Breakout, Explosive Block, and Fortified Blocking. If you use Guardian's Light, Empowered Channeling would be better. More traditional healer loadout may be better with Increased power pool or supercharge.
  13. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I've found that I'm having no power troubles in a group with a controller...not sure if it's because my ex-main is a controller, but I tend to put the HOTs up, then weapon combo away until I need to heal etc.

In groups with no controller, or raid groups where I'm the only healer, I do notice a bit more of an issue...but frequent use of sodas solves that particular problem :)

And kudos for the guide...I'm currently using the pure healer build - but that's because I've been controlling for a year, so even though I have an electric healer at T5 level, I'm still learning.
  14. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Usually i get asked to DPS, so when i heal it's usually Solo healing w/ pugs....so Power is not always good. Also it would be recommended to use the Pure healer build until you're more comfortable with Celestial, then you get to have tons of fun with Hybrid builds etc.
    I appreciate the positive feed back. (Y)
  15. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

One thing I will mention for new healers - keep an eye on your own health as well....the number of times I've died, or almost died, because I'm watching my team-mates who don't need healing :oops:
  16. Gokaigerbay New Player

Any idea what the base healing for the healing portion of cursed idol is?

Anyway, as far as male//bene goes for healing, its one of the things I swear by lol. Its probably my favorite move next to divine light.

By the end of solo healing paradox, my damage number ends up being 70% of my total healing, which imo is a pretty crazy ratio.
    In Nexus, when there's two healers and I don't have to devote too much time throwing out 'empty' heals like divine light or renew to fill a gap, I find my damage number being 90-95% ratio of my healing number and about even with the other healer.

My loadout right now is:
    Male/Bene, Admonish/Blight, Renew, Blessing, Cursed Idol, Divine Light/Plague
    Allows all 4 innates for the DPS/Healing ones.

The DoT from cleansed plague fits in nicely with the duration of cbene. And the spread of the DoT to other mobs during adds really give it a boost especially when I combine it with cursed idol, it just stacks up really nicely.
  17. SnipesSaint New Player

I was wondering what are some of our heals that can heal the first stage of dr fate in wws?
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

The ones in the tool tips that say heals allies. Non SC, I believe the only ones are Consume Soul and Divine Light, and possibly Guardian's Light (I never use it, so not sure).
  19. Black Stem Well-Known Player

Like Remander said, If you're a T4 Person I would personally just use Consume Souls and Divine Light to heal but if you're T5 and healing a squishy T4, you can put on Guardian's Light for "Lazy Healing" and that will/or should heal NPCs like Dr.Fate.
  20. blklightning New Player

Isn't Cursed Idol might ticks only? Those should not have any benefit to heals from McB, which are based on prec damage.
    • Like x 1