Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I think Penryn did all the cooldowns/power costs for Ice and Mental, so they probably just need compiled.
    • Like x 1
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Yeah, I am not sure what they are doing. If they want to have a tiered system....make it a tiered system. All powers on t1 do X damage, cost X power, and have an X sec. cooldown. Seems simple. If that is not what they are doing then why have it set up as it is now?

It would make all the powers EXCEPTIONALLY EASY to balance. Which seems again to be what they are going for. All powers set up about the same, all capable of doing about the same damage. That is why we have one of each type on the test...so when they are correct they can copy paste in the rest. That is my understanding of it anyway.
    • Like x 1
  3. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Can anyone please confirm if WIRED ticks the whole 12 second cooldown?
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Just a little feedback regarding electric healing.

Cooldowns for arc lightning and electroburst need to be reduced, same with cooldown for bio capacitor. It was fun healing, but it felt like I was spending too much time waiting on heals to come off cooldown.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Buff lasts 6 seconds, Cooldown is 12 seconds
  6. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Thanks Trexlight, much appreciated....I follow your vids for electric info also....but DEVs really this 6 second tick needs to tick the whole 12 second....I think the majority would agree on this....
    • Like x 1
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

I concur. The buff really needs to last longer than it does. in my testing I was able to pull off (barely) 2 HB-Arrow Fling WM combos.
    • Like x 1
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Sooo playing on the test server... i just disagree wholeheartedly with the new direction of electricity.. ive been electric for 3 and half years as well as waiting for the proper update for electricity for 2 and a half years. I loved ELECTRIC being a DOT based power and now its full DOT powers is gone. the power cost(DOTs powers) are way too high.. DOT loadouts is non existent.. WIRED doesnt buff might anymore... Electric has become a new burst type of power(as if we dont already have 12 other burst powers in the game) my fav power is gone to waste.. It seems the developers have become stumped on how to handle DOT vs Burst, so to deal with the issue of DOT vs Burst, they take it away and make electric more Burst style Dps... im just saddened and heartbroken.. Please do not keep these changes
    • Like x 3
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

Oh, I don't know. Certainly there are less dots than before, but I quite like the new Electrostatic Bomb as a high-power/short-duration dot. That plus Electrocute, Electrogenesis, and Tesla Ball and there are still plenty of dots to go around. There's even a couple strong burst damage abilities to go along with the dots as well.
    • Like x 1
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Bring back the pi with bio capacitor and bio surge. Please and thank you.

Not sure why you even removed it. It was the staple of electricity healing. Now it feels like garbage with all the high cool downs and no reliable heals.
    • Like x 3
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

For their length, they should cost 150 power. If it lasted longer or gave PI, I could get behind the current power cost.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electrogenesis is weak. I haven't ran the numbers on it vs Psychic Prison but Mental is the new DoT class now.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Looks like dominance affects healing. Saw much bigger crits and even the regular heals.
    Weird dom related healing on Galvanize and Electroburst.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So spec Dom/power because it will help shields more too? Got it. #statsmatter
  15. Ringz Dedicated Player

What the...? Might as well add precision to that list.. We definitely gonna make skill points matter
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Resto dom and power seems to be the pure spec now.
    Stronger shields and critical healing. Dom always had a weird effect on crits anyway... seen it first hand with crits from McB HeartOfSky and Remander had pointed it out as well in the past. Guess it never changed.

Fatal tested out my spec and did fairly well. No one dropped much in health and he even said the crits were much higher than a normal resto spec.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

LMAO ikr!
    The good news is that you get a huge boost with 1 skill point in each tree.
    And yes. Dom is actually good for healers now. I'm not sure how to feel about that lol.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Wasn't there a change shortly after the fire revamp (2012/13 pre AM) that had dom affect heals across the board? Just not significant enough for healers to want to spec for it. Maybe now they made it more "for everyone".
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

so mod for resto/power but invest SP in Dom? I don't feel good about it either.
  20. Ringz Dedicated Player

Im curious. The vibe im getting from your initial post, it seems you stumbled upon this finding. Is there somewhere posted from the devs that said dom will factor more into healing or have you found this on your own discovery?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.