Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So I did some comparison tests on Rave in GW, mainly because you can predict her add phase. These were applications of a single DoT and the results confirm my fears. Mass Terror and Pyro (both PI applicators) are really good DoTs with Mental and average about the same, even getting a bit of the overlapping PI from Pyrokinesis. You only get that strength of DoT with Electrocute if there is a PI present. Now here's where it makes me mad. Psychic Prison is another consistent DoT and ticks the entire cooldown. It does approximately 50% more damage than a single DoT of Electrogenesis. This is worrisome because they both have the same power cost. I get that Psychic Prison may be considered a melee ability but dang it, Electricity doesn't have too many melee abilities and what's there isn't too spectacular. (My numbers tell me Attract as a full range ability is stronger than Electroburst). Electricity is way underpowered. When you have other powers doing more damage more quickly, then that's where power imbalance lies. Take for example Frost Blast. Sometimes I could see a hit of 25K on that in 3 seconds. Same power cost and cooldown as ESB and but either the base damage is lower or Frost Blast has a higher crit chance. This isn't a post to nerf those other powers, but it's to bring Electricity in line with them.

What I want to see: higher damage from Electroburst and Electrogenesis. 6 ticks from Tesla Ball. A rework of Overcharge because right now it's really difficult to incorporate into game play. A higher initial tick on ESB. A wider cone on Shockwave. And then all weapon buffs need extended to a full 12 seconds because I don't use them in any loadout for any power and won't at the power cost they are at.
    • Like x 5
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

I don't think that's anything new though right? On Live, 4 points of Dominance already = 1% increase in base healing.
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Right but it doesn't seem that way this time around. On live it wouldn't be such a dramatic change.
    I encourage you to try it as well and see what you get from it.
    I put around 30 points in dom 70 in resto and 70 in power.
    Dom/Power in blues, dom/prec in reds, dom and resto generator mods.
    It seems more like 1 dom equals 1 resto now.
    I will run a pure dom spec and a pure resto spec as well but I thought I'd share with y'all :)
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yes but it wasn't necessary. It just seems dominance has more effect to add now than before. It affects shield strength now and I was aware that 4 dom equals 1% base healing increase.
    It just doesn't really seem that's the case now at all.

It was more of... I want to see if dominance is worth speccing.. seems it is. Of course I will run tests against a pure dom and pure resto spec, but it definitely seems like its much more valuable on test than live right now
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

I was going to make a post but you pretty much said everything. The Psychic Prison vs Electrogenesis really irked me because it was way way better. Higher and faster damage but with the same power cost.
    • Like x 2
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

What I'm saying though is that 1 Dom already = 1 Resto on Live. The only reason why healers don't spec dominance instead of resto currently is because you get more resto per SP/mod. Extra SP should be spent in dominance though.
    • Like x 1
  7. Moja Developer

Thanks for the feedback. Dominance is currently contributing more to healing (not shields) than it should be. It will still contribute to healing, just like on live, but Restoration remains the primary stat for (non-shield) healing.
    • Like x 2
  8. spord Developer

Thanks for notifying us. Psychic Prison is doing damage as if it cost 500 power. Remember that there are more factors to the damage balance of abilities than power cost. Electrostatic Bomb does not have a 3 second cast time or vulnerability like Frost Blast and therefore you could be attacking again sooner.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Thank you for the response. I understand there are many factors to the balancing of abilities. I understand that power cost is the primary factor and I can understand a rule being made with a cast time ability like Frost Blast considering it is interruptible even with the Empowered Channeling mod (tested). I guess the third part of the equation is how does damage differ between melee and range? That was one of the things that I thought was going to be addressed in the rebalance of powers along with the removal of any mid-range power. Electricity is still sitting with two: Static Push and Spark Barrage. Going back to Electroburst,

Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

You stated that you had reduced the power cost but forgot to reduce the cooldown. I assume this means you also reduced the damage. If so, then there is no need to risk using Electroburst if it's not going to hit reasonably hard. It is the only true Melee ability Electricity has. If I am missing something, please let me know.
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Oh yes of course. But the thing is the crits. It's really really making a huge difference.
    Even more so than a pure resto spec o_O
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Electrics dots need to just be brought back, thats what made the power unique from many others and dot stacking adds a different playstyle then most other powers. I like how they brought back more of the old school mental dot playstyle but at the same time its sad what they did to elec especially when there was no reason to ruin one of the best looking and fun powers in the game.

Bring back the dots!!!
    • Like x 4
  12. krytine Loyal Player

Electric was a compound power that each power used made the next stronger in its original form so it sh9uld be brought back tona version of that.
    Example overcharge used then tesla blast with e burst or e gen and electrocute then a massive explosion from overcharge
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Cool. I do want to ask if it can be a little stronger than live..
    I enjoyed actually using a dom and resto spec lol. Was just initially taken back a bit cause it was borderline useless on live for healing with the exception of celestial's damage healing mechanism in McB and BcM. Was fun to have a difference on test :)
    The bad part is that shielding is a bit underwhelming even with a dom heavy spec in healer role.
    Edit: make that all roles. Controller shields and Tank shields are experiencing underwhelming shielding strength even with high dom and resto.

Anyway thanks for looking into this Moja. I appreciate it!
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

Having played old school Electric DPS extensively, I prefer this version of the power the most. Electric had the best AoE dots bar none but it literally had zero burst. Shockwave got buffed eventually which helped, but in general the AM era didn't fix Electricity's weakness; it just emphasized more dots.

Dots are awesome at the beginning of a content cycle when it takes a while to burn adds and bosses, but it becomes useless when everyone is geared and your dots don't have the time to do all their damage. This has always been an issue with this game.

Right now I feel there's a good balance between dots and burst. Electrogenesis and Electrocute were always amazing and they play virtually the same now as they always have. Tesla Ball and Electrostatic Bomb strike a middle ground between dot and burst by going with only 3 large dot ticks. Voltaic Bolt, Shockwave, and Attract now provide burst with one being high power/long cooldown and the others being spammy. DPS-wise I think the power feels more balanced than it used to.
  15. spord Developer

Midrange abilities aren't being removed. With the removal of AMs there are no 4x damage increases to certain abilities which is what created an issue with some powersets not having a midrange attack. In the stats revamp Spark Barrage and Static Push have a larger angle on their cones compared to full range cones like Attract. Basically, long cones are skinny and midrange cones are wider. And yes Electroburst is considered a melee power and because of that gets an increase in damage/healing output.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I follow what you are saying, but for your consideration: I went to Raven in GW and tested 20 hits of Eburst and 20 hits of Repulse (I can only get 10 in before adds spawn). I had 1 Eburst that was low as Raven blocked when I cast the power. But overall, Repulse does more damage that Electroburst. I can provide the combat log to you.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Here's my last bit of feedback.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with Celestial Powers on some things
    For Bio Capacitor and Bio Electric Surge, restore the Bio Charge Interaction. That is what made Bio Electric Surge very power efficient. Right now, you have made the healing power efficiency rate of Bio Electric Surge 5.67 healing per point of power spent, which is kind of ridiculous.
    You can keep the strength of the Safety Net on Bio Capacitor as that's all it needed as well as the range increase.
    Increase the power cost of Bio Electric Surge and reduce the cooldowns significantly. 8-12 seconds I can understand but not 18 seconds on a key heal like Bio Cap. Even the priority heal.. I understand you reduced the heal because of range but you can still at least make the Bio Charge interaction redeem that if you add it back.

Arc Lightning is wayyyy to unpredictable.
    Just make Arc Lightning like Admonish in Celestial.
    Problem solved with that power.

Electroburst just needs some range adjustments. I'd suggest a 13m range just like Wrath of the Presence in Celestial.

Please add some variety as well.

Tesla Ball and Electrocute would be nice candidates for becoming hots at a base heal of 12-24.

Please please please buff Electrogenesis as well. This heal is weak. At least make it an ally heal if you keep this heal like it is.
    • Like x 1
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Thank you guys for Supporting electricity and campaigning to keep it Mainly as a DOT based power.. I liked how electricity was already. The only thing it needed was a BUFF, and some tweaks/buffs to the other burst powers/SC.. all this overhaul is UNNECESSARY.. Electric is the only powers i care for and my only hope to continue this game.. Without it my, 4 year streak of legendary will end i dont care for other powers. MAKE ELECTRIC DOTS GREAT AGAIN!! please listen to us devs.. :(
    • Like x 1
  19. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Everyone asking for Dots back on Electric...it is probs not going to happen. We have one of each role on the test server so they can focus fire on them to get them just right. When they are right it will probably be more or less copy paste into the powers. Sure there will be slight differences (i hope) but I seriously doubt there will be a Dot class like there was before. There are ups and downs to that. With the powers being so similar they SHOULD be easier to balance and keep balanced, but on the down side they will lose some flavor. I was all for keeping the AM but losing the extra damage (which is what the Devs said was going to happen) but honestly, I would rather have all powers be on the same footing with none being 2 to 10 times worse than others and an endless cycle of balancing then have Dots on Electric.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

playing as a DoT class will be situational as Tesla Ball only ticks 3 Times on a single target. It is much more useful on larger group so probably only for raids. Electrogenesis is ok but not great.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.