Stats Revamp: Electricity 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

It is too early to talk about it right now as we are still going over the feedback. However more feedback based on running the endgame raids with one healer vs. two healers is welcome.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

is it possible to update the mod vendor with base mods in the 8.3 range. So we can get more options of testing power. Also to include head and back mods that drop from TCs. To test cooldowns and if anything is helpful. It's very difficult to represent live, since 170 sp is probably closer to an average player's numbers.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I have base healing values for Electricity done

Electroburst: 50-62
    Galvanize: 35-46
    Bio Capacitor: 86-126 (safety nets) 68-83 on initial burst heal.
    Bio Electric Surge: 48-59
    Electrogenesis: 9-12 (yikes)
    Electrified PI: 1-3
    Invigorate: 52-66 (kinda disappointing)

Hopefully that helps y'all out.
    Power costs, I'd love to see posted. That'll give you some more insight.
    Cooldowns.. I'll leave that to someone else. I got to practice for my oboe performance audition
    • Like x 6
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

My first go playing from the tray. SC regen is good, though I try not to rely on the SC.

My 2nd time around, Iceberg Lounge again. Using Spark Barrage instead of Repulse. I don't know which loadout has the better feel. Power seems to be more of an issue with this loadout. Despite modding for power, weapon attacks still seem really strong. Overall damage doesn't seem to be an issue.

Pardon my breathing, didn't realize my mic was on!
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I just tried a tray loadout in UT with a troll, despite a 32k bar, my power just drained and the troll struggled to keep me up. It's funny because I ran the science spire solo and playing from the tray was actually feasible and yielded great burn. Unfortunately I don't see it being very applicable with 4 and 8 man content where enemies live much longer.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Blue baubles my friend. They give us power in the solos and duos, but that doesn't exist in alerts. Also, Iceberg Lounge is probably the easiest of the T8 content on test. I had to switch to weapon/clip loadout to run Wayne Manor because I could not do enough damage on Zatanna. And we wiped a couple of times.

The polarization loadout doesn't feel very fluid. The dovetail on Spark Barrage can be odd.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I used static push, spark barrage, shock wave, attract, elelctogenesis, and circuit breaker. It's probably not the best loadout but it seemed to get the job done. Both megavolt and circuit breaker need a buff too. For a SC, megavolt doesn't feel worth the effort of trying to build your bar up. Voltaic bolt feels like it hits harder.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Tool tip says Repulse does not give PI but benefits from it. Making SP the only polarized applicator since that function was taken from Circuit Breaker.

MegaVolt is essentially another DoT and it appears to be a stationary AOE which can be useless on bosses that move around. I think that is why I had such a tough time in Wayne Manor duo. I thought it used to have a bigger hit in the beginning and then did. 5 ticks. I need someone with an Electricity toon on Live to confirm that though.

One consistency I want to point out that I didn't show in my videos is that despite modding for might and power, my Precious stat is about 1000 more than my Might stat. That doesn't seem quite right conceptually.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Some other observations. Static Push damage is really low. I mean, really low. I understand the concept of making it low because of the SC regen, but I swear that my SC will generate almost as fast with weapon attacks. I think it needs a buff as well.

And we really do need an explanation of why it is not full range.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

Attract is also a pi applicator for polarization.

I used it in a UT run with a healer, troller, and another dps.

Attract is a dovetail pi applier, but with no tank it sometimes pull the enemies toward you abit even when i clearly saw the troller stun the adds.

That leaves just 2 appliers, and from what i can tell, the enemies that are polarised last up almost the entire duration of static push. Attract is short CD and more reliable for that pi applier
  11. spord Developer

We going to be swapping the Polarize power interaction functionality for Attract and Repulse soon. Repulse will apply it (once again) and Attract will deal extra damage. That way it won't be necessary to pull enemies for the setup.

Also Moja noticed I had reduced the damage and healing of Electroburst for v1.1 because the cooldown was supposed to go down from 6 seconds to 3 seconds but I missed getting the actual cooldown changed. That fix should be in soon as well.
    • Like x 2
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Is it possible to extend the range of Electroburst at least to 13m?
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

So regardless of this fix are you not taking into account the feedback specifically I've mentioned in this thread in regards to healing?

Changing this ability won't fix the main issues that I've posted again and again on both V1 and V1.1.

Why does it feel like any change that will happen will be a slight adjustment of what we didn't ask for in the first place?
    • Like x 2
  14. supalova20 Well-Known Player

wait please say if your doing that that REPULSE will be AOE polarized applier like ATTRACT and not single target....it wouldn't make since....ATTRACT is a great AOE polarized applied if you dont want static push....please explain why?
  15. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Based off today's Power Cost post I did some testing.

Power: 25796
    Might: 9125
    Precision: 9986
    CR: 173

Used Synth 6 mods in my gear, Might for the red slots, Power for the yellow, Health for the blue.
    Generator had 4 power 6.2 mods in it.
    Using staff with full weapon mastery.
    20 points in Crit Chance, Crit Damage and Might. 78 points in power.

Even before I started testing I saw an immediate issue with Electricity, it's low cost powers are weak from a dps standpoint. Two support powers, a single target PI setup and a limited range cone AoE. The only one worth anything is Shockwave.

I tried several loadouts, using both Polarized and Electrified builds eventually settling on Arc Lightning, Tesla Ball, Voltaic Bolt, Electrostatic Bomb, Electrogenesis and Megavolt. This build allowed a good mix of mid to high power cost powers that provided a fair amount of damage with a strong emphasis on control effects for solo/duo content.

The Polarized powers in general felt incredibly weak compared to the Electrified ones and lacked a lot of the control effects that makes solo/duo content easier. The only thing that makes a polarized build worth even a bit of consideration is the supercharge regen being tied to Static Push. Out of all the Polarized powers, only Electrostatic Bomb was something I felt was a must have due to it's grouping abilities in solo/duo content. In a raid situation I'd swap in something like Electrocute.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

ok, I missed that the PI went from Repulse to Attract. I really need to calculate some power costs.
  17. Ringz Dedicated Player

It was bound to be noticed. A friend of mines thought if it was intentional to have electrify pi have a single pi and "hit all" pi applier(tesla blast and arc lightning), while polarized had a cone applier and shotgun spread applier(attract and static push).

Though that could've just been us overthinking it.

So long as the pi from static push is long enough till the next use of static push, im ok with it. In a scenario, of going a polarized loadout, if coming upon a group of adds, using static push, but the pi only last as long as half of the actual CD, that would be pretty bad and the polarized route will certainly be overlook once again. It prob is now, but I just wanted to make clear for the final build put on test, that the pi from Static Push last almost as long as the ability itself.

Also will attract hit all with additional damage in its cone while the enemy is polarized? Split or not? I asked because, repulse being a full range move and also hits enemies near them, was something definitely loadout worthy because its a reliable hit from a safe distance for range loadout/boss fight. Attract, though being a cone applier, if it really does pull the cc from trolls, and the tradeoff being what you said. Its a thought to think upon.

Thanks for letting us know about the electroburst situation.
    • Like x 1
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

PLEASE PLEASE change ELECTROCUTE TO heals over time with might DOTS as well!...
    We've all been asking for it... You guys already have it for black adam so we know it can be done.. I BEG YOU.. MAKE ELECTRIC GREAT AGAIN!!
    • Like x 1
  19. krytine Loyal Player

Personally i like electrocute to be the full dps and then make tesla ball do both a weaker attack over all or vise versa
    • Like x 1
  20. Hale Well-Known Player

My God electric looks awful what have they done :(
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.