Stats Revamp 1.7 - Rage

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

True. Survival in bad condition. Devs marked Rage as melee based power, but nerfed all defensive abilities. Yes, Rage has good melee damage, but dead don't do damage. The same goes for the tank side, currently Rage tank feels weaker than other tanks. I have already mentioned 4 sec vulnerability window it is too long compared to 75% absorbing damage. Also Remorseless Recovery in current stance must have 10 healing tick or must again healing stronger.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rasolo New Player

Rage DPS feels pretty solid at the moment aside from the solo power drain and survivability nerf. My main issue is how healing is currently treated in DPS stance. If 100% was too powerful then I propose a compromise.

Remorseless Recovery should be restored to it's live state, based on damage dealt and not capped to Resto+Dom. At least then we can have the option to use both Severe Punishment and RR to increase survivability at the cost of more power, right now with current values even investing SP and mods in Resto or dom the ticks are only like 1-2k making it not worth using.

Also i'm wondering if the animation for Frenetic Bombardment is just a placeholder or if that's what we're getting. It feels awkward to use and doesn't really transition well with Dreadful Blast. I find it more comfortable to do DB 3x> FB 1x > Rage Blast. Even though RB is single target this feels a lot less clunky and looks a lot cooler than the handblast spam imo.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rasolo New Player

Forgot to mention there is a typo for frenetic bombardment, its correct in the description not the power itself
  4. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Completely irrelevant, but has anyone here mixed berserk and mangle SC together?
  5. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

You will produce a lot of damage, but you lose full SC bar.
    [IMG]
    Stat info: 201cr. 60sp crit. bonuses \ 120sp might+power
    Mods: spec forces might & power x8 \ might & health x2 \ spec forces might x4 (generator) \ Core str(chest) \ Max dmg(hands)
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

So what about Channeled Hate turning into a single target taunt and Rage Blast into a regular dps AoE utilizing Plasma burn PI?

We get a reason to use Channeled Hate and a missing key power for hybrid dpsing.
  7. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

With adding Frenetic Bombardment we has enough AoE abilities. Also need to mention, Channeled Hate now much better than it was in previuos builds. And it is not pull, so literally you asking for new ability...
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Yeah, Channeled Hate got improved to be mobile but there is still no reason/benefit to use it over other abilities.
    Moving single target taunt to it would make it useful for tanks at least. Most single target taunts are a ray or blast type abilities with the exception of Mesmerizing Lasso, idk why you think something should be a pull to taunt.

And for the record, Rage still doesnt have regular spammable 100 power cost ability for hybrid play.
  9. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Yeah, interruptible taunt it is good idea. (No)

Actually Rage have Frenetic Bombardment and Revenge. Hybrid play style does not mean you can't use combo. And you don't need spammable ability because you can freely using your weapon for power regen and damage between abilities. Low cost spammable abilities needed only for PftT play style.
  10. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Taunt kicks in upon cast/tagging the target, so after the initial hit you can just cancel or continue the channel.

Quick spammable abilities were designed for quickly clipping and getting out of long weapon combo animations. They were intended for Hybrid play style not PftT.
  11. L T Devoted Player

In my testing I didn't find any ability in Rage to be overly weak nor any that were OP. Seemed to be in a good place.

Rage's healing in both DPS and Tank stance seems too weak. If healing is left the way it is, I would suggest that consequences of Rage Crash be reduced. Which would be a shame because limitless-heals-until-I-crash-then-I-die-die-die makes Rage truly unique on live.

For testing, I had to switch from hand blasters to brawling, to make sure I was seeing the correct attacks! On the other hand it's a relatively minor issue. For the power to work, you need to have some kind of very fast ranged animation and switching to something like martial arts' shuriken would just be moving the problem, not fixing it. (on the other hand, I'd really like to see rage toons throwing blade constructs...)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.