Stats Revamp 1.7 - Rage

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck X Active Player

Frenetic bombardment needs a better animation.
  2. Cyro Committed Player

So i was just on test doing raids with fatal and he happened to record one. Its from his perspective so at times its hard to see me but you can get the jist

My loadout is serve punishment, frenzy, beserek, gal, outrage, echain.
    power mastery, full might, left over in health.
    might/power in all sockets
    core strength, max damage
    Health in blue, dom in yellow, might in red for generator.

So my impressions are i am VERY power hungry. We only had one troll however my power was for the most part below 30. There needs to be a reduction of power OR and this is what i prefer, have power mastery restore more power over time. On bosses i basically spammed frenzy and clipped gal with sp and i was still draining the troll.

I'm fairly sure pftt is being judged around having power in blue for the generator and if i'm right that shouldnt be the case. We already have problems on live with too many dps not enough support - this will only exacerbate the situation having everyone put blue into power instead of health for tanks or even health for healers. Pftt shouldnt be balanced around the idea of having power in our generator. I shouldnt have to make 4 power generator mods AND mod power in my character just to use pftt.

My next big complaint is the fact that frenzy doesnt rage cancel. I had quite a few close calls simply because i rage crashed because frenzy doesnt cancel it for some reason. The cheap spammer needs to be a rage canceler.

Like i have said numerous times RR needs to have a higher cap(i also tanked us which doesnt have a video)

I have to say: overall, rage dps was really fun. Its what it should be, more enjoyable than live thats for sure.
    • Like x 3
  3. Cyro Committed Player

Rage tanking was also really fun i forgot to say in my previous post. It wont let me edit for some reason. The whole text box goes white.
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

BUG REPPORT:
    if you put your keybinding for powers of your loadout on the mouse weel, the combos are allmost impossible to pull of.
    revenge, frenzy and frenetic bonbardement work only if you are rolling the mouse weel exactly so much as the combo gets barely activated. if you roll only the slightes bit to far, the combo gets a second imput, canceling the combo.

try it out: put those on the wheel forward and backward (very convenient setting for mobile powers and fast 1>2 clipping btw) and look if you can pull the combo off. yes, i tryed with different mouses and also with the wheel stopper on and off, if it is off, you have no chance, but it is very hard to combo even with the stopper...

outrage and eviscerating chain work well by the way... dunno, but its something that allways bothered me when playing rage...
    please devs, can you make the combo possible to activate, even if the power gets a second imput? i mean, i am sure that would fix it.

am i the only one playing with the mousewheel??? o_O
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

the cooldown of outrage... i am fully aware that you can ad a tap to prolong the combo, but...
    wouldnt it be awesome to shorten the cooldown rather in half and be able to clip it with itself?
  6. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

No... And no... And no...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Cyro Committed Player

First i dont want rage to turn into what many view cele on live right now, spamming one power over and over again because it does the most damage. Secondly rages power costs are so high im lucky to use outrage every 3 mins
  8. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Funny you say that, Rage was incredibly overpowered in it's release because of Outrage spam.
  9. Cyro Committed Player

I do not like the changes to plasma retch. The reduced cooldown/dot length means we will be casting it more which means more power use, rage already has power issues doing this will be a hard blow for rage. This also interferes with tanking since the animation isnt as long it means you have to time the window better - ok that issue isnt that big, making tanking harder is cool the real issue is power.

Since nothing was changed i thought i would remind you about the poor state of RR

Resto - 6780
    Dom - 9920
    RR cap - 2500-2550 (i forget the exact number)

Considering how much i put into dom the cap should be much higher
    • Like x 2
  10. ChampionTank New Player

Indeed, Remorseless Recovery has gone down the drain viability wise. The health return is pitiful.
    • Like x 2
  11. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

I personally don't want to play like HL but with red constructs. Self-healing has always been a feature of Rage. It does not make Rage immortal, so bring it back. Now Remorseless Recovery just useless.
  12. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Main problems I see for Rage tanking are Severe Punishment, Remorseless Recovery and loadout space.

Severe Punishment last for 8 secs but cooldown is 12 sec.
    This leaves 4 secs vulnerability window which is too long period to not have your main tank mechanic available.
    At Live server cooldown is about 10 secs, so just 2 sec vulnerability which could sometimes be very problematic but having whole 4 secs is way too much.

Severe Punishment and all combo cooldowns should be lowered in tank role.

Remorseless Recovery's cap is decent but the number of ticks should be increased to 12.
    It is better to keep low cap with multiple ticks rather than the opposite. In any case its bad in its current nefred form.

I dont see how Rage is gonna pack all needed tools for active tanking with current cooldowns of combo powers and the need of an extra LO spot for Remorseless Recovery. The only realistic thing seems to use weapons instead of multiple combos for damage which would be sad or combos should be changed to cause healing in tank role so Remorseless Recovery could become optional or scrapped.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Tested rage dps in a raid, did full melee rotation modded straight might and specced SP wise into might/power with power mastery, here's the results:

Overall i'd say im satisfied with it, did insane damage. Both this run and the raid in my sig toon aprox. 24 mins each, if you compare the damage done, rage is well above and beyond (33 mill compared to the 21 mill I had in the weapon dps run). Had I remembered sooner you can clip GE and SP I would have probably done quite a bit more damage.
    • Like x 2
  14. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Sheesh, the other dps didn't really do well at all. Great vid Fatal. My only other concern is that does eviserating chain hit multiple enemies? Otherwise I find outrage and revenge (without using the hold combo) to be effective.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes E-chain is single now which I don't really like, but I'm just so used to using it from live it was habit to squeeze it in on adds lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Severe Punishment: SP now healing back only 75% of incoming damage so 4 sec vulnerability window it is too long. Increase duration to 10 sec. That will make ability more similar to live version but with better synergy with othrer abilities with long cooldown like Galling Eruption.

Remorseless Recovery: After nerf this ability is almost useless. Return old version or better increase amount healing ticks to 10 without increasing healing power.

Infuriate: 8 ticks for SC it's too small. Increase to 12-18 would be fine thing.

Dreadful Blast: Remove vulnerability to interrupt. This ability anymore not block breaker & it is not channeling ability so vulnerability does not make sense.
    • Like x 1
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Make Channeled Hate a single target taunt and turn Rage Blast into AoE.

From last Update:
    Making EviChain vulnerable to interrupt is not right since our 35% Finisher is not a 2 or multi tick channeled ability like other Finisher but its a regular ability with a following combo. EviChain has nothing in common with other Finishers!
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Remember the Vulnerable to Interrupt is a text bug, it's vulnerable to Block where as the other Finishers are Vulnerable to interrupt Interrupt because they are Casts. E Chain being a Combo and being Vulnerable to Block to a logical balance pass.
    • Like x 1
  19. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Add visual animation to Berserk.
    For example: move animation from Blood Lust to Berserk and from Remorseless Recovery(leave without visual animation) to Blood Lust.
  20. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

The weapon dps run that had 21 mil was done with 4 dps. The 33mil run was done with 3 dps. Same time period + same total damage possible + less dps = more damage out per dps. You can't compare damage out on a scorecard for loadout efficiency unless other factors are kept constant such as the amount of dps and the damage output ratio of the dps's (powersets & skill level).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.