Stats Revamp 1.7 - Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ill test the difference now and let you know
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Well I can't get into Typhons monster invasion because it gives me the loading screen of death and boots me from server. I don't want to use AoJ areas because they stat clamp you which skews results....

I'll get numbers posted when I find a good area to test in
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Tested in New Genesis with the NGN raid adds, since they're the only things that hit hard enough to give good results.

Dom spec, 201 CR:
    dom- 2909, resto- 10927

Renew- 6200
    DL burst- 6200, DL HoT- 340
    AcB burst- 4100, AcB HoT- 860
    CS burst- 2500, CS HoT- 470
    WoTPcCS burst- 2900, WoTPcCS HoT- 560
    GL HoT- 1550
    PcDL burst- 4800, PcDL HoT- 260

Resto spec, 201 cr
    dom- 73, resto- 14617

Renew- 6700
    DL burst- 6700, DL HoT- 380
    AcB burst-4700, AcB Hot- 960
    CS burst- 2800, CS HoT- 520
    WoTPcCS burst- 3100, WoTPcCS HoT- 610
    GL HoT- 1700
    PcDL burst- 5300, PcDL HoT- 290

Note: these are average base heals

I don't really see any discrepancies on my end, resto spec was generally higher heals then dom spec.

I would like a buff on PcDL in healer role though, for a longer combo it's heals aren't worth the cast time at all.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Ahh that area is a stat banded area! That explains the jump.
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

My apologies spord. I didn't realize that the AoJ area was stat banded.
    I will say that I find a split spec at a disadvantage when I think it should just as potent or stronger than a single stat spec.
    Is there anything you can do on that end?
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Are you using gear mods, gen mods, and not placing any more sp in the opposite stat? I am and the Typhoon Monster invasion is where I have been doing all my numbers gathering which I've told you before. I'm not sure why you don't see a difference when I see a noticeable difference especially on the burst with AcB. Should I make a new toon to see if this bug is specific to me/my char and re-test, or test in a new location? As I stated before I don't understand necessarily how bugs work but its a thought.
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Made a new toon to retest, repeatedly crashing on the load screen for both War Torn areas trying to get gear. Error message <0x002F>
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Check your DM's I sent you print screens of the dom and resto build numbers (using a new toon). I didn't want to blow up the thread with a ton of print screens lol.
  9. spord Developer

Thank you for testing some more and sending those. I will take a look at them. There is a bug with Virtous Light and Corrupted Virtuous Light because the HoT is supposed to tick 6 times and is only doing 5 ticks. I will fix that up.
    • Like x 1
  10. spord Developer

Thanks for testing this out. As for PcDL, Corrupted Virtuous Light right now cost 100 power which is the reason for it being lower than other heals even after the long combo. It is pretty strong for something that cost 100 because of the combo time but I could bump that power cost up and get higher output if you all think you could handle the increase in cost. It could be Plague (300 power) -> Corrupted Virtuous Light (200 power) instead of 300 -> 100.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

PcDL is pretty generous on consumption considering it's a 3 input combo with power only being consumed on the final input, I don't think bumping it up to 200 would really hurt if it meant increasing the healing potency.
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I'm pretty sure the majority here are already complaining about the power costs being too steep, do you want to drain them dry even more? :p

I would suggest no power cost changes until you guys figure out how you're going to tackle the trolling power/cc issues first since every healing power set besides Electricity have had people complain about power issues. Maybe Sorcery and Natures issues will see a resolution after the update today but we'll have to wait and see.

If you're giving us the option to see changes in power costs to see the combo variant being stronger I may have some suggestions later on to help healing some more, but I'd really rather see changes being made to the other 3 power sets first.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Keep in mind how many people actually use PcDL in healer role lol. The number is very little. Increasing it's potency could at least make it more appealing and even a viable option if you're looking to spice things up.
  14. Celestial Powers Committed Player

But the DPS side uses the ability too, more damage is nice but PcDL will take 500 power cost, that's more than half the bar at 201, I haven't messed around with the DPS side to know what's a viable load out but a cost as big as this seems it might be excruciating to deal with.

I don't see why Plague can't be reduced to a 200 power cost and then the combo at 200 since Celestials damage comes from the combo, unless I'm missing something? If this is the case a request I'd like to make is to make WOTP a 100 power cost ability and the combo cost 200, for the same case, stronger healing.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Dps is fine. Probably one of the most power efficient powersets in the revamp right now. I could go a full minute with no troll using PcDL in my loadout.

Plus I could be wrong, but I remember reading in a hotfix the costs for combos we're bumped up to 200 on many abilities. Bumping up PcDL if it's still at 100 won't hurt anything

Edit: found it
    It was increased to 200
  16. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Oh, so WOTP is already a 200 cost. This honestly explains most of the power issues though, if to heal celestial spends like 400+ per combo to heal, a little ridiculous.

But also it's why Celestial is one of the best power sets, double the abilities essentially while every other power set lost something.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I found modded resto/power it wasn't too bad on costs, only hurt when I did heavy clipping. At this point I'm leaning towards them putting power in every single stat bubble like they did with might. Yes it would give people a lot of power to spec into, but if they plan on bumping up the cap with each dlc, it may not be an issue.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I'm against a buff to PcVL.
    It is already good enough with Benediction or cBenediction active. We already will have a solid shield rotation spam, glyph alternation and insane burst from each glyph, hot stacking, Max render distance and our damage output is high in healer role once more along with damage heals from Benediction and Malediction.
    I'm someone who uses both Plague and VL along with CS and cCS. Any more increases will only ensure that Celestial is over the top strong despite the steep costs of power.
    Not to mention we have three useful Supercharges.
    We are OK. It's only Power costs that's doing us in. Plague also has a shorter cooldown than VL.
    It's fine as is imo.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

PcDL does maybe 60% the heals of the cleansed version with a 3 second combo cast time, not quite sure how you see that as being fine lol. Just stating an opinion.

So far I haven't been able to do decent damage with battle heals unless it's weapon related because they nerf the damage of healing related combos in healer role, so I'm not too sure about that one either.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

It doesn't matter. You still get Max render distance on PcVL.
    That's only due to the damage component. It's a 400 total base cost combo which I get the concern for but VL is 450 off the bat and plague has a shorter cooldown.
    I only wanna see 80% of the potential of VL in PcVL.

Just to clarify Fatal:
    Another option is not what I'm against. I'm against Celestial being able to pull of multiple things at once in one loadout whereas the other healing powers are paling in comparison.
    I don't want Celestial to end up as the only heal power able to do many things. We still got Nat and Sorc that can't do a quarter of what Cele can do.

The combos still follow the rule of better damage via combo time. I personally do fine reaching 9.3 mil with a might and resto spec with Shield as the weapon. Not the best but certainly not the worst.
    The only thing I'd complain about is the fact that roles don't get PI damage benefits when doing battle specs. That's the only thing limiting Cele's potential as a battle anything right now.
    If roles got a damage bonus with PI damage, I know battle roles would be good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.