Stats Revamp 1.7 - Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xD25x Dedicated Player

I don't think I'll ever get used to everyone in the group low on power except the trolls.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

A little off topic but just from watching this vid and spending many hours on test myself if you look at peoples power bars its very clear that theres a issue with power across the boards.

1 of 2 things should happen or maybe a bit of both........All power costs across all power sets needs to be reducedbut but without touching any function to the abilities other then power cost. The cost are pretty crazy imo. Or the controllers instant power is going to have to be adjusted to put out more power to keep up with the high power costs that everyone has to deal with.

Also theres still a issue with how mods and gear are factored into the equation of power scaling/costs.
    • Like x 3
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I agree 100% that something is massively wrong with the power costs across the board and that troll role is massively lacking, but celestial power cost is more insane than any other imo. I do think the power out needs a buff for trolls because its pretty bad atm. At the end of that raid I healed I looked at power, and I had the most power in. That says my power costs are wayyyy to high and I still stayed starving for power :(
    • Like x 2
  4. xD25x Dedicated Player

Honestly it's probably a little bit of both. Imagine how the players not on test are going to react when the revamp hits live. Trolls are going to be crucified because it appears theyou aren't properly doing their jobs. The devs are sticking to the power/damage ratio and it needs some tweeking.
    • Like x 4
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This isn't really a thread for trolling feedback, but I agree 100%
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Request:

Please remove the damage penalty on powers that both heal and do damage in support role. That goes for all powers, not just celestial. If you want to lessen the gap between dps and support, that is one guideline you're going to have to ditch. Otherwise if support players want to battle or hybrid spec, it would shoehorn them into relying only on a weapon based battle build, Celestial can't battle heal effectively in it's current state for this reason.
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I'm a little disturbed that things have turned sour for Divine Light getting an unnecessary change.
    It was fine. All that needed to be changed was the bonus on the hot responding more to Dominance the Restoration. And BTW the two stats are at odds with one another despite the different amounts and potency values at the base level and scaled up to current end game.
    Dominance seems to be registering twice rather than once which is causing it to curve at a more rapid pace than Restoration in terms of effectiveness.

There is not much I have to say about Celestial except for shield duration and Malediction and Benediction's damage based healing.

These two are alright but you must consider the different cooldowns. They both need to be at twelve seconds otherwise you **** Benediction in favor of Malediction.
    This Healing meta you all have created is all about Healing Efficiency first and foremost and then Maximum Burst Achievable, which takes a hit since you are hurting in potential because of power costs limiting your clipping abilities.

Fix it right please and fix it with a quickness because we ain't got much time to dilly dally since this goes live in a few weeks.

Thank you for trusting and cooperation.
    -Sage Rapha
    • Like x 1
  8. spord Developer

Can you do me a favor and list the heals that you are seeing as pure restoration and the ones that are pure dominance based? I haven't setup any abilities to use one exclusively. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your results. If I spec all restoration I always get more healing from things like Virtuous Light than speccing full dominance. So if there is a bug here I haven't found it.
  9. spord Developer

Thanks. I'll get that added into the tooltip.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So what are the chances of giving dps a more meaningful supercharge? That's really my only concern besides the above feedback with healing.
  11. spord Developer

Avair mentioned shields in his 1.7 post but had it the wrong section. The note below is going to be for all the shields that currently 6 seconds and not just Tank shields.

• We also plan on increasing the duration of shields to 12 seconds
    • Like x 4
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Consume Souls-Resto
    AcB- The burst is dom affected. The Hot is resto.
    Renew-Resto
    DL(VL)- Dom on the HoT

Use my toon if you like and check for yourself at the same location using my builds. Something I'm using could be triggering the bug that you aren't using (not really sure how that works).
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I do have a question regarding this, will the change effect corrupted blessing as well or will that still blow up on a 3 second timer?
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Fixed for you.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Its actually 3 seconds lol meant to edit original

and thank you for pointing that out, didn't realize I typed benediction
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

NP.
    Phones are always out to sabotage spelling.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Does celestial still have the highest power cost amongst the healer powers?
  18. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Celectial dps feels very smooth, especially when using power mastery. I have no complaints here. Celectial healing... Either make all healing abilities resto or dom based because our choices are severely limited to what we choose to spec into.
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yes. Nature comes second then sorcery
  20. spord Developer

Thank you for the list. Unfortunately, I cannot use your character but I tested all of these heals in Healer role with Healer gear and with 175 Resto & 0 Dom stat points vs. 0 Resto & 175 Dom stat points. I get more healing from 175 Resto every time from the bursts and the HoTs.

Does anyone else in this thread get more healing from going full Dom than Resto? If so please let us know so we can find this bug.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.