Stats Revamp 1.5: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Make it like gemstone shield on everyone as the visuals and this will solve the aggro drop problems while letting you be able to move around still
  2. JohnnyDWellens Level 30

This is almost exactly what I posted around the 1st or 2nd page of this thread. I suggested removing Entomb and creating a supercharge that summoned 2 - 3 golems or rock pillars that absorbed damage while they were active.
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Tanques também obter Dominância de Mods e Mods Generator, para que a Terra recebe um monte de bônus de Defesa de que (compensando uma diferença de cerca de 10% de bônus de Defesa para a Terra vs. 20% de mitigação para a Atomic). Além disso, os custos de energia da Atomic para manter sua rotação Tanking são muito mais altos do que para Earth Tanking (na verdade, eles são maiores do que todos os outros tanques), além disso há o "X Factor" de dificuldade de jogo.

Todos os tanques são equilibrados em torno do gelo como uma linha de base, com Defensores de Defesa de Gelo e escudos definindo o padrão para a mitigação e "cura". Atômico, no papel, é ligeiramente acima do orçamento relativo à linha de base do Gelo (~ 5%), mas quando nós fomos ao teste com ele equilibrado inicialmente o mesmo, os jogadores queixaram-se que Atomic era um tanque mais difícil e menos eficaz do que o gelo devido aos fatores Envolvidos com as rotações, vulnerabilidade e jogabilidade geral. Há uma série de fatores que são difíceis de quantificar que Ice benefícios, tais como: Shields sendo geralmente mais eficaz "cicatrização" do que raw cura porque eles são menos propensos a overhealing, Ice sendo capaz de usar suas habilidades defensivas sob demanda enquanto Controlado , O fato de que a Hibernação é um valor muito alto de emergência curar supercharge, etc.

No final, nosso objetivo é fazer com que cada tanque se sinta igualmente eficaz em conteúdos difíceis. Isso significa que eles devem estar muito próximos matematicamente, mas pode não ser exatamente o mesmo no papel devido a outros fatores subjetivos. (Veja Ice e Atomic on Live, por exemplo).

Espero que isso ajude! [/ Quote]
    Hello my friend! After all these years playing as Earth, and then from the test to the official launch by switching to the atomic, and always as a tank, I can say that your goal is very far from being close!
    Both the Earth and the atomic are nowhere near the height of ice and rage!
    Actually I think Rage must be the Tank that will reign if everything goes on as things are ...
    The atomic does not fit into this form of "gun and power" battle, as its high costs that you mentioned yourself only kill your tank!
    And the earth needs more love, because everyone is the one that has less Bufs and only a small increase in defense will not be enough to match the other tanks and will leave the same aside in the big raids!
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These changes are moving to test today:

Earth
    • Unstoppable:
      • Fixed ability's cooldown and tooltip.
    • Debris Field:
      • Now deals damage at the proper tick gap (250 ms) before a P.I. is applied.
    • Earthen Grip:
      • Reduced the cast time so as to reduce the time in between recasts of this ability.
    • Stone:
      • Reduced the cost to 200 from 300.
    • Summon Brick:
      • Fixed the issue where the damage transfer audio loops.
      • Improved messaging of damage transfer with a health “check engine light” while in tank stance.
    • Envelop:
      • No longer drops aggro after activation.
      • KNOWN ISSUE: The FX do not show up for this ability
    • Combo ability Aftershocks:
      • Improved messaging of Aftershock duration with a defense “check engine light”.
    We have also corrected the NPC damage, so please try out healing/tanking again to let us know how it feels.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Additionally:
    • Several of you identified a bug with Stone Skin not displaying correctly in the UI. We are working on this fix.
    • Several of you identified a bug with Gemstone Shield not working with the Regenerative Shielding mod. We are also working on this fix.
    • Many of you had comments about pacing when using a Crushed and/or PftT loadout. We're going to review Earth cooldowns generally in more depth.
    • Many of you had comments about PIs generally, and some specific suggestions. We are reviewing these generally in more depth.
    • Many of you had comments on power costs in PftT Crushed rotations, and we will review along with cooldowns and PIs.
    • Like x 4
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

There was an error in my previous post so I have to post again:

Hello my friend! After all these years playing as Earth, and then from the test to the official launch by switching to the atomic, and always as a tank, I can say that your goal is very far from being close!
    Both the Earth and the atomic are nowhere near the height of ice and rage!
    Actually I think Rage must be the Tank that will reign if everything goes on as things are ...
    The atomic does not fit into this form of "gun and power" battle, as its high costs that you mentioned yourself only kill your tank!

And the earth needs more love, because everyone is the one that has less Bufs and only a small increase in defense will not be enough to match the other tanks and will leave the same aside in the big raids!
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please try the powerset again now that the correct NPC damage numbers are in place.
    • Like x 2
  8. ejester New Player

Thank you for the reply and for looking into fixing those issues =)

If crystal's energy regen hasn't been changed at all from live, then I definitely feel she needs better regen options. My reasoning is this and you can tell me if it's wrong =) ....

basically, I can party with friends that are playing mental for example, and they can spam and spam and spam and ... spam somre more! lol and they never run out of energy, they have 100% uptime on their damage. My pet however, in sustained fights lasts only a few moments and she is out of energy. We have fortify / offering that only returns a trickle of energy compared to the costs of her (crystals) abilities when using her powers (which is tremendous to say the least).

So what I'm wondering is why can non-pet classes have infinite uptime (since they can return all their own energy from casting) while a pet class can not. I mean we are both ranged dps. Doesn't make sense to me.

Either I need the ability to cast something (esp. since someone said vac bubble doesn't return energy anymore!!!) that returns crystals energy or the pet itself needs to do a better job at managing it's energy pool for casting, otherwise why even bother playing a pet class? I can just play any other dps role basically and have infinite uptime and thus more dps.

Like the energy return on earth (as a pet class, I am not sure about earth dps that doesn't use crystal tbh) is really really terribad. It's literally the only thing I don't like about playing my class at the moment (besides totem spawning on top of my character and crystal getting in my way of course hehe).

anywho, if there is anything that can be done to allievate this issue, I would be super happy =)

Thanks!
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Pets hit harder than powers and we are expected to supplement pet damage with weapons and other powers.
  10. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

Ah my mistake, for some reason I thought there were Defense generator mods just not gear mods..

Regardless, You get 580 Dominance from modding your gear with Dominance Olympian mods + about 150 for what Affinity bonuses give you.. Presumably 4 Dominance generator mods give somewhere close to that as well.. SO lets say in total we can add 1600 Dominance in total.. Thats (1600 * 1.5 )/42538 for a grand total of 5.6% extra defense... half of the advertised 10%. You'd have have 2x that bonus to make 10%.. and there's no way your mods are giving you 3000+ Dominance.

We might be able to get close to somwhere closer to 10% once we get 400 SPs and can fully spec the Defense and Dominance trees.
  11. JohnnyDWellens Level 30

I agree with the overall sentiment expressed here. I dislike the heavy focus on defense as Earth. It's absorption effect was something that was super interesting. If you say defense is better...then I guess it is, because you guys have a facts. But the truth is, you're taking something away from Earth that made it unique. I say put the focus back on absorption. Give it a two fold mechanic. Defense and absorption and give us a way to increase the about of damage we can absorb based on our Dom that fits with the powerset. I don't think anyone here wants the powers to all be exactly the same. They still need to retain what makes them special. I'm already disappointed in the lack of DoT focus in Electricity, this change in Earth focus bums me out even more and doesn't say to me that the game values uniqueness. I comes across as "this is the easiest way to do it so that's what we're doing." You guys are working hard and we appreciate that, but please don't lose sight of what this game was and can be again. Keep the power unique. You've had a lot of great ideas posed to you here, give them some consideration. If you're willing to take your time and get it right, then take the time and make some significant changes.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cyro Committed Player

I really like this idea however it would have to be implemented much like def is on live it cant just be every 100 points of dom = 0.1 absorption, it would get out of hand eventually. However if we could have a formula that takes into account our cr so that we are always striving for more dom well - i love it.
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

That's not the case of Earth. Fury is hitting 22k per big hit while Crystal is hitting 10k per big hit.
  14. Rokyn Dedicated Player

link to Feedback 1.0
    Updated Feedback 2.0

Tanking (Positives)
    • Earthern Grip doesn't feel as awkward and the cooldown was fixed. Good. One sight concern I still may have is that it still has a been of a weird cone angle to it. It doesn't really grab all 8 sparring targets from a League Hall for example. Could the cone be adjusted possibly?
    • Check Engine lights on Stone Skin buff and Pet Damage Transference are working fine and noted. Awaiting for the tool tip and current effects fix in the future.
    • Envelop is grabbing aggro once again and fully heals the player to high HP. Great job. Even though....it looks...quite...funny with the current FX :D
    • Definitely feel strong as a tank against single bosses. The mitigation is there, the counter system helps quite a bit, and if the heals are there...it's a solid ride.
    • Defense is better than absorption! It's true because unlike Absorption, Defense is stacking with shields...and with something as valuable as Gemstone Shield....it makes you even more harder to kill as a tank. So I see the benefit there. There can be a slight improvement...more on this later. So for now, speccing Defense and Dominance is mainly the way to go with priority in Dominance.
    • I'm not sure for others but to me, Gemstone Shield is healing me with the hand tactical mod. It seems to be working fine. Check out the video footage below.
    Tanking (Negatives)
    • Adds. I think I have stated this with every tanking powerset so far except maybe Rage to an exception. Lots of adds and lots of enemies at once really makes things very stressful especially without the use of block. The only way I have been able to manage this or at least have some control over it...is through heavy crowd control such as Jackhammer, Unstoppable, Shards, Chronometric Emitters, and my controller stunning things. The other method is through shielding, which makes Gemstone Shield very very useful and quite formidable, Envelop does the job as well, and even Hardlight Shield to complement things. I'm not sure what else I can do to make things much smoother. But when the adds gets immunity or there's no shield up? Maybe blocking for blues? :p
    • Using Brick with adds seems like a rough idea. I can't crowd control as well compared to a Jackhammer rotation. Maybe this is part of the whole choices philosophy? I like the intent, but maybe some love and make Totem a consistent CC similar to Jackhammer to do the trick? Or maybe allow Brick to crowd control enemies every once in a while? Just wondering options to make things a bit more even. For bosses, both methods of tanking have their strengths on a fair plate.
    • Seems like I have to really rely on Gemstone Shield on every opportunity it's up. Not sure if intended but a lot of my success comes from Gemstone Shield and Jackhammer. I would like to see if there's a possibility that the Stone Skin buff (and Damage Transference)...could be active for both blocking and not blocking....maybe this will help when trying to manage adds by blocking? I'm not sure. Or a slight increase would be nice and put us at a comfortable spot. I will post my video footage in the morning with the updated view on the tanking.
    • Localized Tremor.....basically same power as Freeze Wave...yet it requires a power interaction to do the crowd control effect? Let's change this.
    Some Damage Suggestions
    After looking over the powers individually very intensely, I came to a conclusion on how some things could be improved or changed. There's not much to change though. The DPSing definitely feels fun with PftT with the combos or powers and even Pet gameplay is fun. I was trying out a Pet rotation with weapons only and I was getting great results!
    • Stone: Make it exploit dazing rather than inflicting dazing. Pebble Blast already inflicts dazing and it's single target. The power cost is fine IMO. This gives Earth a single target power interaction exploit power. It currently doesn't have one! ;)
    • Striking Stones: Make it 0.5 second cooldown with 100 power cost. This will be what PftT users will want to spam with their rotation. We already have Shards which exploits Crushing and is high power cost.
    • Rumblecrush: Lower the cost to 200 power cost. This will balance it out with Striking Stones and Shards.
    • Shards: Has a pretty narrow cone, hope this is intended and factored in the calculations.
    • Debris Field: Let's change this to inflict power interactions, dazing and crushing, while also keeping the similar amount of damage (300 power cost). With this exploiting power interactions, it just feels awkward to use when trying to keep track of power interactions. This inflicts both, Range DoT, does high damage, and at 12 seconds which makes it perfect in timing power interactions.
    • Upheaval and Jackhammer: I would like to put in my word and agree with the guys and girls here. Let's make Jackhammer the stronger combo power since it is melee focused. I would preferably like to see Upheaval retain it's current damage and if adjusted....then don't nerf it too much. For people using combos this is a wonderful range option and it's very viable. Jackhammer I know will need to have it's power cost adjusted and I'll say let's try the change and see how it feels like. Though I know Jackhammer spamming may not be viable (due to power cost) after this buff.....let's hope I'm wrong! ;)
    Video coming soon with updated tanking footage and as well as Base Multiplier Chart for damage data.
    • Like x 3
  15. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Haven't been on test but I got a reguest and a question. Could Meteor shower restore power to summoned Golems since Movement Supercharges don't have that functionality anymore? And does the cooldown of Upheaval allow last aftershock to be clipped with another Upheaval cast? Idk if that is still the case but Rage ' Dreadful blast had way too long cooldown which ruined ranged rotation and left Rage dps in the middle of nowhere. Please be very careful when increasing cooldowns of previously supposed spammable powers.
    • Like x 2
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. L T Devoted Player

An Earth Supercharge that restores power to pets over time is a really cool idea.

Speaking of Supercharges, the range of Unstoppable seems too short. It's point blank and so way more difficult to use than other superchage generators.

With respect to Earth combos... I can actually use them in solo content, and they were working reasonably well for me. The damage at a sparring target was meh... but in actual use they felt much better than Rage or Hard Light combos.
  18. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Video Earth Tanking Footage After Hotfix

• Like x 4
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

That's the thing with the Earth combos right now, they are spammable and efficient to use in content compared to other combo powers.

The way it's like right now allows infinite PftT with comboing. If Jackhammer or Upheaval are buffed with higher power cost, we may not be able to sustain it power wise. I hope that's not the case.

I just want Jackhammer to be one of the best ways of damaging just as well as Upheaval and a tad bit better since it's melee.
    • Like x 2
  20. JohnnyDWellens Level 30

Even with two healers, are you not able to tank in the lava in GOM? Currently on live I can tank both bosses, in the lava, with 1 healer and limited blocking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.