Stats Revamp 1.4!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spack2k Steadfast Player

what do u mean with healer group buff ? it stacks with ur own weapon buff.
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

Oh, wait... I had the buff that buffed 3 group members mostly in my loadout when i was healing and thought that it was a healer thing to buff your group with it :) forget what i sayd, it was just me confusing regular dammage buffs applied to groupmembers...
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Can the power cost to breakout be reduced or even acknowledged?
    • Like x 4
  4. tiempo Well-Known Player

Question for the Devs: Are some powers meant to keep up in DPS with their Supercharges?... I'll explain
    - Hypothetical: A raid just finished -
    Asumming both players are equal in every way and end up getting similar DPS at the end of the raid (withing 2% of each other) and are using their Powers' hardest hitting Supercharge.
    >Power (A) did 60% of their total damage using powers/weapons/mix, and another 40% of their damage with thier SC
    >Power (B) did 50% of their total damage using powers/weapons/mix, and another 50% of thier damage with thier SC

Is this happening? I think it is I'm just not sure
    Is this by design?

The reason I ask is because in testing powers against each other, in content and sparring targets, I have noticed something. In content I watch my dps stats against an evenly matched dps, and with a power like Atomic vs Elec, I would noticed it wouldn't keep up until I was able to pop my Supercharge and see the numbers start matching up again but still kinda lagging behind. While at sparring targets, when testing parsers, I don't include SC in my rotations, in not doing so I start noticing a difference in damage out by some of the powers. For example, on 3 targets at 166 cr with 10161 might and base prec, midrange distance (all specced into power) Ice and Atomic can parse around 16-18k with an occasional 20k, with Electricity, Rage and Nature the averages are 20-22k maxing out at 25k and even an occasional 27k.

That's a big difference and my questions ties into that, Are those weaker powers meant to have higher hitting SC to keep up?

The other issue is, if I'm wrong about all this, powers like Ice and Atomic are still under-performing, being tested, and we have no forums in this sections to keep voicing our concerns.

Don't misinterpret what i'm saying either, i'm not saying nerf the harder hitting powers, I'm saying bring the others up to par. The pace of the game feels perfect with the harder hitting powers, by nerfing them the game will feel slow, but you bump up the others you have all the powers putting out great dps and running the game at a great pace. Not too fast, not too slow. This Pace I speak of is something that can only truly be appreciated when you know Live, come to test, play every version of the Revamps, tried different powers in all versions, and ran similar content many, many times as I have, then you play a power like Nature and Electricity and all the sudden you feel it, you sense it, it's a good feeling, cuz it's a great pace, not OP, but you feel strong, ALL Powers should feel like this.
    • Like x 2
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

That's a good point. Really good. It would make sense for them to balance powersets by factoring in EVERYTHING at our disposal, including Supercharges. If we're not doing the same on our sparring target parses then we'd be leaving out a huge chunk of our damage in real raids. I even recall Trex pointing out how big of an impact his Supercharge made in his overall damage-out when testing Electricity DPS in raids.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

But balancing a supercharge as means to bring up also puts must have powers on your loadout worse than the 100 spammers. So if I don't want to use my SC, I will lose out.
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

That may be so. Luckily, I can compare the base damage of Bunker Buster (that Penryn posted earlier) with Strafing Run, which are both 100% supercharges:

Bunker Buster = 560-620 base damage
    Strafing Run = 540-552 base damage

Hmm. This could be a thing.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I seem to recall that BB was better than SR. Though, this was also the PI that BB used to add that SR didn't.
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Are the threads for ice,mental, and atomic never coming back? Wouldnt people need to give feedback on those powers with the hybrid style if weapons just got adjusted? I dont see the threads for those 3 powers anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

With this version of the revamp (1.4) right now, our focus is on the newly added powers. We will continue all discussions in the future.
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Thats good to know. Thanks for the answer.
  12. Dre 3000 New Player

I might have missed it, but on Test does electric have another power to apply electrified PI besides Arc Lightning? If not can we get another one please.
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

I just checked and its in fact only Arc Lightning :(
  14. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

What would happen if EG could also apply the electrified PI? Just a thought. It's possible.

EG last 12 seconds, when it ends the PI is gone and needs to be recast.
  15. Ringz Dedicated Player

Really?? Tho you already confirmed arc is the only one, but was tesla blast change? At least for that we would have a single target pi, and a spreader pi?
  16. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I think Tesla Blast became a power that deals more damage to an electrified enemy. Good power for Play from the Tray and it's a low power cost at 100.
  17. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I would be remiss, if I didn't at least try to voice my opinion on the direction of Developers have took with the stats revamp in general. Firstly I was one of the many voices supporting #statsmatter, as the idea of an RPG is to gain strength by earning it and then getting to keep it.

Tried the TS few days ago for the first time. and then again today.

I feel as if the team are seeing problems that are not there. Why does AM and WM have to change? 'because it will overpower you' thats not true. AM powerback is a viable way of doing things as it is now on the real servers. WM is fine. You have taken away the 'good playactions' and left the trash of weapon usage to build power. I must say this feels like a veiled 'Stats Clamp Deluxe'. Slowing us down by making us use our weapons. GL infinite combo's aren't infinite anymore. Any NPC half my cr can make me sweat to kill them.

I gave it some time before I went on test, for a couple of reasons, one being, I knew the early tests would be changeable, so reporting that back to the many league staff I know would lead to a misinformation chain.

Pretty upset is how I would sum it up, emotionally.
    If this goes to game, I did not enjoy 1 second of it.. and won't be putting hundreds of hours in to it.
    • Like x 1
  18. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Based at feedback from Light and Rage threads,
    I think that PoT and Power Dump's strengths should be increased but Power dumps should be back to 3 sec cooldowns.

If Power Dumps stay at 1,5 sec cooldown, player base will just force Controllers to only act as batteries and preserve all power used for Power Dumps after every weapon combo. There wont be power and time to use Debuffs or other CC.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Exactly. We're expected to spam our recharge between taps. A longer CD forces everyone to mind their power better and removes the most monotonous part of trolling, being a blue bar extension.
  20. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Idk about just taps but current Power Dumps' 1,5 cooldown will force controllers to use shortest combos possible like Hand Blasters' Solar Flare or Martial Arts' Shuriken Storm. You wont be effective if you pick longer weapon combo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.