Stats Revamp 1.4!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Why are combo powers being lumped in with regular PftT when they are obviously two very different play styles. I think trying to pigeon hole the combo rotations into the PftT group is causing alot of the issues with power.
    • Like x 4
  2. L T Devoted Player

This is a fair point. There needs to be at least some semblance of balance though.

Hard Light was always different from other combo powers. The idea was that your ring *is* your weapon, and ring combos could substitute for weapon ones. Could we get back to that idea without making the power set grossly OP?
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's why it was prec based. Made more sense like that in my opinion. Guess it was too hard to simply adjust the base values of the powers to scale with prec.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I kind of feel that the Precision and Might separation still hard to balance even if we do the "Might" comes from powers and "Precision" comes from weapons.

Right now, weapons are still subpar.

I do think light having a power cost for chains is kind of sad, but not impossible if you spec power. Someone mentioned in the Light thread, that brings up a good point. Light doesn't really have big hitters. It was always a lot of single target quick hits. Both before with heavy clipping and after AM. Though after AM they did adjust the cones of some AOE powers, iirc.
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

i checked thats just the description , Ire does cost 200 power

i cant imagine having powers which dont cost any power alone cause of pvp ,ice its shatter restraints cant be intended to have zero power cost.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ah okay.Ill post this in the Rage section so Moja can look at it.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

i checked atomic and neutrino blast has zero power cost as well ... so maybe it's intended for tank powers to have a power for zero power cost
    • Like x 1
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

With it having a 18 sec cooldown I figured thats how it will now be to balance out that it doesnt cost power. If it does switch to costing Power then I would expect the cooldown to be lowered.
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

From Moja in the Rage Thread:

• Like x 1
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

I see, so Shatter Restraints, Neutrino Blast and Ire will have no power cost.( we can expect to add Burning Determination and Shooting Sands or the equivalent for earth to the list)

I don't think pvp players will like that though.
  11. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Actually it gives tanks more utility in PvP.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

anything would give tanks more utility in pvp since they are not present but a dd would have a breakout + secondary benefits for free every 18 sec but its not like a fire tank would deny it :p
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

All these changes to Rage makes me fear even more about what theyre gonna do with Fire.

For Fire, i think its going to be Burnout and not B.Determination. Because, even though both have self heals, B.D. heals way more than Burnout. So thats my guess.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hey folks. I critically failed at a copy-and-paste, and this part of the 1.4 messaging got dropped. The original post has been updated, or please read a bit more about the controller weapon buff here:

...Controllers? What?!

One of the major things that controllers bring to the group is power healing. Power directly increases damage for people who use abilities. What it doesn’t do is give weapon focused players a boost, until now. We implemented a simple weapon damage buff from controllers when they user use their power heal. It works like this:
    • Heals the power of the 3 group members with the lowest power and the controller (already does that!)
    • Grants a percentage weapon damage buff to the 3 group members with the highest current power and the controller
    • This buff lasts for 12 seconds, so theoretically many people can get it over the course of a fight, but its most likely that the weapon user who constantly sits at high power will get it
    This is our first iteration of a piece of functionality to perform this purpose, so it’s likely we will be iterating on it over the course of Stats Revamp, but it should help Controllers give more to weapon users than they used to. Please tell us what you think!
    • Like x 7
  15. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I tested it and it seems to work properly, however while I think it's a good idea as gadgets i'm giving the players the battle display animation and looks awful.

In other matters are you guys going to open the test threads for the other powers or are those power supposedly "finished"?
    • Like x 2
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So now that we've seen the formulas for combo powers (damage = power cost), I was wondering if actual animation times are going to be adjusted in line with other powers. The damages are balanced correctly with other powers, but it seems like it takes a lot longer to combo than it does to press a button from the tray.
    All those extra 0.5 and 1.0 seconds of dead input mean wasted dps, so I think either damages should be increased somewhat for combo powers taking in mind the amount of time needed. Basically, instead of the flat damage rate used for most 100 cost powers (seems to be something like 4-4.5k dps), I think they need to cost 100 but do the damage of 125 (does that make sense to you?). Basically instead of 4k, 5k to compensate for lost time. Only in actual comboed powers, not an initial hit or direct press (again, I'm sorry if I'm not sure the terminology to use here, lol).
    Another option that has been mentioned already in the light thread would be a flat stacking bonus per combo successfully performed, which seems in line with what light's playstyle is like. Rage and atomic aren't that kind of smoothly flowing combo, so they seem fine the way they are (well, damage-wise anyway).
  17. Mystere Well-Known Player

I like the concept. I suggest that the weapon buff be given to those with the most power AND currently have their power's weapon buff ability active to help ensure that it goes to those folks.

Question: Does this also work in 4 man content - i.e., does everyone get the buff no matter what?
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

One of the best ideas of this Revamp.
    • Like x 1
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

This is great information. So PftT will never get it as it's useless to them anyway. Hybrid Builds have a chance at getting it depending on the power pool usage. Weapon Focus builds will technically always get this buff which is fair to be honest with you, as they will hardly use powers. Support roles have a moderate chance of getting it depending on their power pool usage as well.
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

Wait... The weapon buff is takin a damn high amount of power away, however: i get why you doing it this way: if a troll cant fill your powerbar, at least he gives you a buff :) wich is at least something and i like it :) does it stack with the group buff from healers? And with your own buff aswell? Enemy debuffs were the trolls domain (except power restoring) and now it has a group buff like a heal ^^ good step in direction of battle controlling!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.