Stats Revamp 1.3!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_deadlock New Player

If that's how the community is as a majority, the devs better cater to it. Devs work their product around how it's used, not how they intend it to be used: that's intelligent engineering.
    Take baby cradles for example: if babies wouldn't roll out of bed they wouldn't need railings. But they do, so it's needed.

If you've got a community that just wants to runs DPS all the time, cater to the DPS community. Maybe stick an NPC to pick up the slack. It sucks to be a minority in this situation, but if 5-1-1-1 is such a common occurrence then I guess the community has spoken.
  2. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

I just really want to see 2 things here with this.

1. Balance out the power sets between each other. Current lower dps sets like Rage, Electricity, HL need to be just as good as higher dps sets like Mental/ Sorcery etc. The current design forces you away from sets you may want to play.

2. Make it so we can effectively use any of the powers in a set, not just specific powers like with AM. This will help make it so there is infinite diversity with powersets and powers and all would be effective on paper.

Granted skill and skill points will always be a factor.
  3. Mystere Well-Known Player

After testing all night and across powersets here is my feedback - cr 188

HYBRID rules. It out performs pfft and weapon focus by a lot. You can dump all your sp into power and still run out of power. As others have posted - Faust and Artemis can drain your power quick if you pfft. Speaking of Faust, Artemis and the dogs in Hades duo - I think they should be tuned down. Myself at 188 and a 183 experienced player had to use everything to comfortably get through. I can imagine lesser skilled players screaming for a nerf immediately.

While Hybrid, I rarely ran out of power and the extra points in prec/might (I slotted 1/3 prec, 1/3 Might, 1/3 power for approx 13,000 might and prec and about 33,000 power). I will give power specific feedback in the respective threads.

When PFFT, as I mentioned, you will run out of power. Also not having much might hurts. While you can cast more powers they hit for a lot less and just generally drags out a fight and as I mentioned above, on harder bosses you will be out of power. Also, the recharge times for many of the powers you want do not line up well to pfft. Why bother with recharge times as no one will have the power to spam abilities anyway. Just get rid of recharges altogether or significantly reduce them to where they do no impede the flow of the game.

With weapon focused, power as you can imagine is not an issue, but weapon dmg is weaker than hybrid but on par with PFFT. Also the weapon buff times need to be increased. You barely get one combo off before the buff is off.

I also didn't like that when I played as a troller in the duo with a dps that tried to keep up atomic combos from pfft, there was no way for him to stay powered even with me trolling. I think you need to up the defib power back. I was giving about 570 tick as passive pot and about 1,000 with defib. Keep in mind, that at high levels people have power over 30,000 and power costs can be anyware from 1k to 5k a piece! Thus the 1500 back from me barely makes a dent.

As for healing - BRING BACK THE HEALING BONUS AND BUFF RESTO. I mean what is the point of 300 point hots when people have over 23,000 health. It makes all the HOTs worthless. The single target and AOE heals barely move a health bar and the aoe heals still have a recharge time - much lower but still with such low base healing its silly to have the recharge. Also, if you want off-roles to contribute to dmg more than make many of the healing powers also do some dmg. For example, arc lightning does dmg and heals but electroburst doesnt.

Overall, this is a much better build than 1.2 but it is still ROUGH. While you say you are no longer focus on 2x4, it feels like you left in a lot of those mechanics (recharges, low power, low heals, low dmg from pfft and weapon focus).

On the positive, Hybrid plays decently - not great but decent.
    • Like x 5
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

So don't run in groups that do 5-1-1-1. Problem solved.
  5. supalova20 Well-Known Player

awesome reply bro.....
  6. Mystere Well-Known Player

Oh forgot to comment on movement mode powers.

I can notice the adjustments but the dmg from them still make them lag far behind the dmg from your powerset. For example, Whirling Dervish locks you into the animation for a long time and, while the ticks of dmg have increased for the amount of time you are caught in the animation, you could have done a weapon combo clipped with a power for much more dmg. If you are gonna keep people stuck in the animations then the dmg per tick needs to increase alot to make it worthwhile or no one will bother with them AGAIN.
    • Like x 2
  7. sir_deadlock New Player

I personally run pug like 9/10 of the time rather than any planned out team. So in that respect it's not a choice for me how things end up.
  8. Karasawa Loyal Player

Okay. What's your point?
  9. sir_deadlock New Player

My point is that if they're like me they're not choosing to join a 5-1-1-1, it just happens.

Personally I don't care what group balance I end up in so long as we get the job done.
    • Like x 1
  10. xD25x Dedicated Player

How exactly is 5-1-1-1 less skillful? Is solo healing easier than 2 healing? Is it the same for trolling? Nope. It's actually easier for the 4x2 setup
    • Like x 2
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

Same. But for those guys that only want to run a certain way.. it's on you to form the group compositions you want. It's not on me or anyone else to make it happen for you.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Replace 5-1-1-1 with 2-2-2-2 from my previous statement lol. I'm a night shift worker awake during the day time :(
    • Like x 2
  13. XFuriouSGamming New Player

Yes, I think 2-2-2-2 is better. It makes dpsing more sense and not only DAMAGE-DAMAGE-DAMAGE(some1 dies)-DAMAGE
    But content has to be aimed for that, and also it should be able to be played 5-1-1-1 or at least 4-2(healer)-1 if the group is skiller/high enough, like long time ago ( 2012). But by now, I don't really see us playing anymore than 2-2-2-2 on content where you're even 30cr higher than recommended.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it seems to be.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Gadgets is getting butchered too, tbh. I'm hating the direction they are going with it.
    • Like x 2
  15. supalova20 Well-Known Player

OMG.....why do they miss the whole point.....Its a team based game.......TEAMWORK! not do it by yourself......geez....all people/noobs want to do is take easy street and get through it....you help your teammates...since 5-1-1-1 all you get is a teammate down and the person right next to him...a dps....won't pick him up cause he wants to just burn....better yet a man comes from all the way across the room to pick up a teammate because 5 ignorant dps won't pick him up and he is down right in front of them because they want to STUPIDLY BURN.....just a sad gaming community.....oh and A DEFENSE DEBUFFS is your so called burn replacing 2 dps you don't need....you need no more than 3 dps dude.....TEAMWORK
  16. BumblingB I got better.

As it should dictate our group makeup. If they forced the 2x4 by nerfing our abilities, that makes all content that they designed in the last 3 years a chore. Lacking mechanics, but painful to run.

If they leave the players alone, they can make content that would force the 2x4 team makeup. They have been sprinkling it in, but since CR Differential is king, we can start ignoring it quicker than intended. GOM and Throne come to mind.
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

I can't wait for the inevitable big bags of HP changes to bosses that will arise from the DPS stacking norm. It will be AF1 all over again.
  18. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

The only one of those four thats normally available in game to players is the soders, the other three require a purchase, the lair system. Does this mean that the F2P/Premium players are going to be handicapped from the get-go or will you look at just rolling lairs into the base game?

Just curious really.
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

Anyone serious about pushing content (lol) in this game will either subscribe or purchase both the lair system and utility belts. Casuals won't really have to worry about that stuff as content in this game is stupidly easy at release and only gets easier as you get gear.
  20. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

players just keep testing thanks.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.