Stats Revamp 1.3!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

I dont know what game you were playing but whats on test is nowhere even remotely close to what we played in 2011. Trolls werent locked in controlling a certain amount of ads with sad excuse of stuns passive pot wasnt a thing because we mastered the doubled tick pot. Skillpoints actually mattered not like this sad excuse for an update advertised. People didnt cry for pftt because we used weapons and powers because there was 0 power back. Power interaction actually meant something like ice encasing targets into ice cubes and then using resonating gale to blow them up(resonating gale is a pull now btw). What this update is, is vanilla combat system where all powers are the same just different colors.Wheres the canceling and clippin 2011!!!??? Not even close. this is vanilla combat.
    • Like x 2
  2. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

other then a few easy feats. there is no reason to run elite...the game is just to easy anymore. nothing to do. that's why, they came up with this...l...o...n..g...gring for a feat that needs 250 marks. and another 250 marks, for the second feat. and gen mods...no skill needed for them. just a long, boring grind. if they are going to make this a no skill needed game. just say so. ill move on. if they are going to make it a (as they were going to try) a skill needed game, (but gave up on 2x4) say so. they pretty much said, they made tanks, trolls, heal, stronger. better range. better shields. pot, just...happens. and save your (then just move on, crap) IF they are trying to save the game. this is not the way to do it. well, it might work for the casual player...but they don't speed the money the vets will. and the vets will leave...
    • Like x 2
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

5-1-1-1 is less skillful because like on life you can carry 2 dps players who arent doing anything.

That necessarily isnt the community, but the content design by default.
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

Also Hybrid is beating both PftT and Weapon only by a large margin. Simply because with PftT you are basically spamming 100 power cost powers until your big ones come off cooldown. And weapon only you are basically using big DoT and weapon buff but are 90% weapon.

With Hybrid you are pretty much having the best of both worlds. Using your big power moves first to a weapon buff, then using your weapon to deal damage while rebuilding your power bar and waiting for those big power moves to come off cooldown.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mystere Well-Known Player

YUP
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

PftT seems like a dead end. Long Live LPVE 2.0!
    • Like x 1
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

Hello Avair.

I have some feedback for you and for rest of developers working on Stats Matter.

1) Lower the cooldown of tanks' pulls to 1,5sec like Inescapable Storm and Frost Snipe and other powers similar to those, so we don't have problems with pulling splitted/separated enemies in 1 room.Otherwise we will be forced to play with 2 or 3 tanks.

2) Bring back Bitter Winds as tank shield so we don't need 2 healers to survive, besides the many shields of ice tank is what makes him unique, great and awesome !

3) TRINKETS :Let all trinkets have all the stats that they have right now on live or at least don't reduce the stats that they give,it's okay if you increase them.

4)ELITE BONUSES: Spending so many hours in elite raids for 1 or 2% more stats is very very frustrating ! So I strongly suggest you give us 5% for 2 elite pieces, 10% for 4 elite pieces and for 6 and 8 elite pieces bonuses keep the ones that we have now or improve them please.Or find something more usefull.
    • Like x 1
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Avair,
    I could not stress more that PftT is inferior in every way compared to Weapon clipping. Combos are going to be inferior to Weapon Clipping as well!

Too many CC effects have been removed from the game and now Atomic Combos and PftT in general cant control adds even a little bit where weapons can counter and cause knockbacks and knockdowns.

Every power set should get back their Knockbacks and Knockdown CC effects where they were previously removed from abilities. These are the simplest and short duration CC effects and will put PftT at a more even scale to Weapon clipping.
  9. sir_deadlock New Player

If it isn't what it's supposed to be, then design has to change. It's childish to think you can force somebody to have fun your way.

If somebody is laying down their hard earned money to play this game with everything unlocked, they should be allowed to play whatever role is most comfortable for them. If they don't want to invest in friendships and teamwork, don't force it. Give them a way to enjoy the content they're paying for.

People who enjoy challenge and complexity should not have enormous sections of a general audience game and sweeping changes geared in their favor.
    I think you'd agree that the general audience playing games these days are casuals, if only proven by your disgruntled behavior.
    What those scholarly individuals deserve are easter eggs. Hidden ways of doing things off the beaten path that gratify their lust for masochism and overcoming obstacles. And you might be saying "where's the incentive to improve?" and the answer is that there is none beyond self gratification. I'm not here for a journey of self improvement. Enjoy your easter egg, it's a challenge for you to enjoy. Maybe you get a special audio clip, title or a cosmetic item with no SP attached.
    • Like x 6
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

A thumbs up is not enough; you deserve a round of applause.
    • Like x 2
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Then please actually make it happen. Some of us understand true balance wont ever happen but competitive balance can happen. And some of us long time vets have been through this balance stuff many many times and it doesnt happen. But we keep being told it will. And for some of us we are at our end with it and are very frustrated. If 1 of 3 becomes the optimal play style and clearly better then the other 2 u are gonna have some upset people on your hands and the threads about balance will be a daily thing again. I dont mean to sound rude. Just some of us are sick of all the balance talk and it never happens. Evidence of this is nature and electricity in their current state for more then 2 years. So if the intention is 3 play styles and we actually will have a choice because they do similar dmg then please make it happen. If it isnt possible please do not keep saying this is how we want things to end up when it isnt even possible. For some of us "balance" is word that makes people cringe because of the past history. I for one hope u guys can make it happen this time. Good luck :)
    • Like x 2
  12. Tsuzura Well-Known Player

Are we going to have access to all our powers instead of just 15 in the real version or is it just a test server thing?
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    NPC breakout immunity, crowd control, and the rules governing NPC crowd control resistance feel inconsistent right now. It became very apparent while doing tank/controller crowd control testing in the Typhon Monster Invasion Zone. Here a couple of examples with the tank using Inescapable Pull and me using Paralyzing Dart on some Satyrs:

Video #1:

I was able to stun the Satyr four times in a row with Paralyzing Dart. A couple of those were right after the Satyr broke out from the stun effect. Only once did it resist a tank pull.

Video #2:

The Satyr resisted my second and third attempts to stun it with Paralyzing Dart. Based on Video #1, I was expecting my third stun attempt to work.

I'm not sure what the Satyr was breaking out of at 9 seconds. The control effect had already ended. It looks like it was trying to break out of its own lunge.

Several NPCs in Typhon Monster Invasion zone still break out of any crowd control effect within a couple of seconds and gain immunity to pulls/crowd control. Here is an example with a Minotaur:

It'd be nice to get some clarification on what the current NPC "resist" and "immune" rules are supposed to be in regards to crowd-control.
    • Like x 2
  14. LittleVC New Player

The true test of the revamp (and it FAILS miserably). If a CR 173, cannot go kick some Mist Infused Villains around WITHOUT getting killed, then there is a COLOSSAL issue.

For the record, 229 SP, CR 179, Sorcerer.

Yeah, there is a reason I do not play live anymore. I wasn't going to pay for a game that was that hard to keep CR up to par with, and now you come out with these future changes. Congrats on going broke Daybreak.
    • Like x 1
  15. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

At first, I was greatly disappointed when I testers were trying to use electric from play from the tray. But with this new work in progress update. I feel much better now. I like that you're listening and not everyone plays the same way. This is a step in the right direction but more testing still needs to be done. There is a lot of work to do and I look forward to the rest of the updates and results.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I would like to inquire to see if we get all the weapon buffs reverted back to medium powercost. With version 1.3 all the buffs were reverted back to their OG state being on the high power cost end of things.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The power costs are manageable, close to how they are on live servers. I don't see what more people want. Tanks are back to being tanks, they're no longer squishy, electric can solo heal raids at minimum cr, it was done earlier today in a raid that I SOLO trolled, felt great being able to actually empty my power bar because the instant power wasn't on a 3 second cooldown and I could clip it with all my debuffs while keeping my own power and everyone else's up. I tried clipping DPS with atomic, it felt very old school feel, just without the jump cancelling, like what more do you people want?

Yes some of the cooldowns are still an issue, and I feel raids could be buffed just a little more, Oly felt too easy, but overall this a BIG improvement compared to 1.2. In my opinion all they need to do is the following:

•Nerf power regeneration from weapons
    •Increase power back from trolls, with everyone having huge power pools, trolls should be dumping a lot more
    •Adjust cooldowns on some tank and healing abilities, mainly tank pulls
    •Increase passive power regeneration just a tad for PFtT
    •Increase potency of stat points. The 33℅ nerf wasn't necessary and actually rendered them somewhat useless. RnD and generator mods greatly over lap the stat buffs from sp
    •Buff raid damage just a little. 5111 should only be feasible by the skilled or overgeared, not casual people at minimum or recommend cr

If they did all of this, I believe the revamp will be in a perfect place, but nowhere as terrible as you're making it out to be either.
    • Like x 2
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Its looking a bit better but theres still a lot of work to be done, and to add to the things you said i'd like to see....

-Pi damage needs to be increased so theres more of a enfaces on having a correct setup/rotation. Right now i just use what hits hardest and always have at least one power that works off of a different pi then what i'm using and that works out better to maximize dps cause pi damage is so low it doesn't matter with some powers. Pi damage should be very important and what makes or breaks a good loadout from a bad one not oh well just take the 2 hardest hitting powers and rotate them regardless of any setup and do well.

-Buffs need to be brought back to the full 12 seconds. In some cases like a PftT style you really only get 3 seconds of usable buff time because of animation times and thats just silly. That was just something changed to say hey we changed this and was pointless imo.

-Specing into power to use more powers. Theres so much wrong with this system i would have to write a full page on it but heres one major issue. To be able to PftT you have to spec into so much power that your might stat is a lot lower then it should be and cause of that PftT just doesn't deal near the damage of a Compound playstyle (weapons and powers) and never will. Everybody should get the same power regen and not have to spec into power. There will be so many issues from this system when it hits live and it a terrible idea.

Why do we need power back anyway??? We never had it back in the day and made out just fine. Sure trolls were batteries but if we adjusted the troll roll right trolls could give us plenty of power without being batteries. Like i said a few times if PoT gave the majority of power to players that would ease up on the battery part of trolling. Also with no power back you would always need a troll and 2 in a raid and that adds to better gameplay all around cause then we're not just phasing out a role. You should need a troll for a alert and 2 for raids. People got spoiled with this AM power back crap and it needs to stop, but enough of that.

I usually have more but its late, i'm sure you know all my gripes from my past posts so i'll just leave this here so its not a page long lol.

If you really think about whats happening here its the same old stuff all over again. PftT = AM's, Weapon focused dps = WM and the compound playstyle is how real men play lol. PftT is just AM's without the big boom you still get you shoes tied and power back....same old stuff just a different update name. Not that thats really a bad thing i would like to see all playstyles be viable but they are just going about things wrong.
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Thanks man I appreciate it and i'm really trying to get electric some love. I've kinda just given up on the rest of the powers, all i really care about power wise is Nature, Electric and light the rest of the powers they can mess up whatever they want at this point lol
  20. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Who actually believes that pure Weapon based play and WM is viable?

WM's crit window has to be brought back to make this play style whole again. Just doing WM combos without attaching quick burst powers in the rotation seems poor and silly.

Bring back WM's crit window animation and mechanic but will smaller crit bonus. Problem Solved and that is how WM was meant to be played anyway.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.