Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Thanks man.. Its the only way to compete and bring balance... DOT is still inferior to Burst.. Now if Dots were BURST ticks with long cooldowns after 2 PI's id be fine with that as well.. But for the mean time, im trying to get some of these cooldowns shortened and the damage to be increased slightly.
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

I make a video one of these days.
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Trust me, I TOTALLY get your entire agenda and hey, you have your stance and you do what ya gotta do i guess. I asked for stats because NONE of us can reproduce what you do when you play because if you spent points into Might and I spent points into Power, we'll have different results. If you spent points into some Crits and not all, we'll have different results. We have 3 different playstyles on Test and you need to tell us which one you are using cause its confusing.

Now, your loadout is not full DoTs due to missing Electrogenesis because it is a DoT damage. Doesnt use the Electrified PI so I get why you wouldnt use it. You also have Wired which if THIS is your PftT loadout, you have already messed up since its not needed. You may be using it to clip Voltaic Bolt which kudos, it may work but spending a High Power Cost just to clip? Thats a waste of Power. If you're using it to increase Weapon Damage then its not a PftT loadout, its more of a Hybrid build. This is where the confusion comes in because we dont know what you are trying to do. What it looks like is you are trying to mimic the AM rotation on Live and if you are, it ISNT going to work and you're wasting time trying to accomplish that goal. The Power Bar will not sustain that and the cooldowns being lowered will not help out either.

Regarding your DoTs being on Cooldown. The DoTs last the same amount of time as their Cooldown, maybe a second off (cant remember atm). Once the ability is off cooldown, youll hit the ability again and the DoTs return. Tesla Ball, I agree, it should give at least 4-5 ticks to a target but IF IT DOES, then it'll most likely be balanced to where Tesla Ball becomes a weak attack whereas right now its one of the best abilities the power has. Remember, it lasts for 6 secs so any target that walks up into its range will get hit 3 times depending on where in the animation timer is. Asking for it to be on a shorter Cooldown will also bring a balance to it where it'll split damage too and possibly not even do DoT damage and become a Burst. Sure thats all speculation but its a pretty logical step I can see the Devs going with it.

Your theory on DoTs VS Burst is correct and I think the Devs know this as well and continue to monitor how the damage is going. Do you know how to help give this information? We need your SPEC. Skill Point Allocation, your Stats, what Mods you used. Literally EVERYTHING so its easier to determine what damage these attacks are doing. You are giving decent feedback but youre missing the KEY information that matters. You say the damage isnt the same as Burst but you dont give numbers. If youre gonna make a comparison you need to provide the numbers to back it up LIKE I've been saying. Visit the website DCUOLog.com and upload your combat log and show us the numbers.

I understand, you want DoTs back but DoTs came with the AM and the Revamp removes the AM BUT the DoT abilities are more than what we had pre-GU36 and are stronger. Help us help you. I want to have your back but you dont have a clear understanding whats going on and trying to stay with an AM mindset when you cant have that here. You need to drop that and work within these 3 playstyles. Playing with DoTs is there, but solely relying on it like how the AM works you'll be disappointed every time and gathering from your feedback, thats exactly whats happening. Hyrbid Elec might be the DoTs place with Elec now since DoTs will be going for 12 secs and thats 12 seconds of doing Weapon damage which also refills your Power bar so when the CDs are up, blow through your power and back to weapons. You might hate having to use Weapons but that might be how it is for now. Revamp testing will bring about constant changes and maybe down the road you may get your wish but for now, here in 1.3, this is what we got.

I want to help you with your rotation and loadout but I and other tester, ESPECIALLY the Devs, we need your Spec,SP allocation, all of it. The more detailed information given its better to determine damage and stuff.
    • Like x 3
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

But it is DoT heavy. I don't need the compare/contrast lesson. The reason everyone gives is it's a DoT class. There are 6 potential DoTs. How much more do people need?
    • Like x 5
  5. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Trex.. I respectfully diagree i know youre trying to help, but to constantly ASSUME i have no idea what im talking about is insulting. i have been using electric for years. I am not asking to bring back AMs once again, assuming. I stated AMs were better but no way did i state i wanted AMs back.. I prefer this way(TEST) ONLY bcuz of the vastly improved passive regen. Now you say my loadout isnt a DOT loadout? i have 3 dots, wired, arc, and SC... Pfft is a myth, either way you take it youll have to spend point hybridizing all powers in DPS role in order to keep up power.. WHY? bcuz it cost more to spend power then it ACTUALLY rebuilds back..

But for the sake of argument lets go with your theory and say my loadout isnt a DOT pfft loadout.. Lets say i swapped wired with Electrgenesis. Im assuming it takes 4 slots of DOTS, based on your theory, is what constitutes as a DOT loadout? Fine.. now i have 4 DOt moves in my loadout.. Electrogenesis, Voltaic Bolt, Electrocute, Tesla Ball, Arc, Supercharge. NOw when i spam all my DOts after PI of course, I will now have 3 MOVES on 12second COOLDOWN and a 6 second move on cooldown, which leaves me to do what now Trex? You guessed it! Spam my weapon attacks, until my moves are ready to be casted again.. Which now leaves me to think that the 8 seconds remaining of the time i have left before my moves come off cooldown, ill be using my weapon attacks as my DOT ticks, so far so good right? you following? Since youre so bent on my SP allocation, for hypothetical, lets say i spend 90 on Might rest on crit innates and Precision. Keep in mind WIRED buff ALONE is better than maxing out my MIGHT SP. Electrogenesis being the weakest DOT on the loadout, it doesnt reach NO WHERE near the TOTAL DMG potential of a WIRED AOE precision WEAPON attack... Im spending 8 seconds of my time spamming these weapon attacks while my DOTS are on cooldown and because they all have 12 second cooldown, i cannot recast them until they are finished which means what trex? Im still using my weapons. lol So thus majority of the time im using my weapons trex.. Thus why wired is replaced over Electrgenesis trex.

You keep focusing on my SP as if power is my issue. Power is not my issue. My issue is the COOLDOWNS..i cannot recast new dots on new targets until the cooldowns are over. Its not like that on LIVE, bcuz we can hit VOLTAIC BOLT and it will add DOTS to newer targets... Which MAKES MORE SENSE! THUS the reason,I am calling for the COOLDOWN reduction on VOLTAIC BOLT to 6 seconds, while still maintaining the 12ticks, similar to LIVE. You can call my build HYBRID, Pfft , WEAPONS., whichever floats your boat, there is still a FLAWS with eletric DOTS, thus most of my criticism is geared towards that and THAT ONLY. IDC for ELEC burst loadouts.

NO disrespect trex, but Stop telling people to focus on whats on test and to wait till later on down the line for another update for them to fix something when we electric players been waiting over 2 years for an update. IF, WE HAD listened to you when REVAMP 1.1, and 1.2 was out, listening to your same rhetoric, REVAMP 1.3 wouldnt be even half as good and power cost would still be SKY high, and passive regen would still be horrible. Its really disrespectful to the testers out here trying to contribute. We've been all crying for wired to by 12second buff and we got that in 1.3 revamp. The community feedback is necessary. The goal is for the community to RE-adjust what the devs do to the game.. The community has to speak on the issues on subject NOW or the devs wont come back to it till a year later...Nobody has time for that.. This my last response towards you bcuz i dont want to debate, i see you like to debate. Im only here posting the issues i have with ELECTRIC dots. I meant no disrespect to you at all. We just respectfully disagree on approach, even though once again, this is NOT your fight wait till rage update comes out..
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

You're right, Im sorry for pushing the playstyles that the Devs had given us upon you. I have been trying to help and yes, I like to have a healthy debate on topics because it opens both parties minds to different thinking which this, this right here, I was tryign to understand your standpoint but sadly, that will not happen. You speak on hypotheticals in your post instead of coming back to me tomorrow after providing real data to show me so i can reproduce it and give my feedback on it.

I hope you get Electric to where you feel is right for you but sadly so far, i just dont see you being happy with anything the Devs do. I'll take a look at a more DoT based rotation tomorrow which will most likely be a Hybrid build which is what DoT dealers are. You say this isnt my fight but in fact i play an Electric character and I do this for myself and also to show what the power can do for others. My feedback is just as valuable as anyone else's. All i was trying to do is understand your loadout and your spec to try it out and see how it goes. But sadly, you cant provide this data so I'll just have to move you and let you continue doing your thing and if it helps than great but if it doesnt, well I tried to help.

Good luck.
    • Like x 4
  7. Karasawa Loyal Player

Here's what changed as far as DPS goes. Electroburst is now a high cost, high damage ability and Overcharge is actually really good now!

Overcharge (22 samples)
    0.017s CD / 200 power
    CC: None (initial) / Knock Down (explosion)
    Targets: 1 (initial) / 1-8 (splits after 3) (explosion)
    Range: Long
    Shape: Ray (initial) / Sphere AoE (explosion)
    Effect: Explodes after [2 range taps] or [1 range tap & 1 damaging ability] or [2 damaging abilities] for double damage
    Damage: 3002-3346 (3174 average) (6348 w/ explosion)

Feedback: Holy moly, what a buff! The explosion is extremely easy to trigger now and it still nets you double damage. It'll do an average of 9522 damage on a group of 8. I like.

Electroburst (24 samples)
    3s CD / 300 power (used to be 200 power)
    CC: Knock Down
    Targets: 1-8 (splits after 3)
    Range: Short
    Shape: Small 360 AoE
    Old Damage: 6351-6844 (6598 average)
    New Damage: 8235-9065 (8650 average)

Feedback: Looks like this got changed into a high cost ability at 300 power. Damage was buffed by around 30%. Not bad.

Circuit Breaker
    50% SC
    Effect: 59.2% increased damage-out for 12 seconds

Feedback: I know spord said this was a 65% buff, but idk this is what I recorded. My Electrogenesis ticks went from 704 (it does the same damage every time) to 1121, which is a 59.23% increase.
    • Like x 4
  8. krytine Loyal Player

Between 80% to 90 % of its powers should be dots only nature and electric and as you like to put it you are an educated individual that test heavily and plays for multiple years. So you should get this when i say it its dots is what makes it unique and different from so many other powers. So yes keep as many dots as possible. For all i care one whole tree could be dots. So mister informed if you dont like dots then play a power that isn't. It gives more play choice this way. So again thank you for your great and informed intellect. But if you want burst heavy powers play ice mental gadgets those are all on test and i am sure you will love that much better. But those of use that are hard core electric love dots and want more faster set up and so on
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A little late to the party, but electoburst started out as just a regular burst power. It wasn't given the dot treatment until 2014ish.
    • Like x 2
  10. krytine Loyal Player

Well if i remember right it was a bu4st and hot originally on power release. But it was considered to op to have both.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Thanks for testing these. I haven't been on test or live very much. Electroburst has had it's damage and power cost played around with. I feel like it is a tad underpowered for a melee ability but I dont know your SP distribution.

So you don't need to stack Overcharge?
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

80-90% of its powers should be DoTs? Yeah, I don't think 80-90% of players will agree with you on that. I thought that was the main complaint with Electricity AM, too many DoTs to set up. Without a sustaining mechanic, setting multiple DoT every 12 seconds will be a damage loss.

Are you testing or just offering your superior opinion?
    • Like x 3
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

80-90%?

No, electric should be like how its always been from the beginning at launch which had a wide variety of burst and DoT. Its not its Dots that make it unique, but rather its balance between DoTs and Burst that made it so unique. And having that balance and options combined with this new gameplay allows electric to be one of the most diverse powers on test right now.

Adding more DoTs than we have righ now to be almost completely dots on everything would ruin that.
    • Like x 5
  14. Maxwill Committed Player

So whatever powers had untill 2014ish they should have it now again?I don't understand your point...
  15. krytine Loyal Player

Your opinion i can respect that but will agree to disagree
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

My test spec has 10,012 Might. I tried to get it as close to 10k as I could. Electroburst's damage appears to be in line with other high cost moves, though it is a melee range ability of course. Maybe spord can tell us if it gets a melee damage bonus.

You can stack Overcharge but you would have to cast it 3 times in a row consecutively before the first stack will explode. The best way to get the explosion to occur is to cast Overcharge then do a range tap clipped with any damaging ability. Or just do a Solar Flame clipped with anything. Or just do 2 range/melee taps. If you use your weapon even just a little bit you're going to get the explosion to occur easily.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Electrogenesis and Electroburst were shoe-horned into the AM, trying to make it like Nature. By removing the AM, it appears Spord is restoring some of what used to be which actually worked. Read the Gadget revamp to know that the changes to Electricity are mild.
    • Like x 1
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Hybrid loadout:
    Electrogenesis, Arc Lightning, Voltaic Bolt, Electrocute, Tesla Ball, Megavolt (Supercharge)

Spec: (Might VIII and Health/Power VIII Mods)
    20% Crit Attack Chance
    40% Crit Attack Damage
    23926 Power (w/ 119 Skill Points in the Power Stat Innate)
    9058 Might
    8910 Precision

Rotation:
    Electrogenesis > Arc Lightning > Voltaic Bolt > Electrocute > Tesla Ball > Weapon Combos (til Cooldowns are done) > Megavolt (boss fights)

First test with a Hybrid build late last night. I didn't mess much with my Stats because sleep was calling me but in this build I had the majority of my Points in the Power Stat. This is the same build I use for PftT testing and changed my loadout and used my weapon to regen my Power Bar. Concept of this build was to unload my abilities and while they were on Cooldown, use my Weapon Attacks to continue damage and refill my Power bar. This loadout is for DoT purposes and let me breakdown the abilities.

Electrogenesis - Starts the DoT rotation. Since it doesnt gain the benefit of extra damage from the Electrified PI its good to start off with this power. Even casting it the enemies wont acknowledge you since the first DoT doesn't hit until by the time you cast Arc Lightning.

Arc Lightning - Starts the Electrified PI, self heals and stuns targets. Bounces to multiple targets (keep forgetting to see how many targets it hits to find a max number) and gives them the PI.

Voltaic Bolt - Will do instant damage in a small area of the target and it does split then gives a DoT to the targets. Extra damage done with the Electrified PI.

Electrocute - AOE DoT damage so if the target moves to you and you are out of its field, be sure to stay local in the storm so the target(s) dont leave it my mistake. Extra damage done with the Electrified PI.

Tesla Ball - Will do 3 ticks of damage to each target and damage will not split (thats a good thing). If a new target comes into range during the animation they will receive damage as well. Targets will be stunned too. Extra damage done with the Electrified PI.

Megavolt - Im still very new using this SC and havent used it enough to see what it does besides burst damage and then applies a DoT. But hey, more DoTs! Extra damage done with the Electrified PI.

Overall:
    First time using this load out and using weapons in between. Clearly this was a MUCH smoother run that I've experienced in the playstyles in this instance. Of course using both types of damage is going to make things burn quicker and this was just the Spec I went with. I plan to try Full Might, Full Precision, then a Mix of Might/Precision. This is gonna take a while to set up on my test toon lol all the armories!

Using a pure DoT load out, you'll find it shine here in the Hyrbid playstyle since while everything is on Cooldown, you use your weapon and not stand there using the dance emote. More variations of the Hybrid testing will be looked at through the weekend as time permits. Hope it helps folks.
    • Like x 2
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

FYI.. MY BUILD IS ALMOST 90% IDENTICAL to what u had.. Those cooldowns are annoying i know lol.. That was what i was saying. Most electric Dot players know what im talking about.. Its not as smooth as live, because of all the cooldowns on test. On live i can recast dots by using 1 VOLTAIC bolt.. If Voltaic bolt cooldown was reduced to say 6 seconds(while still maintaing its 12 second tick just like LIVE) and tesla was reduced to 3 seconds, it would BE SUPER SMOOTH!.. Good video none the less. Hope this brought more insight to what i was trying to portray.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

i didnt find them too annoying, Ive played DoT classes in WoW so i know rotations in that regard. The purpose of DoTs here in DCUO is cast them thenuse your weapon which makes it a strong Hybrid Power if players choose this type of playstyle. In order for Voltaic Bolt to have a lower cooldown, you have to remember the balance with it. Shorter Cooldown means smaller Power Cost and with a smaller power cost the smaller the damage. One of the things in the Revamp was to have Powers not add a PI and perform extra damage at the same time (I actually think theres an ability in another Power that actually does this) so having Voltaic Bolt refresh DoTs Im doubtful will happen. Its a Larger attack doing large damage so the Cooldown on it matches the other Powers with similar attacks. Of course its up to the Devs and itsnice it has its DoTs back but again, Im doubtful they'll make Voltaic Bolt that OP to refresh which then basically becomes the AMagain where you only need to hit Voltaic Bolt and not another Ability. Thats the kind of playstyle the Devs are steering away from.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.