Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I stated which Powers I used, Shockwave is Low, Arc Lighting medium.

Please Read my post before you reply, because I would've stated If I used any high power cost abilities.
    • Like x 1
  2. L T Devoted Player

I can totally relate to this. I've been playing 3 years, which is probably a shorter time than a lot of folks that read these forums... but when I log into test everything works in a very unfamiliar way, and on top of that there's all these different options for making a build... I find it disconcerting.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Curious why you used those two powers specifically. Did you use anything else?
    • Like x 1
  4. L T Devoted Player

I did in fact read your post. The other 4 slots on your load out were blank? You restricted yourself from using them? It seems very strange to me that you would try to fight a boss using only 2 powers. Have you tried other powers?

And my original question remains: How much might to you need to have in order to beat her? What CR do you need to be?
    • Like x 1
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No I did not use anything else. Let me ask you this: If I'm running out of power just using one medium and one low power cost Ability, why would I consider using anything else beyond that? I would just run out of power more quickly and probably struggle even further.
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

Also, Shockwave leverages Polarized enemies while Arc Lightning only Electrifies enemies. You're losing out on 10% dermage!
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Refer to my post above, With the way power regeneration works on test; If you use anymore abilities then two I've mentioned, you're gonna run out of power faster.
    In a Boss Fight like Artemis, you need to keep power conserved in-case you need to break out from her Pull and escape from her Fire Aoe.
    So yeah I could use more abilities, but I'm trying to play from the tray; meaning sustain my power bar to not use weapons, If I can't do that with just two abilities on test right now, that's not playing from the tray.

And to Answer your other two questions: I don't know how much might you'll need to beat Artemis, considering Avair said that you'll want to have power as your priority in a PFTT style; I barely spec'd into any might.
    I've been able to beat her within the Entry CR 166(Fully modded) but everytime I beat her it was always a close call.

I can try to explain this further, but it'd be better for you to test this out if I'm still not making any sense.
    • Like x 1
  8. Maxwill Committed Player

Tasla Ball's dot is a joke, that's like smaller than half dot, actuall dots last for 12 seconds, tesla ball doesn't like for more than 5 seconds.Also VB's dot is too weak, cooldown is too long.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

Tesla Ball is the best move Electricity has atm.
    • Like x 1
  10. Maxwill Committed Player

Which proves my point, electricity dps is so weak,too weak !
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  12. Maxwill Committed Player

Probably? You should do more testing and compare dps powers and how much damage they do in total and how much damage does each every second.I say this coz you are wrong.If we would have sparring targets I would show you a video.
    • Like x 2
  13. Maxwill Committed Player

Don't get me wrong ,I don't want tesla ball to be removed , all I want is for Electroburst's dot to come back.
    • Like x 1
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

Where do you get off coming at me with that attitude? Do more testing. Look at yourself before you criticize others.
    • Like x 1
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

You're gonna need to post some gameplay video, combat log data or something. If your are going by the damage from the Scoreboard then you're looking at false information. Elec DoT is pretty decent and I just recorded new footage with a new loadout I'll try and have up tomorrow.

Also, telling someone to do more testing when they've been very vocal about the testing changes and provide in depth data more than another person. Not a very smart move ;) We are all here to give feedback and responses and lets make sure to give it without criticizing another person. It doesnt help anyone, especially the Devs. As with all feedback, please provide data. i highly recommend DCUOLog.com if you want to show off some Combat Log numbers.
    • Like x 4
  16. L T Devoted Player

Just finished the Shades Solo using a play from the tray set-up.

my loadout was:
    static push - arc lightning - tesla ball - voltaic bolt - electrostatic bomb - circuit breaker

It was a good deal harder and slower than clipping weapon attacks. I *DID* need to use occasional weapon attacks, since no powers can block break or interrupt, but I only used them for obvious counters.

I used 150 skill points. I spent 70 on power, 40 on might, and 20 each on crit damage and crit chance. When you spend a lot of skill points on a single stat, you start seeing a much much bigger return. This makes having lots of skill points matter more, but encourages single-stat-focused builds.

I ran short on power against both Faust and Artemis, but I never died. I just pretty much held block until passive regeneration allowed me to use powers again. Sodas refilling my power bar were like damage boosts. In boss fights i'd use some variant of soda -> arc lightning/circuit breaker -> tesla ball -> vbolt -> static push -> e bomb and that would eat a big chunk of the boss' health. I think megavolt would have been a better supercharge to use for powers-only, but I wanted to play with the improved circuit breaker.

It was OK, but personally I didn't find it very fun. I didn't like waiting to get my power back. I had to use a supply drop once. I think it would actually be better if I had to trade a load-out spot for a power regen power like in stats 1.0 because then I could actually do something to trigger getting more power as opposed to waiting patiently.
    • Like x 1
  17. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

That is how i felt with the last round. I have not been on since this new set was put on yesterday to see if it has changed....will not be on till tonight or tomorrow. Question though, why static push....you are using an electrified lo except for static push which is polerazied. Unless that has changed and I missed it.
  18. L T Devoted Player

Probably not an ideal load out. I used static push and Ebomb because I like Ebomb's 3 hard hits, and I liked having the supercharge generator because I liked using circuit breaker a lot. A better loadout probably would have been something like:

Arc Lightning - Electrocute - Tesla Ball - Voltaic Bolt - ionic drain - megavolt

Also, in hindsight things probably would have gone faster if I'd spent fewer skill points on Might and more on Power, because even with 40 skill points put in might each point is only giving single digit increases, but after spending 70 points in power each skill point is giving much more.
    • Like x 1
  19. Maxwill Committed Player

Do you think I am a new player with 60 sp? or old player who got 300 sp and doesn't know how to play all powers all roles?
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

I don't care. I know you haven't been reading enough to know that I wrote both a Sorc and Electricity damage summary already. And apparently you haven't read enough to know why Tesla Ball is so good. All you're focused on is "it doesn't have 12 ticks!!!!"
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.