Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supalova20 Well-Known Player

tested last night....WIRED really needs to tick the whole 12 seconds cooldown devs....seriously.....how you gonna get weapon damage with 6 ticks that's almost the time it takes for it to animate......just please change Wired to a 12 second tick!
    • Like x 3
  2. krytine Loyal Player

I am disappoint on ionic drains animation.
    2. Dont like that electroburts no longer does damage in healer role
    3. We healers need more options with powers that also do damage i.e. overcharge static bomb teslaball and electroburst should have a healing and damage component to each of them
    4. Wired should be active for at least 3/4 of the cool down time
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I agree all weapon buffs should last their duration of the cooldown.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Alright. I'm done with testing Electric.
    I think it's in a good place for DPS. My posts just ask for a change to Overcharge to become like Shockwave but for electrified dps.

I do not really agree with the healing bonus change and the bio cap heal being weakened.
    I do not think Arc Lightning is functioning as intended.
    The excessively low numbers for healing... no bueno on my end lol. Please return the healing bonus and buff resto's strength.
    Those npcs are like paper now and need to be buffed again.

Other than that, I'm fairly pleased with electric.
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Make The PI and other Buff duration back to 12 seconds while you're at it.
    WM at least takes about 2-3 seconds alone to complete some combos; so this won't be viable for Hybrid with WM if you wanted to go that route.
  6. Karasawa Loyal Player

I'm almost positive that PI's still last 12 seconds. It's just the weapon buffs that are 6 seconds.
  7. UnFriendMe New Player

My 2 cents (forgive me as I don't have the power names memorized so if/when I get them wrong) and I'm only going to comment on healing with electricity for now:
    1. Healing is too weak. I have 21K restoration and I'm healing worse than a cr 46 on Live (exaggerating). If the "big" numbers don't provide "big" results, give me a little number instead.

2. LOVE the range improvement on the powerset. This was the only power you use to have to be right next to someone to tag them with galvanize, electroburst so this is awesome to be able to maintain a safe distance.

3. Shields last .05 secs (sarcasm!)? That won't do! The cool down is way longer than the shields last (double or triple? maybe more). I still think damage intake to shields should be concurrent with restoration (10k resto = 10k damage in before a shield is destroyed) plus a reasonable cool down time. Seems shields are either crushed in a few hits (especially bosses if they even survive one hit) or they're gone before you've even realized you cast the power. I don't know how shields work for controllers (and I haven't tried any... yet for the revamp anyways) but they've always been better than healer shields. I mention because whatever's done with theirs should be done with a healers as the durability seems substantially better.

Things I'd like to see make a comeback:
    I miss when tesla ball travelled along the ground and electrocuted and stunned enemies. That was my setup for electroburst.
    I miss electroburst giving H.O.T..
    I miss being able to stack biocapacitor (however you spell it) up to three times and invigorate having a stacked heal as well (below 35% heal trigger).

All that said, I like the power. It's still flashy and fun! You guys are doing a great job with these changes, keep up the great work! ^_^
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I won't quote your whole post but it appears that Electrogenesis has been reverted to its pre-AM functionality which I am overjoyed about. Back in day, Electricity took out the trash and was amazing in Gates and FOS1 and 2. I think with the VB changes I can bend on the reduction for Electroburst.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

I could be wrong, but I believe they last a little longer now. Frostbite seemed to last about 18s. Please do not quote me on that.
  10. L T Devoted Player

I did some testing of Electric healing with Penryn last weekend and forgot to post about it.

Electroburst, Bio Cap, Bio Surge, and Flux are now render distance but line-of-sight. Big improvement there, though you'll still have to be aware of your position as statues, columns, and the like can block your heals.

Galvanize seems a bit weaker than live, but it's only medium power cost. To be fair, it's very hard to get a sense of how effective it is from a duo.

Cool downs are reduced to the point where I could spam heals in a pinch. There didn't seem to be any one "oh crap" heal. Unlike Live where your load out is full of them. Healing someone from less than half health was something of a process.

I wasn't fully specced for healing-- not ally skill points were spenr, I'd unlocked three weapon trees and spent quite a few on DPS stats, so heals will probably feel stronger then I'm describing. That having been said, Invigorate was useless as a 100% supercharge. On top of that, the supercharge generator doesn't heal. Electrogenegis was a nice little background HOT that won't save anyone's life but will likely smooth things out overall.

Arc Lightning was the only damaging power on my load out. I'd characterize my damage output as "Less Than Dismal".
    • Like x 2
  11. L T Devoted Player

What would be really coolbis if Static Push were changed to give a burst heal when used against polarized enemies. That would give Electric a polarized healing ability, make the supercharge generator useful for healing, and bring back the PI bases heals that are so glaringly absent
  12. krytine Loyal Player

It seems that the devs dont care to much about the healing side of electric. Most improvements were done only to the dps side examples
    1. We no longer do damage with electroburst. It no longer has a hot
    2. A one time they took our 4 man heal away
    3. We have almost no interaction ablities now even though we always did.
    3.no supercharge bulder in healer stance that works for healers
    4. Basically if yo7 want to heal your only choice to help with damage will be your weapon and then you will have to use the weapon buff but it only last 6 seconds
    5. Cant canc3l out of ionic drain like we can in live
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

1. True, healing abilities dont do damage. I see why folks want it returned to contribute in Solo and Duo content.
    2. Not sure how this was suppose to be said. What heal did they take away?
    3. The BioPower Interaction was actually introduced in GU36 with the introduction of AMsso with AMs gone, it was logical that would be gone too.
    3. Agreed. The SC Gen abilities should be usable in both Roles.
    4. Sounds about right. Healers are to heal, not really deal damage but like i said above, in Solos and Duos I get wanting to contribute.
    5. I dont think any of the executes will be canceled anymore. Also its not worth it in Heal Role anymore.
  14. Celestial Powers Committed Player

With that logic Ritualistic Word should get removed, turn sacrificial offering back into the 4man HoT with power back to the pets and turn fury back the way it was before GU36 - No big damage spurts.

Oh... that would now ruin the power set wouldn't it?

All in all, if they keep the way it is now electric probably wouldn't suffer as badly, just need to increase the restoration stats which what Sage was saying previously.
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

I havent looked at Sorcery healing yet so I cant comment on it and right now healing numbers are fine with what I did in Oly Reg. When they increase the NPC damage (which it kinda needs) then healing numbers will need to go up or keep the healing as it is and raise the NPC damage and see how that looks. #ForTesting
  16. Karasawa Loyal Player

I played around a bit with the healing side of things. I won't comment on the actual strength of heals (which are low), but I can say that the usability/functionality of many abilities got a major upgrade. Galvanize got a huge range increase and Electroburst is actually usable now.

I've been pretty open-minded with the 18 sec cooldown on Biocap, but now I can say for sure I would prefer if it got a lower cooldown even if the strength of the heals had to go down. It's a cool ability and I want to be able to use it more ya know? On that topic, Electroburst and Biocap seem slightly redundant as they're both 4 man burst heals. Maybe Electroburst could be a 4 man hot instead of 4 man burst?

Electrogenesis got a sizable range increase, which is nice. However, I think most of us would have preferred that it apply an aura on you and the lowest health group member instead. I understand that you want abilities to do similar things in both roles and I get that the DPS version applies damaging auras on the two closest enemies so it makes sense the Healer version applies healing auras on the two closest group members.. but please just make an exception in this case. You can take back the range boost if we can just get it to apply to the lowest health group member.
    • Like x 2
  17. krytine Loyal Player

The heal and damage is electroburst with electrified enemies has been this way from the begining. It has been my hope that the devs would have realized Electric healers were in fact the one healer that could do damage when the power was released. Now an example back in t3 and t4 my electric healer in full healer gear could do near 50% the damage of a good dps. And if you think about it if all roles could do about half the damage as a dpswhile doing there role would only benefit all raids not just solos and duos. It would promote more players to be able to play there role as well as dps.
    • Like x 2
  18. Only Forever Level 30

Now its going right way, just need to fix some Coldowns (especialy in healer mode) and adjust some PI.
    lets continuing testing
  19. Only Forever Level 30

Bugs? and PI
    PI (power interaction) doing less dmg then a single Power
    Example: Electrogenesis doing 800 dot, Voltanic 360 dot. Voltanic with Arclighting doing 460 dot
    so some pi will cost more to do less dmg? (wich isnt worthed and makes no sense)
    for now only one PI making sense, the rest of them need a fix.

is it a bug or its part of new 1.3 revamp?:
    i was in solo (amazon fury) CR 178 and was testing some powers, wich one of them did 4-4,5k
    then i decided to remove a piece from my gear, my cr's went down to 167
    and i continued do 4k, so i decided to remove another piece my cr went down to 153
    and i still did 4k, the only thing that changed was my health going down faster.
    is that right?

BTW, thx for return with voltanic DOT and of reductions of Coldown and power costs ( DPS Role )
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Play from the Tray loadout:
    Arc Lightning, Tesla Ball, Electrocute, Voltaic Bolt, Electrogenesis, Ionic Drain

Spec:
    20% Crit Attack Chance
    40% Crit Attack Damage
    24499 Power (w/ 120 Skill Points in the Power Stat Innate)
    9118 Might

Been enjoying DPSing with Electricity. With the DoT back on Voltaic Bolt decided to put it back in the rotation.

Arc>Tesla Ball>Voltaic Bolt>Electrogenesis / Electrocute is used in AOE fashion and when Power is free to be used and Ionic Drain is the execute.

The rotation I used wrong of course since its smarter to use the Longer Cooldown Abilities first but still got the job done.

I would still like Tesla Ball to do maybe 4-5 Ticks of damage instead of the 3 due to the animation length of 6 Secs which matches the Cooldown. But if an enemy mob does show up late and the Ball is still active, that new mob gets hit so the Length I do like, just wished it did more you know?

Voltaic Bolt instant damage and then the DoTs was nice. Hopefully this helps out those who wanted Electric to be more DoT focused again. In essence this is what I imagine a DoT based loadout would be with the Electrified Power Interaction. I think maybe one more weekend of testing with this loadout looking at other abilities then I'll be looking at a Polarized PI loadout.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.