Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Thats my point bro.. You said it yourself...

"The only reason you may think elec doesn't have variety on live is cause so many things aren't included in the power back mechanic."
    -Crappy heals

Test has wayyyy more variety bcuz all moves can be used to receive power back and all damages have been readjusted. You can actually choose between Burst loadouts(which still needs improvement but is better atm than DOTS) or DOTS(which what im fighting for to improve).. you cant choose between the two on LIVE.. Burst loadouts suck on LIVE. The DOTS suck on LIVE.

Secondly, Electro charge power interaction + WIRED(broken group buff that always put us at a disadvantage smh) is what gives ELETRIC that high DOT.. Test is missing that. which i stated in my suggestions for improvements... not coming at you, but i feel like TEST eletric could be LIT if they buff the DOTS, decrease the cooldowns on some of the moves(voltaic bolt mainly), decrease the cost for VOLTAIC BOLT to 200, gives us back shockwave(eletric PI ) and static push and finally, add back the electro charge power interaction.. Im team eletric DOTS all day everyday.. Im fighting the same fight.. Im actually bout to hop on again.. TRY IT..

TEAM ELETRIC DOTS till i die!!
    • Like x 3
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I agree that all buffs should be self buffs but i don't like how they are only 6 seconds, you barely get any real usage out of them like that.

And not all the powers getting power back on live was a stupid but easily corrected issue and instead of messing with all the pi's, dots and other things if electric was just simply left alone on test it would have been fine cause you wouldn't have had to worry about power back mechanics.

In quick add fights i use to use a loadout of just push and electrocute cause it was fast burst and still had good dots but those days are gone :(
    • Like x 2
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I like the change to e-gen for healing but I still feel it's flawed. The second aura goes to the closest person to you, what if we made it so it went to the person with the lowest health or farthest from you. That way there's a better chance of it going somewhere more useful or to the tank. It's kinda no good if the person with the other aura is standing right next to you.
    • Like x 4
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I wanted to make a PftT Electrified LO but once you cast Arc Lightening, Electrocute, VBolt and Tesla Ball there is nothing else AoE to spam.

I think Spark barrage should be changed to work with Electrified PI rather than Polarized. So there is a spam able AoE for PftT.

Overcharge seem more suitable to use along with weapon clipping and should probably be changed to work with Polarized PI.

Both Dps Supercharges - Circuit Breaker and Megavolt should at least apply a PI.
    Circuit Breaker's text still says that it does direct damage but the instant damage component seems to be removed and now only the buff effects are left.

Ionic Drain has much better animation at Live server, where you lift your hand in the air and channel bolts of lightnings around you (I think this is healers' version). I like that version of Ionic Drain much more than the pulse beam one that is currently on Test. I dont get why all "Finishers" have to be all the same beam or ray type animations.
    • Like x 5
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Electroburst should apply damage if that heal is gonna be low.
    I do think that fractured burst on Electrostatic Bomb should either be a heavy dot or a burst. I'm leaning toward a heavy burst as well.
    Just make Tesla Ball a 6 tick dot to account for it.

I've had time to really get to heal an Elite Raid.
    I must say I'm still sticking by what I said though I am not totally displeased.
    I like how fluid electric is in healing. I do not like the decreased healing bonus but I will live.

Good job so far spord.
    • Like x 2
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I fully 1000% agree with you on all your points, especially the part in red.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Shock wave should be the electrified burst and push should be for polarized but you know stats matter update:confused: Thats one thing that NEEDS to be done imo. The super builder needs to be removed from push so we can use it as a viable burst power.
    • Like x 2
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Arc Lightning doe not say anything about a stun in the explanation.

[IMG]

I can almost play from the tray with 11k power.

Something is off. The animations are very clunky, not fluid and very underwhelming.

Repulse is one of the very bad new animations. The timing is way off.
    Watch the electric explosion and you will see that it is going off on the stomp not after the punch.
    That move should be stomp, punch and then the explosion.
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Iconic drain???? What the heck did you do to that animation?
    The animation on live is 100% better than what you have here on test.
    There is nothing ICONIC about the animation for iconic drain. It looks like pulse beam.

The supercharge builders are worthless & need to go. I tried using both the super charge builder, supercharge and it was a waste of two spaces in the load out.

The only way to make these even viable is to cut the supercharges cool downs and % of super cost by at least 1/2 and speed up the super charge builders speed. If you don't then the time spent on supercharges, supercharge builders and supercharge mods from the TC are going to be a total waste of time.
  10. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Shockwave ( power cost 100/712 ) is using twice as much power the other 100 powers.
    Shockwaves power usage is not consistent and taking big jumps every few seconds.

The animation for spark barrage works about 30% of the time.
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I thought about it but I think that Attract and Shockwave look well together for a more weapon based Polarized loadout.

ShockWave and Spark Barrage, both should have a CC component. Some Knockback effects are due.

BTW, the best loadout I could come up with so far is this mixed PI one with Solar Flare clipping:
    Arc Lightening, Electrocute, VBolt, Tesla Ball, Attract, Shockwave.

It works like: Solar Flares clipped with 1-2-3-4-5-6-6.

By the time you get to Attract, Electrified PI will expire and at the end you do 2 Solar Flares clipped with Shockwave before restarting the rotation. Spec all SP in Crits+Might and what is left in Power. Blue Generator Base mods MUST be all Power and some extra mixed Might+Power gear mods could help too.

Static Push is doing much less damage than Attract and swapping something for Megavolt SC will do less damage in long run, imho.

If someone is super low at SP or dont want to invest in Power stat at all he can just go with Shield's 3 ranged Hold attacks and :
    Attract, Wired, Shockwave, Static Push, Ionic Drain, CircuitBreaker.

Spec SP all in Crits + Precision and what is left in Might. Shield weapon attacks will do great damage and give you time to recover a lot more power that Hand Blasters spam.
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

it's not iconic drain....it's IONIC drain. As in it drains your ions

no icon.

but i agree with you, i much rather prefer the live animation to ionic drain. Much cooler and would be a great heal for this update if they put it back to how it is on live. Maybe add the ability to move while it's being channeled in healer role.

That'd be awesome
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Hey guys, the video below is from Olympus Raid using the 3+5 Format Solo healing the raid (Fatal tricked me! :p).

Loadout and Spec:
    Bioelectric Surge, Galvanize, Bio-Capacitor, Flux, Electrogenesis, Group Transducer (Supercharge)

20% Crit Healing Chance
    40% Crit Healing magnitude
    17735 Health
    20102 Power (w/ 50 Skill Points in the Power Innate)
    11677 Restoration (w/ 68 Skill Points in the Resto Stat Innate)

So I had fun, lets get that out of the way. Sure at times I was a bit bored and even felt I was doing something wrong because my Power Bar was hardly spent but of course when crap hit the fan, it was all gone lol. Seeing all those green numbers was awesome but visually seeing the numbers themselves was kinda meh.

- When a player dies but then gets back up, its a struggle to get their health back up to even half because as a healer, you have the fear of them dropping again so you dump a lot of power to spam your heals to get them up
    - Flux animation was a bit broken. I couldn't see it on any person when I cast it so Im not sure how effective it was in fights.

The logic I think why this Resto bonus nerf happened was because Tanks are tankier now and Shield strength was increased and then the NPC damage was reduced. With these two now a factor Im thinking the Healing didnt need to have those big numbers. As an example, no reason to heal a tank for 10K when they only took maybe 2K damage. Of course, Burst heals are there for kinda that reason in those oh crap moments.

Although the numbers were pretty small, folks lived, power consumption wasnt too terrible and in the end, I was pleased with myself even with my own doubts of properly healing this Raid with my knowledge on the healing side pretty small.
    • Like x 5
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

PftT is possible but not very fluid, and since many 200 cost powers have long coodowns and like wise with the 300 power cost moves it is not fun at all. When I mean PftT, I mean literally not using your weapon at all. And IMO ice and mental are more PftT friendly

Weapon only suffers very much due to weapon buff lasting for a short time. IMO its better than PftT, but still underpowered from hybrid play.

My weapon loadout: Electrocute, Voltaic bolt, Electrogenesis, static push( with extended supercharge), wired, Circuit Breaker.
    With power and precision mods

Pretty much goes very well as I cast the first 3 in under 5 seconds, then static push and wired, by then power bar is empty and I just spam weapon combos until power is back repeat.

Not sure if Circuit Breaker is working properly. Wired as stated above needs its duration extended. Electrogenesis, needs a buff or power interaction.

Hybrid play:

My hybrid loadout: Electrocute, Voltaic bolt, arc lightning, Ionic Drain, Static push(with extended supercharge), Megavolt. With might and power mods, precision and health for blue.

Simply put, the best way to play both damage wise and powerset wise. You can mix and go with a polarized loadout, but point being that right now on test hybrid is more damage efficient than the other 2 playstyles.
    • Like x 2
  15. xD25x Dedicated Player

Flux shield hasn't been seen on players, on 8 man content, for quite some time.
    • Like x 1
  16. Swiftduck Loyal Player

well perhaps now is a good time to fix that.
    • Like x 1
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

This is the original animation of ID.
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

My unpopular opinion.
    Electrogenesis damage is fine as it is a cheaper power cost than VB and Electrocute. Increasing damage means increasing power cost.
    Electrocute's damage is fine. It is the highest of all the DoTs in the power set
    PftT is only possible with a primarily Polarized LO. One should be able to rotate with Repulse, Attract and Shockwave. Possibly Spark Barrage as well. Their intent is that you use lower cost powers for this play style. The real conundrum is ESB. I feel it only plays into a hybrid polarized LO but some might be able to make it work.
    • Like x 2
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

This will be a long post. I tested the damage range and function of all Electricity DPS abilities.

My spec had 10,012 Might and I made sure to unequip Escalating Might, Penetrating Strikes, Core Strength, Max Damage, and any League Hall buffs. I tried to gather at least 20 samples and I excluded crits as well as hits while NPCs were blocking. All abilities were tested without PI. Add 10% to calculate the damage with PI.

I included my personal feedback on a few abilities.

Electrifies Enemies:

Arc Lightning (20 samples)
    3s CD / 200 power
    CC: Stun
    Targets: 1-7 or 1-9 (does *NOT* split damage)
    Range: Long
    Shape: Ray
    Effect: Jumps from initial target to 6 others, then up to 3 more targets if it passes back through you (requires close range)
    Damage: 3445-3785 (3615 average)

Feedback: This ability does not split damage due to its design. Thus, it can inflict 32,535 average damage on 9 targets with a single cast. Not sure how balanced this is. Is it possible to have it do decreased damage after hitting the first 2 targets?

Leverages Electrified:

Overcharge (38 samples)
    0.017s CD / 200 power
    CC: None (initial) / Knock Down (explosion)
    Targets: 1 (initial) / 1-8 (explosion)
    Shape: Ray (initial) / Large Sphere AoE (explosion)
    Effect: Explodes after [9 range taps] or [4 range taps & 4 damaging abilities] for double damage
    Damage: 3011-3347 (3179 average)

Feedback: This ability pretty much requires weapon usage in order to get the most out of it so it only benefits Hybrid specs. I dislike this ability because I feel it makes you jump through too many hoops in order to get that double damage. Please rework the functionality of this ability. I would very much like to see it just turned into a spammable AoE that leverages Electrified enemies.

Tesla Blast (21 samples)
    0.017s CD / 100 power
    CC: None
    Targets: 1
    Damage: 4868-5358 (5113 average)

Tesla Ball (21 samples)
    6s CD / 200 power
    CC: Stun
    Targets: 1-8 (does *NOT* split damage)
    Shape: Large Sphere AoE
    Effect: 3 dot ticks
    Damage: 2207-2466 (2337 average) (7010 average x3)

Feedback: This is another ability that does not split damage due to its design. With 1 cast on a group of 8 adds Tesla Ball hit 25(?) times for a total of 58,405(!) damage. This seems abusable.

Ionic Drain (226 samples)
    [Vulnerable to Interrupt]
    4.4s CD / 200 power
    Targets: 1
    Effect: 7 tick finisher
    Damage: 888-1057 (973 average) (6808 average x7)
    Under 35%: 1688-2288 (1988 average) (13,916 average x7)

Feedback: This is in regards to Healer role, but I really do miss the old animation. I understand why it was changed from the "fist held high with lightning bolts flying everywhere" to the pulse beam animation since you want these abilities to do similar things in both roles, but please make an exception in this case.

Voltaic Bolt (24 casts/312 samples)
    12s CD / 300 power
    Targets: 1-8 (splits after 3)
    Effect: 1 burst + 12 dot ticks
    Damage: [5203-5627 (5415 average)] + [264-352 (3696 average x12)] = 9111 total

Electrocute (31 samples)
    12s CD / 300 power
    Shape: Very Large 360 AoE
    Effect: 12 dot ticks
    Damage: 970-1057 (1014 average) (12,162 average x12)

Polarizes Enemies:

Repulse (25 samples)
    3s CD / 200 power
    CC: Single Target Knock Down
    Damage: 6176-6756 (6466 average)

Feedback: This ability seems almost TOO good. Huge spherical AoE and it does as much damage as Attract without even needing a PI.

Static Push (8 samples)
    12s CD / 200 power
    CC: Knock Down
    Range: Midrange
    Shape: Wide Cone
    Effect: Grants 150+13 Supercharge with each cast (out of 2000)
    Damage: 616 damage every time

Feedback: Is this bugged? It has no damage range and does the same amount every time.

Leverages Polarized:

Shockwave (35 samples)
    0.5s CD / 100 power
    Shape: Long Narrow Cone
    Damage: 3720-4042 (3881 average)

Spark Barrage (169 samples)
    0.017s CD / 100 power
    Range: Midrange
    Shape: Wide Cone
    Effect: 5 projectile spread
    Damage: 793-879 (836 average) (4180 average x5)

Feedback: I don't like these slow projectile abilities. They can miss far too often.

Attract (26 samples)
    3s CD / 200 power
    CC: Pull
    Shape: Narrow Cone
    Damage: 5473-6037 (5755 average)

Electrostatic Bomb (44 samples)
    12s CD / 300 power
    Effect: 3 dot ticks
    Damage: 2576-2816 (2696 average) (8088 average x3)

Feedback: I don't like these slow projectile abilities. They can miss far too often.

No PI Interaction:

Electroburst (25 samples)
    3s CD / 200 power
    Range: Short
    Shape: Small 360 AoE
    Damage: 6351-6844 (6598 average)

Electrogenesis (52 samples)
    12s CD / 200 power
    Targets: 1-16 (see notes below)
    Shape: 360 damaging aura on 2 closest enemies
    Damage: 704 damage every time (8448 average x12)

Feedback: This power is very unique and may be bugged as it did 704 damage every time. It places 2 damaging auras that each do 12 dot ticks of damage.
    • If there is only 1 target, it will place 1 aura that targets 1-8 and splits after 3.
    • If there are 2 targets it will place 2 auras that do not damage each other.
    • For 2+ targets, each aura will target 1-8 and split after 3 IF the auras are not touching each other.
      • If the auras do touch, 2 targets receive full damage and additional targets receive half damage.
    Under the right conditions, this ability can do 2.5 to 4 times normal damage. Thus, it will do 21,120 average damage on 3 targets and can do up to 33,792 damage with 1 cast. It seems really strong.

Supercharges:

Megavolt (24 samples)
    [Vulnerable to Interrupt]
    50% SC
    CC: Stun + Knock Down
    Targets: 1-8
    Damage: 2121-2366 (2244 average) (26,922 average x12)

Feedback: I see you added a cast bar that makes this ability vulnerable to interrupt and not clippable with a trinket. I don't know how I feel about that added risk.

Circuit Breaker
    50% SC
    Effect: 5.5% increased damage-out for 12 seconds

Feedback: Thanks to Static Push and Electrogenesis doing the same damage every time (is that a bug?) I was able to determine that this SC does in fact increase your Might damage by a set percentage. I assume it also increases your Precision damage by the same amount. Kind of cool, but I don't think 5.5% is enough to make me use this over Megavolt.
    • Like x 4
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

In summary, I feel that Electricity DPS is very strong and has the potential to be quite overpowered in AoE situations with lots of adds. This is due primarily to Arc Lightning and Tesla Ball not splitting damage, and Electrogenesis not adhering to traditional splitting rules.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.