Stats Revamp 1.3: Electricity

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi spord , well done for some powers but please bring back Electroburst's damage over time.And I hope Savage Growth's damage over time will be there too when it comes on test server.They are both fun powers and dots so we would love to have them.
  2. spord Developer

I finally found the issue with Circuit Breaker's buff. The buff itself will now be increased when it is used but showing it in the Current Effects menu is still an issue. Well it will with an upcoming update to PC Test.
    • Like x 6
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm just curious why you think Electricity needs another DoT.
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

Another??? Electroburst has been a dot for so long, one day they just say , let's get rid of that...No, it's a good dot which we wanted, want and will want coz electricity doesn't have pets ,dots it's how electricity dps works.
    • Like x 2
  5. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Umm variety.. Most ELECTRIC players love DOTS.. its different from other powers.. But im curious as to why you think we WOULDNT need more? I mean its not like we dont have 12 other powers x2 of their power trees that ALL function in the same BURST way. TEAM DOTS all day!
    • Like x 1
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Meh. I'm pretty much partial to the Electrified PI side being dot heavy and having Polarized burst focused. It seems that way in the current power layout so it just makes sense now.

And YAY!!! Circuit Breaker will be useful now!!
    Thank you spord!
    ^.^

Now... if only we could move with this play with the tray stuff.
    I'm a guy who plays celestial and rage so I clip like crazy. I like that the cooldowns on certain abilities are very short.
    I Only ask a few things. Make spark barrage the SC generator. It just makes sense to me.
    What do you think, Spord? :)
    Have Static push buffed up and give it polarized pi benefit.

The healing powers need to inflict damage as well. :D
    Electroburst especially. I also would love to see Tesla Ball, Electrocute, Static Push, and Voltaic Bolt have healing functions.
    I'm a battle healer.. I like seeing green yellow and white numbers flying all over the place. ;) if roles are supposed to have greater damage capabilities then please allow some more options. ^.^
    Thank you for reading. ^.^
    • Like x 1
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Nice vid. TY for showing off what you are using and how. After some testing I still feel like the pftt style is lacking. It does not seem very fluid and it is still slow. You end up spending some time just standing around not casting powers or you will run dry. I was using tesla blast the low power cost move and still was not able to keep the pace of a fight from slowing down. I also think that with the way people spec the devs should assume that we would drop 20 sp into top crit and 40 into the one below just to max out our crits. After that I threw all the remaining sp into power....100 or 110. I think the power regen should be bumped just a bit. Not a huge amount but a bit. I feel like it is almost where it needs to be. I am also wondering how the devs plan on making sure that all three playstyles are balanced. I like that we will have three different playstyles but it does not seem like they will be able to be balanced very easily.
  8. OrbitLimon Level 30

dots it's how electricity dps doesn't works.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Making spark barrage the supercharge builder would make spark barrage have a higher power cost and a 12s cooldown to match all other powersets supercharge builder.

IMO the supercharge builder needs to be a move or moves that both roles can use.
    • Like x 3
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Good point.
  11. Maxwill Committed Player

1st go learn that it's <<doesn't work>>
    2nd go learn that electricity's Awesome Mechanic was and still is the dot stacking.
    3rd , next time you want to say,write or do something, please think about it more.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

VB, Electrogenesis, Electrocute and Tesla Ball are 4 DoTs. You want to put another DoT in the last spot on your loadout?

I've been Electric off and on the past 5 years and probably will switch back when stats matter happens. In fact, I helped do some testing for the AM, the damage overwrites, and the scrapped GU.

Electricity has a lot of DoT abilities. You can have 3 DoT regardless of which PI you use. None of the other power sets can say that right now.

If you ignore PI and use MV, you can have an all-DoT loadout. No, what we have in 1.3 now is pretty good balance.
    • Like x 3
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Yeah... electric dps is really good right now.
    I think we have a strong baseline and it may even be slightly over performing in certain scenarios.

I think that the burst is pretty well off too.
    Only the PftT is lacking and it's not even by a huge margin.
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Balance in terms of options.. But not balance in terms of DOT dmg output.. it still rather underperforming, especially since Electrocharge(PI) and WIRED(might buff) has been removed.. The burst Dmg is fine.. Burst will always be Burst, thats not what im worried about.. Ive been repping TEAM DOTS all day. But yall not hearing me tho lol
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Ok, sorry to say but these power costs are insane again, revert the power costs, keep the heal strength the same. Buff up the other abilities you left out too because the healing over time abilities in both power sets are really weak. Also increase the shield duration back to how it was on live, 6 seconds is worthless and I don't know how many people you want telling you this.
  16. L T Devoted Player

As promised, it still doesn't show up under current effects. But it is now a very strong supercharge!

DOT ticks go from 297 to 472 => About a 60% increase!
    • Like x 3
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Give specific examples.
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

Hey, listen. I think you've shown commitment in providing the amount of feedback you have so far, and you seem like you know what you're doing as far as healing is concerned. I get where you're coming from, I really do. A lot of things are just so different.. I played this game for years, but on Test I just don't get how I'm supposed to play sometimes. It's frustrating, and I find I just need to walk away from the computer for a while.

But.

I don't know how long you've been playing, but if it was since 2011 then you know this is nothing new. The game gets changed.. a lot. I don't want to count the number of times someone's told me "I have to adjust." And out of ALL those times that stuff was changed, never before have I felt like I'm being listened to more than now. I won't lie; I hate Tunso. The sheer number of times he just added a mechanic to PvP without saying a word about it on the forums because he just expected us to adapt was absurd. You've heard of Immunity, yes? That originally came out of nowhere and it's only the tip of the iceberg. That guy literally made me feel like we as players were sheep that he could mess around with whenever he wanted.

Right now is your best chance to have your feedback actually affect the final product, but you need to get over the fact that the final product will be different than Live. Stuff is changing and the Devs are not just going to revert everything back at this stage in the game. Think about what's really important to you and continue to offer constructive feedback. Please.
    • Like x 3
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Since I couldn't submit this due to only 3 things being permitted at a time with the Survey:

PFTT Isn't viable for me, I went up against Artemis using one low power(Shockwave) and one medium(Arc lighting)

I have 104 SP spec'd into power, am full modded, and I have all my critical chance/crit damage maxed out.
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

How much might do you need to succeed vs Artemis using powers only? The other powers you were using were all high damage ones? V-bolt and electro bomb?

I could beat her with Atomic combos. PFTT using Electric feels unnatural for me so I haven't tried much of that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.