Stats Revamp 1.3 (Continued!)

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i had no response so far to it, so i will repeat this untill it will be heared:
    SUGGESTION: GO AWAY WITH COOLDOWNS AS A KEY FOR BALANCE!!!
    make them only as short as the animation goes, or just like they are currently on live,
    here is a mantra for you, make sure the whole dev-team chants it every morning before work:
    "COOLDOWNS PREVENT AWESOMNESS"!!!
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

this^ not only that: using PI correctly should make way more impact on dammage powers using them!
    i go so far to say it should DOUBLE the dammage output for those powers that can actually use them!
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Or a heal ov3r time proficiency like 1% or 2 % of your health.
    Or like a 5% reduction in replay badges
  4. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Following directions, reading comprehension, understanding simple math calculations gets tossed out of the window all the time.

There were guys saying they could not play from the tray with over 20k power. I'm like really...
    Did these guys even look at the power cost within the explanations that they were trying to Pfft with.
    Some of the powers you can play from the tray with 11k power as we speak.
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

After playing around with several specs and watching videos of other people's attempts at PftT, I've come to the conclusion that PftT only really works for short battles. During any extended engagement you'll run dry eventually unless you stick to low cost abilites 90% of the time, which gets boring unfortunately. Strangely enough, I feel like it's even harder to maintain power now than in previous versions simply because the damage went down and engagements are lasting slightly longer.

How do you other testers out there feel about this?
  6. KellyCares New Player

Your spot on i have test 3 different powers as many ways i can with changing skill points and loadouts and ran the solo so many times i am about to buy my first ring so 35 times. No power points, half power points, all points in power, fully modded, gen mods and league hall eff. I have only once finished a fight without running out of power completely and that was with a orbital took half of there damage bar. Most of the time there half way down and you run out of power and run around with like a chick with you head cut off until your can use your sodar, supply drop or you do enough range attacks to get a power up. They have made great strides in some ways since for test dropped but for me the healing and dps are not close at least if you want to play and have fun. If your one of those players that want to use your weapon all the time, Then your happy. If your not then were not close. (Spent over 20 hours total testing)...Sad face
    • Like x 1
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

guess I could of made it more clear as well for example take me I watch people who make videos about what they test to see how things have changed 'so far' to kind of get a idea of where the game is going. Then I come here and read the testing feedback to form my own opinion after all the feedback and such I read.

Is that as good as actually testing it myself probably not, but seeing as alot of these guys have been our testers for years now I feel like its safe to say I can form a opinion based on feedback they give. Granted Im not the type 'usually' to go around and spread BS either like world is coming to a end b/c of 'x reasons' I tell friends I know what I read and let them form their opinions and thoughts and tell em we are still a ways from even seeing it so what ppl are testing now may or may not even be whats on live when we get it.

I just think video's and such is a form of forming your own opinion if that is your only source due to not being able to get on test or rather not wanting to reDL DCUO lol. So for Mepps to say we cant have a opinion if we have tested IMO isn't true.
    • Like x 2
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Well in most cases and it should be a given on who you should and shouldnt form a opinion on off their video. Wont say names as its black listing. But Some Youtubers just complain in every video and some of you reading this will know who I will be talking about lmao
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

At this point the Devs should bring again the Power regen Buff from the initial version of the Revamp (i don´t recall the name atm) and let it stack with the automatic self regen to help the people who want to PftT. If you think about it, makes a lot of sense, since its supposed to be an "specialized" playstyle, so if the people who chose to play mostly with weapons have to dedicate one spot of their loadout to make it work (damage wise with the Weapon Buffs) why the people who want to PftT shouldn´t?

I think that for PVP, this needs to work differently (since one of the key factors of PVP is power management), but i think that Devs can adjust the effects of either the auto self regen and the percentage gained from the Buffs.
    • Like x 1
  10. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Nice!! 12 second wep buffs? Thats pretty awesome!!

Another idea I had for Weapon Buffs is if they worked Current Advanced Mechanic trigger powers like Battle Display, Psychic resonance, killer instinct, atomic powered assault etc.... You activate ur weapon buff and it stays up as long as you are beating on stuff with ur weapons.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

IMO, PftT only works if you have the ability to stun your opponent. I watched Jafin's Mental video and he was using abilities that had a greater chance of Control effects.

The reality too is that lunges and BB will regen power so it's really hard to be pure in the testing. Furthermore, as abilities don't generate counters, using powers while opponent is blocking just results in lower damage.
    • Like x 1
  12. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

I enjoy the new tactical mods but we only have so many slots to put them in our powers shouldn't be limited or weakened with cooldown times with the exchange of speeding the them up with the tatical mods, unless their are plans to make new slots in our base genarator to add these new ones since we only have 1slot in our gear to add them in. And some tactical mods are too important to replace like the neck mods. Some of these new mods can even be added to our League hall generators too, since it was promised that more League stats where going to be added then just the 13 we have.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I do agree with this assessment. I was able to find a pftt loadout with gadgets that worked, but if you are not spamming just the one small power cost power, and actually doing rotations based on PIs and cooldowns, you are out of power after a few rotations.

I ran the shades solo and control effects eat your power like no tomorrow. Constantly being stunned or controlled you lose power fast. So I found myself out of power more than with it. So there is got to be a give here. The devs have to either greatly increase power regen, or scrap the notion of pftt. As much as I enjoy using powers only, their view isn't as fun as some of the AMs were.
    • Like x 1
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

I always unlock the breakout innates in my movement tree so I get power back after I break out. It helps (probably a lot), but I still run out of power eventually.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I kind of feel those should be innate, not purchased.

In any case, even with them, constant breakouts hurt your power in combat.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I see Perfect Poise has been moved back to 50% Supercharge. Is there any chance the shield could actually last longer or the SC cost reduced. It seems far too short.
    • Like x 2
  17. KellyCares New Player

Been reading all the post as well as posting and testing myself. I don’t envy the devs as, it seems that a lot of people want some of the same things and others want something different. A lot of people like going away from the am’s and back to weapons and power/hybrid, others love playing from the tray (pftt). How can you balance both styles and a weapon style? I don’t think it’s possible unless you build specific load outs for each style. I know that’s not what people want. They want the freedom to run what they want. But let’s be honest you can run what you want now. You run am’s, because if not your get blown out of the water. When someone finds that optimal load out everyone will use that anyways. So maybe the choice isn’t what powers to put in our load outs but what style I want to play Hybrid, Pftt, or Weapon and each one has a loadout. Then we can test them to see if there comparable and close to equal. Because a lot of us on test have been around awhile and without a template for how we should be testing. How do I know if I’m really running comparable load outs or not. I’ve used everything and done ok in the solo, duo or alert. But I can run a sorry load outs and still get that done. The only thing I can test for sure is what I like and don’t like and the feel of the game.

- Question: All the people that want love the changes and want to play hybrid – Would you still play hybrid if you knew that you could not put up the same numbers as the other styles?

I get that damage had to come down some. But this game play feels sluggish and slow and not as fun at least to me and my friends. I for one enjoyed am’s for their load outs. My main was always Sorcery but my least favorite power to dps with. Not sure I see a difference from hitting 1,2,3,4 am style or using test style hitting 4 random buttons or (pi) then 3-4 random buttons I assign and weapon attacks. Also no sure anybody really knows where to put the skill points for each build which can skew numbers and load outs.
    - How much power do I need to play from the tray ( answer 1 million) because I specked all of them in power and still ran out in boss fight’s and that’s using one high, med, small like was posted.

- When playing hybrid do I spread my points around in might, prec, ect.. I am using all of these. But I you posted to put them all in one to maximize that stat. But if I put them all in might and my weapon doesn’t hit that hard then I should just (pftt) right, or just use prec and use weapon and different powers then what (pftt) would use, right? (A lot of people seem confused). Not even sure if my test was right because all the ways I tried. Just feels like your running around the test server never making progress because in the back of your mind you don’t even know if you are set up right.

- Other than Power Interactions (pi) which I think gives a 10% bonus and last for I think between 6-12 seconds. The whole system is confusing. We have different levels of pi powers. Some cost more than others; some seem to last longer, some do more damage. Sorcery for instance as Circle of Destruction as one of its pi setters but a lot of enemies just jump at you as soon as you put it down so you got to be right next to the enemy when you put it down so they don’t jump out. But the new power you added what was it Karmic something just garbage (no offense) and has no real range or damage to it. Next you could use Condemned in load out because it stuns them also and is more damage with the (pi) active so if you hit it quick you can still throw Circle of Destruction from a distance. But would it even be better if you used Condemned as a (pi) then while they are stunned you used Circle of Destruction (just a thought). But is that even a good proper load out. It works for these solos or testing against a few people in an duo or alert, but am I going to get laughed out of the raid using that kind of load out. Is that going to be a good load out? Should I even be testing that? Sorcery doesn’t seem to have as many options as other powers because of its pets and you guys taking away shards and changing other powers really have hurt the options.

I don’t want to use fury anymore because I’m tired of using a button to give him power. Maybe fury/watcher uses big hit/heal every 8-12 seconds once active Let them build up their own power. At the very least us same button we use to activate them. Two slots we got to use for one power and I still see people say it needs a nerf. Is it even possible to run a good load out without fury? Not a lot of burst powers on Sorcery. Plus you’ve never been able to play Sorcery with (pftt) can you in the future. It doesn’t feel like you can now either with the powers we have to choose from. But ice I was able to build a decent (pftt) load out (still ran out of power in boss fights). So are these powers still equal they felt different with their own strength and weakness. Is that the balance we seek? Is a combo power always going to be the better (pftt) power and pet powers always going to better a hybrid power if you want to do the best damage? . Just to be honest the game I play on test is not a game I enjoy playing. I love logging in everyday and doing my runs with my league on live. We get on test and we want to stop playing immediately. Too many changes to powers we love and a much slower game style.

- Question: How close are we to final product?

- Question: You took away am’s and weapon mastery. Why change cool downs and change Powers?(Shard, Avalanche, ect.)

Likes – Stats matter, Devs listening, taking feedback, taking the time to get it right. (Maybe) Different fighting styles if all three are good when finished.

Dislikes – changing powers, heal/damage numbers way down, cool downs, healing shields not long enough. Game play is a lot slower. Stat/skill points don’t matter enough. Trying to be forced to play 2x4 by cool downs . Fix the cool downs….did I mention cool downs. Changing animations and effects of powers and interactions. 60 points just for crits. Putting so many points in power to play (Pftt) and still running out of power. The whole new stat point system layout.
    • Like x 2
  18. L T Devoted Player

By "sluggish and slow" gameplay do posters actually mean "things no longer melt when I look at them"?
    • Like x 2
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A few of the cooldowns still could be adjusted, but other then that the gameplay was pretty fast to me. Burn will still be good if you have people that know what they're doing, if you're a mediocre dps, then stuff will take awhile to melt.
    • Like x 1
  20. krytine Loyal Player

Did you spec into break out mastery from movement mods
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.