Stats Revamp 1.3 (Continued!)

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

It depends on the person to choose the weapon. For me, I really didnt choose handblasters, it was just the default and I went with it.

There would be no point in WM having Crits when Crits are stats and belong in the Stats UI. Wm is only Damage which it really should be. Spending the points in WM means you'll be doing more damage. Thats all it should be. The Role bonuses for WM, they sucked, especially for Tanks. You are investing to do heavy damage by going into WM, thats the incentive which if you are going for Weapon Mastery, then you're basically in the Weapon Playstyle which is why its there. I dont see WM even worth it for Hybrids but I would have to test to find out and thats depending if the Hybrid Player is doing more Weapon Attacks or doing more Power attacks.

In this Stats Revamp, there would be no purpose for having both a WM Crit AND the innate Crit. The WM Role bonuses I understand you wanting to keep, but they arent worth it.

Also, no one has done Weapon Testing to see which Weapon is better than the other. HB is the default for Sorcery and Electricity so thats why you see a lot there. I wouldnt make accusations on stuff like that because it'll give a falsehood to other readers and testers. To make such a claim, youll need to provide some heavy data.I agree HB is hitting pretty hard but so is my one handed weapon. Gotta make a comparison before I can claim one is better than the other.
    • Like x 2
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

The last sentence. Spot on. Idk where the healing is spammy thing came from. I dont recall anyone ever saying that. What i do recall being said many times by many players is resto is too high and with 1 or 2 heal casts a single healer can jump a raid groups health from 20% to 100%. That has nothing to do with spamming. It has everything to do with resto being so high that 2 healers is only needed in late teen rounds of SM for most end game players.
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Healing was "spammy" in the initial 1.3 version of the revamp.
    • Like x 1
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi Avair ,Mepps and whoever else will read this.

There are 3 things I strongly suggest to be implemented.

1)Soder Colas' stats .We spend alot of money and exobytes (some of us get them from time capsules some of us spend alot if time to farm exobytes) to make them so better make them worth it , at this moment the stats they give are just too low ,at least x3 more stats they should give compared to how much they give now on test.

2) Elite bonuses A,B,C and D ...1% guys cmon you can do alot better than that :) I mean we spend so many hours to get the reknown like 9 hours or more (coz olye= about 20minutes ,gome at least 40 minutes = about 1 hour . 6500 reknown for all 8 pieces. 800 reknown which we get from each completed raid.6500/800=8,125 ) .That's at least how much time it would take for a very good group to complete olye,gome.So please increase the percentage we get from A and B and add also a percentage for D and C too , will be awesome to have those choices instead of the choices we have now which most of players don't want to use coz they are pretty useless for us.

3) GOTTA LOVE THAT CC Trinket ! I mean its awesome style and effects but it doesn't give us stats :( will be great to give us some stats like it does on live ,even better if it gives us about half of the stats compared to the 165 level trinket, coz it costs 60 marks of victory .
  5. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi Avair , can you tell us how shields work?They all absorb damage based on something or it's different for healer, troll and tank shields?Ingame on stats I read something about absorbing damage equal to 112,5% of restoration+ 150% of dominance , or something like that, couldn't read the whole thing coz it's bugged I think, the description disappears so fast...

<<now last for however many HP they say they will. We recently even made them stronger to help tanks keep themselves alive instead of relying on a spamming healer. Oh and they number of HP they have is stat based, hence stats matter for them>>
    What do you mean by that? They last for however many Health Points they say they will?
  6. Maxwill Committed Player

Any chance you guys will bring back Bitter Winds as a tank shield?I know I wrote this many times but noone responded so I just want to know if I should stop asking for it or not, if you exclude that from happening or not ...We've been used to using Bitter Winds for so many years , now that is gone it just feels,seems weak and that ice tank is lacking one of the most used powers...
    • Like x 1
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

Is it just me or Ice Armor is smaller, less on test server compared to live?
  8. Maxwill Committed Player

Also seasonal trinkets : Boos ,Earie Jack and others.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats not quite true, we can judge off of what others are showing in a video and form a opinion, based on the video footage and how unsatisfied people are in videos are. Not that I go off of what other say on youtube, but you cant simply ignore what alot of people say if its identical yes?
  10. BLK Well-Known Player

I appreciate you and thank you
  11. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Thank you for saying that. I forgot to mention this issue.
    • Like x 1
  12. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Is there any development or testing going on in reference to how this effects PvP and it's gear? Thanks in advance
  13. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

Oh you can definitely have an opinion based on the testers videos and feedback. I have a mac and I am not going to buy a pc to test this so I read and watch very closely on what is being tested/ said.
  14. L T Devoted Player

You might be able to get a semi-informed opinion from a video. There's a lot of negative feedback/whining I've read that's clearly from people who've never logged in to the test server, so yes, you can and should in fact ignore it. Test yourself and form your own opinion. It's really the only way.

Wine is your friend! I'd recommend wine-staging. DCUO test runs great under Linux, so I'm guessing it's good with a Mac also.
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yes and no. Many people were complaining about things. But at the same time many people were complaining about things that didnt make sense. An example was someone using PftT and complaining about power but were using wired which is a weapon buff and a high power cost power. Yet in the video people agreed with him that power cost was way too high and that the update sucked. when clearly the player didnt read the power descriptions.

And then there were videos were people were trying to claim they were PftT and then they were doing hybrid most of the time or not following devs instructions. Sometimes I am on test and people ask the craziest questions and its mind boggling to where you sometimes want to ask them, " Did you even read the update notes?"

And of course people are going to go off what other people say, but there is a huge difference in playing it yourself and someone else playing it. And many issues were addressed by devs from player feedback. Is it perfect, no. But its way better than what people were making it out to be 2 weeks ago.
    • Like x 6
  16. krytine Loyal Player

While we are getting revamp why not redo league proficiency a little instead of out of combat how about better power regen
    • Like x 1
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The problem with only testers having feedback is we won't really know if the devs are making changes on their own and saying it was from feedback. How many changes in the last year have the devs made and said it was fron feedback that no one remember?
    Listening to only testers sure worked for pvp.
    • Like x 1
  18. Max Dragonard Well-Known Player

Sure, you can have an opinion. And, you can post it in these forums. DB's saying they only want people that have actually played the test server content to respond to their survey about playing test server content. Seems fair.
  19. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

I never argued against the survey or it's intent which is very good
  20. Nucleus DC Well-Known Player

And this is what scares me about some of our "testers" giving feedback.

Although at the end of the day DBG is getting free play testing out of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.