Stats Revamp 1.3 (Continued!)

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: i would like to see freeze breath working with ice and with PI somehow, because it looks cool...
    and also i would like to see heat vision somehow adding up for fire toons for example +PI or something...
    • Like x 2
  2. KellyCares New Player

Well with an idea to what was sold to use for the stat revamp that you could do anything and be viable is not really the case from all my testing. I’ve build a couple load outs I believe to be good. But until you can test against a lot of other people not sure how strong they really are. But I wasn’t talking just from a dps side, that it’s slower. Waiting on the cool downs for healing is the worse. You basically just spam solo heal when you need a heal and the one you need is on cool down still. In theory if you’re in a good league that works great together all the time it might work. But too many players play me first. Run in before tank; get to close to bosses chasing that damage. That I can’t heal for their mistake and keep group alive if I waste my cool downs on their stupid play style or what happens when someone goes down. As a healer I could cover up a lot of people’s mistakes or get a group that’s not so good thru some stuff. I think that would be hard to do now.
  3. KellyCares New Player

Dps side damage is lowed but fine, but when you do that and change cool downs and some powers it feels sluggish and off. Cool downs just feel so bad right now, even when you do follow the steps of high, med, low, You run your load out and just have the small one you can throw over and over until you run out of power while waiting on your cool downs. Its almost like doing ice on live. You hit, 1,2,3, gust, gust, gust out of power. Damage itself seems fine for where I’m at on test. Its healing too. If the whole group takes aoe damage I do my groups heal, but if the other boss does aoe damage I need my group heal again, but I got to wait another 8 secs. People’s toons life are at risk.. I don’t have time to wait…#fixthecooldowns
  4. KellyCares New Player

Damage out isn't that bad. But someone that really enjoys playing from the tray, it does slow when you run out of power, adds are no issue. I just enjoy a set rotation and am not a fan of weapon use when i dps. That's why from day one of this game my main was a healer as i did not like dps when it was clipping because it looks stupid. It did good damage but when you do it it looks like your *******. I don't care much for the big numbers of am's but it let me have power back and let me run rotations. I just don't want to be stuck again running combo powers like celestial and hard light again just to do powers. I feel if they fix power back for (pftt) and cool downs are fixed that is like 75% of the issue with Dps on test. Cool downs are the main issue for healers and finding a happy spot how strong the heals are. Can't speak for the other roles. But a friend said tanking is much better from first test to now. It feels because of the fact they wanted us to go to 2X4 groups and one way to Nerf us was cool downs. That also slows the game down. So its little things like that that make it feel sluggish.
    • Like x 1
  5. KellyCares New Player

Not to mention they just took shards from Sorcery period and destroyed any hope of using avalanche with it having less ice balls and it takes a lunch break to come back off of cool down and has no power interaction at all neither does soul well. All weird choices why have powers that don't fit into a rotation. Also from the powers i tested the aoe attack always seems to be a (p.i.). Which seems like a odd choice to me. Also sorcery has like no real burst powers and 27 projectile powers.
    • Like x 1
  6. KellyCares New Player

Not true.. I did what the devs said i even have 208sp on test ran a high into med, into low, low, low out of power but just boss fights. You might want to jump around like a little grasshopper but I am a day on player and my friends and i like the style of combos and rotations that don't involve weapons and jump canceling and looking stupid for extra damage. Don't need the am damage when i have power i can burn fast enough. It just feel sluggish when you do run out of power and your throwing weapon attacks to get one power back to use that power to get more back. I want everyone to be able to play the game the way they enjoy it. But until they come up with a way to (pftt) better it does feel sluggish playing that style. Cool downs are a slight issue with dps, but to me a huge issue healing. I'm going to be fine on live i have way more then enough skill points. But if come down to a fun factor now. At the end of the day this is a game.
    • Like x 2
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    when it goes to power regenerating through weapon attacks, im ok with a bigger power pool to do so.
    however: is it just me, or does anyone else thinks that VITALIZATION should be the deciding factor,
    at least for the power that is given back over time? it feels wrong that vitalization is for trolls only...
  8. L T Devoted Player

It "feels wrong" for me, too. I'm guessing things are based on total power because otherwise there would be too many stats to buy.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Though sounds weird vitalisation is for power out while power pool dictates self power regeneration. That doesn't bother me as much as dom does now that stuns are different.
  10. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Dominance works like this on the live server.

Dominance increases the potency of certain defensive and healing abilities, and the duration of certain control effects (stuns, roots, levitations and encasements) from powers.
    At high levels, Dominance must be higher than enemy Willpower to be effective.
    The recommended Dominance for an Alert, Raid or Operation is needed to affect opponents in that content when using power based control effects.

4 points of Dominance increases base healing by 1%

Power Control Effect duration is increased by 1 second for every 500 Dominance.

Controller, Tank and Iconic Shields prevent damage equal to Restoration + Dominance.
    Dominance is doubled in Tank role and Controller role.

Fire Tanks gain 2.2 points of Health for every point of Dominance after a power is used.
    Earth Tanks gain 1 point of Defense for every point of Dominance after a power is used.
    Rage Tanks increase Health by two-thirds Dominance for each nearby enemy after a power is used.
    Atomic Combos heal equal to 48% Dominance.
    Dominance is an important stat for Tanks and Controllers.

I have a question for you. Players need to know how dominance is working.

Can we get a breakdown that looks like this for dominance and the other visible stats?
    • Like x 1
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

have you seen the new formulas in the Stats sections in game? By stats I mean in the tab when you open your inventory. Dom now gives the formula for Healing and Shields and same with Resto, Might, etc
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Yes, I have & that is why I was asking AVAIR the question again.
    The information is not complete.
    There is nothing about how Dominance works with C&C.
    On live C&C effect duration is increased by 1 second for every 500 dom you have over the opponent.

Now if dom is not going to affect the duration of C&C any longer. Avair needs to say something because there are a lot of players that spec dom for the C&C & I am one of them.

[IMG]

This^^^^^ is not as simple as what I posted either. What is on the descriptions is a good start but it is not nearly simple enough. They need to remind themselves that reading comprehension / understanding are lacking throughout the game. There are a lot of kids that play this game and that picture is not much more helpful than having nothing. Players want to know what 1 point is going to do.

4 points of Dominance increases base healing by 1%

Power Control Effect duration is increased by 1 second for every 500 Dominance.

Controller, Tank and Iconic Shields prevent damage equal to Restoration + Dominance.
    Dominance is doubled in Tank role and Controller role.

Fire Tanks gain 2.2 points of Health for every point of Dominance after a power is used.
    Earth Tanks gain 1 point of Defense for every point of Dominance after a power is used.
    Rage Tanks increase Health by two-thirds Dominance for each nearby enemy after a power is used.
    Atomic Combos heal equal to 48% Dominance.
    • Like x 2
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well to be fair, you asked for an explanation on Dominance using formulas and I gave the suggestion based on that question alone. If you were to mention specifically the CC strength as pertaining to Dominance and needing a formula for that then we wouldn't be where we are now :) I mean you do raise a good question and last I recall I think CCs are just set at a certain time limit no increase but here's hoping Im wrong right? lol. Ill spend some time looking over Avair's and Moja's posts just to double check.

Valid question and I hope it gets answered.
  14. Avair Administrator

I will be discussing some of this soon, but not in this post. I wanted to hop in and let you know that I have read this and do have some feedback for everyone regarding CC, etc. It will be in a much larger post coming soonish.

Sorry for the delay, but I have a lot of words to type.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Hi Avair, i have a question and its my biggest concern (not the only one) right now, and is the difference in damage potential between Precision vs Might, are you guys preparing changes to tackle this inbalance?

I´ve tried a Full Precision Build (Skill points and mods + Flex cola) using the most efficient weapon combo time/damage wise (Solar Flame) and my Precision damage still falls behind the damage that i put with my abilities, even on my time windows of damage spike using Wired + Circuit Braker + Trinket + Supply drop.

My final results with this build on Oly regular were:
    Damage output:
    - Might: 48,4%
    - Precisión: 47,3%
    - Orbital: 4,3%

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Moja Developer

Damage powers will be getting adjusted to account for the bonus power coming from Controllers / Power Baubles, which in turn will help make weapons builds more competitive. Also, please keep in mind weapons have only had a rough first pass at balance, and we're planning to make changes to encourage going deeper into weapon combos and to make weapon masteries slightly stronger.
    • Like x 5
  17. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I'm sorry but this game can't be balanced like that. It just won't.
    • Like x 1
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

I'm a bit worry about WM be slightly stronger, WM isn't clippable and ppl on test are spamming a lot Solar Flame clipping with powers.
  19. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

So for resto and dom, as a healer, you saying that resto affects healing out strength but yet dom affects the health bar regeneration outside of combat? Because that is really mingled in the wording. More precise words need to be used and provides specifics on what it does. Such as:

Resto affects base healing for health bar to go up faster out of combat, shield strength formula, and whatever else it affects like white mods.

Dom affects tanks and ability to pull enemies, juggle...etc, extends cc duration, provides formula for shields, and as a tank it increases survivability. Also as a troll it allows you to juggle/stun enemies.

Saying that both affect healing is utter bs as I could go all dom as a healer and suck all because it said that dom makes my healing better.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'll be awaiting the next 300 page novel from Avair
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.