Stats Revamp 1.3 - Atomic Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

I hope atomic tank and dps will be equal to ice's... coz atomic got 25% more defense buff + healing while doing damage (spamming combos which is good) + some damage absorption from aura...Those things make me worry about how atomic will be .
  2. Nemesir Well-Known Player

As of the moment, there is no Damage Absorption from Quark-Gluon Aura as it was removed from the last update patch so Atomic got a major huge nerf on one of its core Tanking mechanic.

Spord mentioned on his reply "After the testing it looks like gaining the mitigation earlier and having the CC from Thermochemical Explosion is still not enough against a lot of adds. I'll get some amount of Damage Absorption back on the aura. The healing will stay where it is."
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah I read those but the thing is that atomic tank got 25% more defense buff ... the aura was absorbing 20% so that means atomic got a 5% damage absorption buff ... and you people want more...

Is it only fair that ice tank gets a 25% defense buff or the shields to absorb more damage .
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Lol
  5. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Yes, it is only fair that Ice Tank gets a 25% defense buff and got 3 shields.

Can u please get your facts straight before coming out here on Atomic Stats Revamp thread? There's a particular Stats Revamp thread for Ice, you should write out your complains there, not here on Atomic thread.

And please don't just read, but more importantly comprehend.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

Given the information that there is no cap on defense, pure defense might be the way to go. I'm going to make an armory for it and try it out tonight
    • Like x 1
  7. spord Developer

OK so I lied. The healing is getting slightly increased too. Details soon.
    • Like x 7
  8. Maxwill Committed Player

What lol?
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

Can you please play both powers well and compare their performance before you quote me?
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Absorption and Defense work differently. 25% defense was a nerf. 20 percent absorption != 20 percent defense.

Ice's shield works off of the absorption formula and is calculated before defense. It acts kind of like a filter rather than a damage reducer.

If they were 1 to 1 ,Earth would have a higher absorption than 50 percent on live. Absorption is better to have than defense. It's why Earth can survive certain things without any shields. A full powered gemstone shield is used in very specific situations.
    • Like x 3
  11. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Im curious why would their be a cap on stats anyways? Isnt that the opposite of stats revamp.. Let me invest as much SP and MODS into stats of my choice.. Not coming at you, im just curious as to why that is..
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Caps were placed because of the way content worked initially. If there was no ceiling, you could potentially reach god mode. So they set a cap and they increased it over the years a few times until CR Differential, where they changed the way your mitigated damage based on percentages or something like that.

Edit: I believe fire had no cap on health buff on launch that was later capped and then Rage got an uncapped health. Kristyana was kind of irked about that.
    • Like x 3
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Is that normal for MMO's to cap stats? That just seems like a bummer.. Secondly, is there any way to confirm whats stats and powers that were being capped?
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This is correct. With a good rotation you could get your health sky high as fire. Each power gave you a percentage of health increase that stacked instead of the flat 60 percent. It took away the ramp up time but it also took away the ability to be basically immortal. Heals also didn't scale well. I hope they make all the self heals(for tanks or at least) percentage based instead of resto. It just makes way more sense.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I don't know about other MMO's, but dcuo only had a few things that caps were set. One was Defense.
    Stats like Vitalization and Restoration didn't have a cap. Which is also the reason why both spiraled out of control in T5. They never capped Vit, but they decided to increase power consumption. Which lead to other problems. Restoration was jacked up astronomically to compensate for more damage but that just resulted in solo healing since they can't heal one shots.

Which leads to this update's overall theme. Fix issues that were at the start a problem instead of bandaids. They backed off on some of the initiatives they set at the start, since that was essentially making the player be nerfed, but there are some things that are very much helpful.

But this should be left for another thread. This is an atomic feedback one.
    • Like x 3
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

Just find it amusing when people have no idea what they're talking about but still continue spewing at the mouth.
    • Like x 1
  18. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah I'm the biggest noob when it comes to ice and atomic tanking...Sarcasm.
    • Like x 1
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

How would u regulate that? percentage based from what stat? dom? health? i do think resto should be a healer stat
  20. krytine Loyal Player

I am still thinking all heals should be based of the person casting the heal and the resto of the person reci3ving the heal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.