Stats Revamp 1.3 - Atomic Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamINC Dedicated Player

Agreed.

I'd like to see the load out and SP spec just for curiosities sake
  2. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

Was just testing atomic DPS. Is the cg aura now extraneous for DPS, or does it serve a purpose? Apologies if this information is available somewhere.
    • Like x 1
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Maybe just a little detail for you spord
    When the aura activates we can like fire kind of
    Use our powers and our defense goes up similar to ice defense
    Damage absorption sort of like earth

Now atomic has its innate states that makes it work as a jack of all trades ice has its shielding and defense we get our buff from the aura but each tank needs enough defense to hold thier own before powers or anything. Do not water down atomic by reducing the ecfects of having the aura up if you do then what would be the point to have it at all
    • Like x 2
  4. tiempo Well-Known Player

As promised, here I am with our League on test "Old School". Atomic tanking OLY after "changes"...with a great crew. Needless to say it went a lot better but still felt a little squishy.
    • Like x 3
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

Watched the whole thing, nice job. Do you think it would have been easier as Ice? Or with two tanks/healers?
  6. tiempo Well-Known Player

Thank You, yes, it was easier as ice, got a vid on that too, lol
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Seeing you using gun and blocking gives me a sadness in the heart ...
    This is not an atomic tank!
    Atomic tank never blocks and never uses weapons!
    I saw that you used everything in dominance ... I have divided between dominance and defense ... do you think it is better this way?
    I was thinking of testing with this absurd change only with pure defense!
    What is your evaluation?
  8. tiempo Well-Known Player

Anti-matter bomb is OP, broken, i think its not splitting dmg. I'm also onto something you will not like with the powers. I'll explain once i compile more evidence. hint: spamaliciously broken, so far, atomic, ice, sorcery, and mental, are......broken but not like you think. still testin elec and gadgets
    • Like x 3
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I tried it with elec but only for a min cause i was in the middle of something. I used electrocute and shockwave. It was close to what a reg loadout can do but not as good, granted i only spent a few minutes trying it out so maybe it could be happening. I'll test it out better tomorrow when i have time but if you end up doing it drop me a line and let me know.

Edit: when weapons get adjusted i don't think it will be a issue, well depending on what happens but it still does need some adjusting cause we don't need this to happen lol
  10. tiempo Well-Known Player

They need to make dmg split on antimatter bomb, and buff prec to make hybrid viable instead of this spamfest The weapons balance will hopefully be the prec buff we need to have these two playstyle be as rewarding as they are in difficulty to play. Spamming one power should not equal or surpass the damage out of a well built loadout and rotation.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reise New Player

I have an atomic toon also and have enjoyed tanking on live server. So far the feedback from everyone on the revamp has me very worried about the future of atomic. I agree with everyone that the CG aura is a tremendous help with tanking and taking the buffs from that way has me concerned . I hope the developers will listen to everyone's concerns on this and take it into consideration. I would be really disappointed if I didn't get the fun from atomic tanking that I currently have .
  12. spord Developer

It is not
  13. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Can we get a break down on what the Quark-Gluon Auras bonuses are in both DPS and Tank role so that there are no discrepancies??
    • Like x 1
  14. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi spord, can you tell us please how much defense equals to 1% damage absorption?
  15. spord Developer

The damage absorption of 20% is approximately 25% Defense. Both Ice and Atomic lost 5% Defense to account for the Fortified Blocking tactical mod. So Ice has +80% Defense in Tank Role and Atomic has +105%. The healing went down to account for the stat increase gained from having the new percentage based stat jumps from skill points. The move from the Quark-Gluon Aura over to Defense was to help with the ~3 seconds it takes to get the aura activated Vs. Ice's Ice Armor from using a shield.

After the testing it looks like gaining the mitigation earlier and having the CC from Thermochemical Explosion is still not enough against a lot of adds. I'll get some amount of Damage Absorption back on the aura. The healing will stay where it is.
    • Like x 6
  16. spord Developer

Thanks for the report on Anti-Matter Bomb not splitting.
    • Like x 2
  17. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

In the current atomic tank what is most important is dominance and health! Mainly because of the healing factor!
    Would it be fair to say that with these changes now the most important thing for survival of the tank is the defense?:confused:
  18. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Thank you so much spord for clarification and for your reconsideration on getting back Damage Absorption mechanics on QG Aura which is one of the major core mechanic of Atomic Tanking. I would suggest to getting back the Quark Gluon Aura Damage Absorption mechanics to where it was before this last update. Can't wait to test it soon after the next patch/update.

Thanks again spord.
  19. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

And I add to this the fact that I can stun enemies!
    That is not working yet! I know it seems to be a bug ... But it does not work at all ...
  20. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Ice as well, if fitted against multiple adds...can also struggle as well. It's not as bad if you have Reflection or Winter Ward ready to cast...but something like Shatter Restraints gets destroyed quickly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.