Stats Revamp 1.3 - Atomic Feedback!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

New changes hit the test server today:

Atomic
    • Molecular Charges - Increased the Dominance healing percentage to 28% from 26%.
    • Quark-Gluon Aura - Increased the percentage healing to 2% from 1% and re-enabled the 20% Damage Absorption while not blocking.
    • Tank Role - Decreased Defense bonus to +100% from +105%.
    • Atom Splitter - The first Atom Fragmentation will again pull enemies to you.
    • Anit-Matter Bomb - now splits damage.
    • Like x 5
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Nice!
    • Like x 1
  3. Nemesir Well-Known Player

This is great and thanks to Mepps and Spord for this much needed and appreciated update and fix on Atomic Tanking and DPSing. Heading to TS to test the current changes ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. tiempo Well-Known Player

Awesome, anti-matter bomb is balanced now and the changes to tanking will hopefully make it feel like Atomic Tanking should play out. Can't wait to test the changes. Thanks for listening!
    • Like x 1
  5. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Great news!
    I just saw, and I'm going to the test server!
    But only one question:
    What about stunting enemies? Something?
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

A percentage of you max health at the time.

Say Stoke flames heals you for 8 second for up to 20 percent of your current max health. This way no matter how high you health gets a heal would be beneficial. It would take some math out o balancing imo but that discussion is for another thread haha.
  7. krytine Loyal Player

Now all we really need is fracture to be a solo tuant as well in tank role
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Feedback

I definitely see improvements overall. I feel stronger, I feel like I'm healing better. Activating the Aura definitely has an incentive now to get a bit extra heals, absorption, and crowd control resistance. The changes to Thermal Chemical Explosion are well done for that extra bit of CC that is needed in those sticky add scenarios. It seems like when utilizing the combat counters against bosses, you generate a bit more survivability. Bosses that are uncounterable as you see below are rough to tank around so the best you can do is just attack and combo. I did run into a couple of issues that I'm not sure how further else they could be addressed.

1. Power: It seems like with Atomic I can no longer play from the tray with, like on Live where we just spam combos over and over again. I have my spec in the first video around the 13 minute mark. I had to clip in weapon combos to get some power back. I was specced fully dominance and power in my mods. Around 60 points in the power stat, 60 points in the dominance stat, and a bit of points in the defense tab. I was also using Reserve Tank. I had about a 38k power pool and 12k dominance. Is there anything else I could do to avoid using my weapon altogether and just combo, if I wanted to play like that as a style for Atomic? I do realize that using a weapon plus countering (then healing the damage taken with the combos) is what will help you against counterable adds and to regen power.

2. Multiple Add tanking issue: I think I figured out a solution for this. Well actually two solutions. One solution would be to revert the changes to counter immunity to the way it is on Live. This way you can block, or counter, in a mob of adds and then quickly regenerate health with the Atomic combos. Right now the immunity is too short and too weak in my opinion. So let's just say you jump into a mob of enemies, you target focus on only one enemy and perform the combat counter system on that add. With stronger immunities, you may be able to survive the horde of enemies all at once. And if you make this change, then PLEASE do not decrease anything else....I believe that this change on it's own should handle the multiple add issue.

The other solution was to give all tanks in the game the mechanic of increasing health pool by number of adds around and increasing healing-in from the healer so that way it doesn't make the healers job harder to heal you. Obviously the second solution completely robs Rage of it's unique ability but I think it could be considered at least.

3. More counterable NPCs. Less uncounterable NPCs! Though I totally do understand that AF3 is centered around literal gods so that definitely makes sense on why I cannot put Zeus on his butt.

Video feedback

You can mute the music, I was just playing some background stuff from my playlist. First is an Oly run. This run you see me wave through adds, a couple uncounterable bosses, and different mechanics. Second is the GOM second boss and last boss. This run you can see the counter mechanics in play plus additional aspects like rotating shields, heals, and smart positioning. As for direct feedback, all I have to say is that Density as a shield, Energize supercharge, and crowd control from emitters/TCE are life savers. I definitely NEEDED all of those tools to tank successfully.
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Oh and off topic from Atomic but could you guys revert sidekick to what it originally was like in terms of healing like it is on Live? It currently does not heal based on percentage health (like it's supposed to) and it's a bit of a nerf for tanks who used it. The heals are minuscule and are not worth the long cooldown as well. On Live, the sidekick literally keeps you mostly full in health during it's entire duration....this is extremely useful for situations where if the healer dies, you have your sidekick ready to keep you up while your healer gets revived. Or even stressful situations where you are taking a bunch of damage in.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you still need it for the heals and control resistance which is vital but the overall defence should help us greatly in those crucial secs when we jump in and dont have the aura I cant wait to get on test and see how we are looking now
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

would just like to point out that no atomic tank i know use the fortified blocking mod most of us use max damage as the only time i ever block as atomic is to counter and most of the time actively comboing is the preferred method for us.. and please dont forget that being active instead of the turtle is why we love atomic to begin with
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

good changes thanks for listening to the testers
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Hi, guys! Yesterday I was able to join a random group on the test server for GOM!
    It was great to be able to test my tank like I was trying to do the same for the queue!
    I still intend on this weekend with my league, but I already had a great idea of ​​how the tank is. With this my observations:

I really feel strong. I do not feel weak as a tank!
    Taking the start where I forgot and wanted to tanking as I tank in the live and died twice, I soon adapted, and it was quiet!

One thing that you can persevere throughout the video is the difficulty of keeping my power!
    In fact the great difficulty I encountered in keeping myself alive was the lack of power!
    As long as I have power I can keep alive and tank at all!
    But the problem is that my power empties like water ...
    Even when I punch my enemy the power back is not the suicient!
    The controller could not keep me and the group!
    (Something I believe will be very common in the game).
    In this way I believe that something must be done so that we have more return of power, at least in the basic combos that keeps us alive! Just like this is not live!

Another thing that I certainly still feel very, very much lacking is the fact that I can not stun the enemies!
    This is really getting in the way of adds.

Anyway The video may show better. It was edited. Since everyone died all the time!:D

14. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Testing feedback as of the latest Atomic Tanking build.

Pros - Tanking improved greatly on adds and bosses, thanks for reverting QG Aura 20% Damage Absorption mechanic.

Cons - Tanking Power Consumption issue.

Atomic Tanking works as a series system mechanic starting with its Combo to be able to:
    1. Activate and Sustain Quark-Gluon Aura.
    2. Generate self-heals to heal back damage taken and stay up.

Running out of power just by doing combos puts Atomic Tank on a disadvantage and cannot be constantly fully effective.

Thus, my recommendation is to make Atomic Tanking Combos generate power just like on Live Server as using Weapon does here on Test Server.

This combo generating power mechanic is another one of the Major Tanking mechanic of Atomic to be a fully effective tank.
    • Like x 1
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

Atomic tanking does require you to be more active in ability usage than the other tanks, so I can definitely see power management being an issue now that the combos cost power.

Perhaps one solution is to give Quark-Gluon Aura an additional power regen bonus but only while the aura is active and you are in Tank role.
    • Like x 3
  16. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Yes, that can definitely be one solution in bringing power back mechanic to our combo system, by incorporating it to the Quark-Gluon Aura.
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Bug with ionizing Eruption:

Ionizing Eruption giving the Dazed PI when its only suppose to be doing Extra Damage from Dazed enemies. I tested to make sure by throwing Anti-Matter Bomb on Sparring Targets without the Dazing PI then with after using Unleash Anti-Matter. I then used Ionizing Eruption and then Anti-Matter Bomb and it was showing the same damage AMB would be with the PI on the target.

Regarding DPS, recorded a few Atomic DPS Hybrid videos just trial and error on Loadouts and wondered what the Aura does for those in DPS Role? Ive been playing more with the Dazed PI Loadout than combos due to the Aura being kinda useless in the DPS Role.
  18. eanur Well-Known Player

Either increase the regeneration while our aura is up or lowee the power of "combos" (not the first attack but the combo's after) when the aura is up. The whole point of atomic tanking is you have to keep combo'ing to keep healing and keep your aura active and if you are finding yourself in a position of fighting a boss and you can't finish a combo you use the aura and you die.

This should really be addressed now before earth, light, rage and celestial come on test cause they all going to run into a similar issue. If they can't do their full combo cause they out of power but their Base mechanic relies on it then there is an issue.

This is different to like pfft and hybrid power concerns cause they can stop, use their weapon, regen power and continue without a fuss but with Combo powers the powers are literally life and death when you fail mid combo.
    • Like x 1
  19. spord Developer

Ionizing Eruption's tooltip is wrong. It is meant to be adding Daze. The Quark-Gluon Aura is only a PI for the Atomic Combos and playing from the tray. Dazed is there for everything else.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I have a question. Could you guys make the healing crits affect all of Atomic's healing... both healing in and healing out..
    That way we're not forced to spec into crit damage if we don't want to and make stuff a little easier in the healers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.