Stat Revamp 1.3.....Fear is real

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jan 30, 2017.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not with Quantum...but I tripled their damage, so I can imagine that I would have left them even further behind if I had been on my Ice, Mental or Munitions toon. It was pretty damn bad. When I saw the scoreboard I wavedoxed them to see what the hell was going on, because there's no way i'm number one by that large a margin with Quantum...it was sad to see that they had good powers and were underperforming THAT bad. Next time I have one of those situations i'll save a screenshot just for you.
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yes yes I have lol on a daily basis, ran through UT actually and did 14 almost 15 mil compared to a 188 mental guys 4 almost 5mil.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I remember the one time I got to Nature DPS in GoM...I was the 4th DPS not doing too bad...and beating the 5th place DPS badly...and he was Mental. Needless to say, that second boss fight failed hard several times. So some people left, got replaced and others where kicked. Unfortunately I had to go healer...but the DPS that was below me...was now the fourth place DPS with me not too far behind him as healer now. That's just Bananas.
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I shrugged the 188 off as a CR100 booster tbh. See to many people doing weapon combo's with gadgets, ice atomic now its like Im done GGs GL on your run ppl.
    • Like x 1
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Certainly. When you PUG, you speak to the controller: "Troll, POT", and the controller ask you: "What does POT means?"
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, of course.

Yes, there will be loadouts that are perceived as best - probably a few vs. one specific one - loadouts that vary in effectiveness situation to situation and player to player. The big change, though, is that having the best loadout vs. a wide array of almost-best loadouts, or more fun loadouts, or fitting-your-character loadouts, will mean a very small difference in damage - not the massive, kick-worthy, or group-crippling gap we have now.
    • Like x 10
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

I hope you are prepared for the backlash from all the pros out there for that.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mystere Well-Known Player

If on live, people cant do decent dmg with AMs 1,2,3,4 what on earth makes you think they can do decent dmg with what is on test. They will still run around and fight things that dont matter, not block or dodge out of the way etc. I promise you they will still be so noticeable bad. Thus, why recreate a game for those players - I mean 1,2,3,4, is NOT hard.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

A lot of people just do not read power descriptions. There is no in game tutorial that tells you how to maximise your damage. A lot of people just pick the powers they like the look of.
    • Like x 2
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

to be fair I think what caused alot of people getting kicked is the CR system in place, with doing alot less dmg against a add thats even 2CR higher then you says alot, and I've seen people get kicked b/c of that, and often.

could of simply removed CR differential and removed the limitations on AM options giving people more options for AM loadouts, and balance the powers around that, and then just buff SP' as you are now. IMO I think people would of been more happy with that then what is currently going on.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

I have actually seen someone get 10X in a raid before. I have seen people get 10X in the anniversary event. I saw an electric DPS get 10X in KCT. If you combine in natural raids CR differential where 1 player is 2 CR lower than the enemy and the other is 2 CR higher than the enemy there is a huge gap in damage, damage potential, and damage in.

The game right now is not new user friendly and AM are not really explained at all in game.
    • Like x 2
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ok, I'm a little tired and fighting off a cold, so I'll attribute any crankiness in my posts today to that.

With that out of the way, pardon me for having very little sympathy for the possibility of some players' egos being bruised because they may not blow out others on the scoreboard and end up losing some bragging rights which (in my view) are just about meaningless.

Besides, chances are good that we'll ALL be relearning some stuff after the revamp when it comes to our powers and loadouts, especially when it comes to what might work best for us, so for a while the playing field will be as close to level as it has been. The pros (as you put it) may be having to check their egos sooner than they expect, especially the ones who get hyper-competitive about the scoreboard.
    • Like x 2
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

Do not misunderstand my statement, please. I did not express any agreement with those who would complain about it. As for the "pros" label, please direct your attention to my signature image.

Thank you.
  14. Heal up 96 Level 30

I agree with you there but there
    There but there was always flavor of the month
  15. Maxwill Committed Player

Have you compared how is ice tank on live and how on test?IF you have,you would have seen how weak ice tank is on test now and you wouldn't have replied to my post.
    Just because shields were buffed doesn't meant they are good as supposed to be or as good as they are on live.
    Dots were taken from some powers like Thought Bubble(Psychic Prison is a nice dot but too low damage for too few seconds,6 which is the half of most fields dots),Phantom Flames,Electroburst...
    Cryo-Foam's dot is not there...Intimidations animation is better coz it's faster and older, Battle Display's animation is slower...
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Oh really, tell me , bitter winds is a tank shield which absorbs damage equal to 100% of your dominance+ 100% of your restoration?
    Shatter Restraints and Winder Ward also absorbs damage equal to 100% of your dominance+ 100% of your restoration?
    Reflection Absorbs 10k+ 100% of dominance?
    100% sc are still on test...
    Have you compared how is ice tank on live and how on test?IF you have,you would have seen how weak ice tank is on test now and you wouldn't have replied to my post.
    Just because shields were buffed doesn't meant they are good as supposed to be or as good as they are on live.
    Dots were taken from some powers like Thought Bubble(Psychic Prison is a nice dot but too low damage for too few seconds,6 which is the half of most fields dots),Phantom Flames,Electroburst...
    Cryo-Foam's dot is not there...Intimidations animation is better coz it's faster and older, Battle Display's animation is slower...
  17. SheerFaith Committed Player

Give ´em a chance..maybe we´r going to get a big suprise and have more fun after this revamp..
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

i still hope that the new stat revamp comes with a lolipop
  19. Maxwill Committed Player

And nonsense comes from you coz you think you know but you don't.You think I've not read the patch notes and not played...
    But I've spent 5 years playing all roles all powersets well, better than most of players on EU + testing many hours everything there's something new to test, I've spent at least 6 hours testing powers and roles on test server with the stats matter.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

I completely agree with the AM, and non-AM gap being enormous. i use to very strongly consider leaving alerts if i saw 1 of the DPS not using AM when i was a support role. And if we were solo dps'ing an Alert id either ask someone else to help DPS or id leave. It was ridiculous and i for one am very glad this update AT THE VERY LIST fixes that discrepancy.
    • Like x 1