Stat Revamp 1.3.....Fear is real

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jan 30, 2017.

1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

You do realize as well that this could have been solved if they expanded AMS into both trees.. Which is what we wanted from the get go.. Now i dont mind the new direction whats on test server now, but the feedback is non existent. We are left in the dark as to how they want us to play the game.. no video tutorial no nothing.. I would love to see an ALL DEV 4-8 man run under their REVAMP 1.3. No players just the Devs and see how they can handle the game.. Then post it on here so we can study and take notes on what is the GOAL..
    • Like x 3
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Thanks for the reply. Wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly which I wasn't. Good thing I asked.
    • Like x 1
  3. MrGT Well-Known Player

I hear you, I do and this is not aimed at you but my worry is if 12345 in its current state can not be figured out what is it about the new system that is going to make it so much easier. Especially if it's 3 different ways that can be played. Players apparently can't figure out one. What is it that is going to make it easier? I mean heck to play this game one needs the internet right? If there is internet there is youtube. There are guides on the forums. If they are in a league they can ask for help. If a players is interested enough now to improve they can do research. What is going to make the new way any different.

Don't get me wrong, does not mean I like what we have now I just trying to get my head around how it makes things different in terms of easier for the players not knowing what to do.
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Right now in order to be an effective DPS, you have to use AMs, and that means using specific powers in some kind of order to get the big hits. Let's take Ice. If you use Glacier Flash, Freeze Wave, Resonating Gale, Shatter Restraints, Frost Snipe, Snow Ball, Ice Boulder or Frost Blast you'll see that they don't contribute to proper AM damage. Yet those powers mentioned are the ones that get used the most when leveling a toon, and they are pretty (for the most part).

With the stats revamp, those powers (at least the ones remaining) will all be technically viable. More viable powers means more options, not less like current AMs, so somewhere along the way these noobs will use powers that will do some decent damage. As opposed to now, where using those same powers might throw the AM out of whack resulting in lesser damage.
    • Like x 1
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I never wanted that. even if it was in both trees you are still left with a very stale way of playing the game spamming 123456 over and over in the same order. Not for me.
    and to say that feedback has been non existent is just foolishness and shows you have not been following the different versions they have been putting out on test and the constant tweaks based on feedback. they couldn't be anymore transparent if they tried.
  6. MrGT Well-Known Player

yeah don't get me wrong I want the variety. The AMs are not exciting. So basically luck is going to be the difference. They could now do 1645327 and they will perform some damage and it will not be that noticeable as it is now. That cool. But the order of the powers in the revamp is not going to be the only skill required. If the players don't know how to spec the SPs correctly then they will get as far as 164 and be out of power and then spam auto pistols or something and then probably fall back in Damage out again and we have the same problem. I llok forward to having options I really do. I don't want to be negative. Right now I am just unable to see how this helps those who don't know how to play currently. Maybe I just can't c it. It could be.
  7. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Mepps

The only way to keep 3 different playstyles is the segregate them into their own category. What this will do is allow a player to choose a playstyle and then their powers/weapons will be adjusted accordingly. Please pay attention below:

1. From the tray: the player chooses this option and will use his or her loadout to do damage to enemies. This would be the Advanced Mechanic we have right now except for the damage is smaller as the boost is removed, more powers can be used, and power back is granted. Weapon is able to be used but will be ineffective against enemies, more or less it's there for a hit counter or a lunge/blockbreak. Damage from this category should be similar to the other two playstyles.

2. Weapon only: the player chooses this option and will use his or her weapon to do damage to enemies. This would be consisting of regular weapon strikes consisting of combos, Weapon Mastery (non crit), and power tray consisting of only damage boosts and possible survivability protection such as shields and breakouts. Damage from this category should be similar to the other two playstyles.

3. Hybrid: the player chooses this option and will use his or her powers and weapons to do damage to enemies. This would consist of using weapons to gain back power, lunge/blockbreak, and use powers to add additional damage to enemies by applying power interactions, dots, aoe's, burst damage, finishing powers, weapon buffs, and etc. Power is granted back by using the hit-counter with the weapon so more tray powers can supplement the weapon attacks that also includes weapon buffs. Damage from both weapon and tray powers complement each other and should be similar to the other two playstyles.

So as you can see above is that you would have to segregate each into an option for them to be balanced. You will need to first set an overall damage goal that each can reach and maintain in combat. Then in each one you will have to buff the specified means of damage and decrease the other until it reaches that damage goal.

Trying to balance them all as a whole will not work and therefore should be abondoned while still in the early testing phases. The hybrid style is what should be your target goal in the outcome as that is the only way on how to achieve balance in this game. Look at the feedback yourself, am's are to easy for dummies to figure out, weapons only is just (you do this the game will die) dumb, and using a weapon along with a power here'n'there is what is easy considering that's what we have and should be used.

Devs and you too Mepps- please don't do anything stupid as it can cost you the game itself.
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkAya Dedicated Player

^^ My point exactly, there are lots of players clueless about AMs, see them everyday.
    I hear some individuals saying "Oh many people gonna quit the game after this revamp because they won't be able to spam powers and be the best dps ever!" < LOL.
    Nope, more people quit because of AMs , mostly because of what Mepps mentioned and I've seen that happening a lot through last 2 years, hello pugs!
    Some people are so focused on their own agenda, running content with best buddies alone and other elitists, they don't see the bigger picture...
    • Like x 5
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What 180-190 player have you seen that don't know what AMs are? Combat on test and live is 2 entirely different combat systems, so they are reworking the combat.
    I have never seen 2 same cr dps with one 10x the other, that's a gross exaggeration.
    Alot of new players don't know about AMs
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

To do top damage dcuo have always had one way to do it or 1 particular loadout. At one point it was about movement you were
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Did you 10x them?
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There's been times I did 6x the amount of damage as an ice DPS that actually used arctic gust and I'm celestial...I'm pretty sure bad players that don't know their AMs only putting out 10℅ of a good DPS damage exists lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

you kinda made my point? a lot of new players don't know about ams and that drives them away to quit. and as previously stated if you actually read previous posts. mepps was referring to the discrepancy between someone using and not using the advanced mechanic, regardless of cr tier level sp or anything otherwise.

and yes there are end game players who don't full grasp the AM, and yes if not used right you will 10x them. If you are using the munitions AM while the guy over there spams heat vision and dual pistols all instance then yes you will probably 20 x him and don't tell me it doesn't happen because I've seen it, regardless of cr or tier.
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

not to this degree with such a huge discrepancy to anyone not using it. thats kind of the point. they want to put the game in a place where there isn't one super duper load out that is ridiculously overpowered compared to everything else. will there be a go to loadout, probably, but the plan is to have a lot more of them be competitive with a little bit of know how.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

You know it's bad when I'm on my nature specced for precision and get top spot in oly or gom being in dog form which is might based. This is beating out sorcery players and others that are stronger than nature. But yea I've ran into ppl who don't know what ams are and they were in the hades duo. I ran into a quantum dps using wm while I used time bomb and whooped his a55. I told him about the am and just got back confusion in the chat.
    • Like x 1
  16. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I am sick of reading these posts where people are CRYING, literally crying about other people and how the play, and how much damage they do. People need to stop being concerned how others play and how their performance is. Wow, you can click buttons 1,2,3,4 faster than this person. Great. Put that on your job application, better yet your match.com profile. Quit worrying about stuff that doesn't matter and let people have fun. Nobody forces you to play with 'noobs' unless your elitist attitudes here spills over into the game to the point where nobody wants to play with you and you're forced to que into everything.

New players that are clueless are not ruining the game. Let them have their fun. You can take half a group of clueless people and half that know how to play and beat any cntent in the game as t is anyway, it's that easy of a game. Want to know what is really killing the game, point to the desparate cash grabs/putting sp in lottery boxes/flip flopping on MAJOR game changing decisions/boring content/lack of direction/look at me mentality of the community/scoreboard chasers/dwindling population/enabling whales that buy this crap.
  17. Fies Committed Player

Im hyped tbh.
    AMs were to hard to grasp which also explains pretty much everything else I ve ever wondered about regarding this game :rolleyes:.
    No matter what button I press I ll be able to carry my weight now. Full Prec + "Full Auto" spam finally viable? Make it happen plz.
    • Like x 1
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'd like to know if we'll be able to bring in our Legends characters to the new Revamp.
    It is looking more like LPVE anyway.

Actually with this Revamp coming, I'm beginning to like LPVE better!
    No Time capsules! No Stats Matters. Same gameplay, but more variety.
  19. tiempo Well-Known Player

To be honest, isn't this your fault as well?, 1. You created AM's 2. The lack of knowledge in-game as far as AM's go was very vague and unclear. Once again you left us to figure it all out and this created 2 dynamics. First some won't know that an AM even exist and then fall 10x behind in dps. With no training, no clear explanation, no proxy or example loadouts, no in-game video for an idea of what you could be doing, and you start to get one side of the divide of uninformed new and/or casual players (that have the potential to become regulars). On the other hand, you have some players that have dedicated a lot of time to understanding AM's, and how they work. Making that information feel that much more valuable, to the point where some don't want to just give anyone all your knowledge within 10 min. Some do and help friends out, but I can also understand those that keep closely guarded loadouts (I don't agree with it, but I understand and respect it). This information is earned.

The reason I point this out is because 2 things are becoming clear with the Stats Revamp (again with the #2, idk). There WILL be a best loadout for every power In SR (in time, a few players will find the best loadouts and rotations for every power, numbers don't lie. They will be closely guarded once again as it takes time and dedication to get it right). Once again creating a divide. And you have left it to us to figure it all out (even with all the info you gave us, still feels too vague and too little of it. we understand numbers, give us numbers. Why doesn't my tool tip tell me how long a shield last? etc.) As we can see where this recipe has lead us before, I fear we are just going in circles and naming similar mechanics differently. But if we keep going down this road, we are going to end up in the same place.
    • Like x 1
  20. tiempo Well-Known Player

is this ^ gonna be a thing...lmao
    • Like x 1