Stat Revamp 1.3.....Fear is real

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jan 30, 2017.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

huh?o_O
    • Like x 2
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

So am I understanding that the 3 different play types aren't being balanced against each other? Just whether or not content can be completed using any? If that's the case you might as well only develop one bc anyone using all weapons or pftt will still be booted bc they aren't maximizing damage.
    • Like x 4
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Can anyone provide a video with same cr and power with one dos doing 10x the damage as the other? I honestly have never seen it.
    • Like x 3
  4. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Im curious as to where you get this info from?? This cannot be based off a day to day playing basis. Just like how you guys were UNAWARE that TC were killing the game and in-game market. It was more important to adjust the game so casuals can play easier without establishing a gameplay foundation first??? I just dont see how you can justify that. Ive been a supporter for over 5 years you can look up my account(PM me), so i know i have the right to talk.

As a 5 year legendary, going on 6 year player; AMs(1234)pre made loadouts are easier to use and play than whats on test(revamp 1.3). No matter how bad your AM loadouts were, you were still pretty beast especially compared to a Electric, Nature, and HL. Why water down and NERF the WHOLE entire game? If casuals are your target market then why remove Cr differential, just to nerf the whole game in the revamp(including NPC damage, power, cooldowns, skill points, tanks, trolls, heals, and power cost?)

How many times do we have to do this dance Mepps? We've been here before and the devs destroyed foundation after foundation, starting over and over again.. Another 2-3years we will be at this again. Why? You do realize if the players got what WE WANTED and PAYED for 2-4 years ago,(depending on which GU), we wouldnt be having these constant issues and dilemmas. The problem is the feedback is being read, but NOT implemented. What good does the Devs reading feedback and MAJORITY of players constantly testing everyday, telling you what needs to be changed, if you guys are just going to do what u want anyways? NEWS FLASH: Majority of YOUR CASUALS arent on the TEST SERVERS, its the VETS.. And if THE VETS arent being heard that means TESTING is USELESS and pointless.

Most of us all have the same complaints, but the devs have another idea to make it so called fair. We've heard this before, we've been down this road TIME and TIME again.. Listen i like and support all my devs, but the defintion of insanity is repeating the same process(in terms of neglecting community feedback) over and over again expecting different results.

All we wanted was stats to matter again and expand the AMS.. THATS IT.. Now we hit the reset button for about the 3 or 4 time, in 6 YEARS. Think about that.. Jack promised that he WOULD NOT destroy DCUO fundamentals like the other game i will not mention "ALLEGEDLY". This is DCUO 6th year.. Why not just try something DIFFERENT this year.. Why not just listen to the Majority feedback and testers this year. Why must we go back and forth, between players and devs, for another year again. WHY? This is by means no disrespect to any DEVELOPER.. I APPRECIATE EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU HARD WORKING GUYS!! I mean that from the heart but the bleeding has to stop. The Devs can keep masking all the injuries and wounds by making money all you want but the game and the player base is still bleeding out. You must heal and treat the wound before continuing. Thats all i have to say.

PS. I dont expect a response im used to it.. Peace out smh:(:(:(
    • Like x 6
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What? Not sure what you mean.

Can you remind me again what you have told us needs to be changed?

No, you are not understanding. Baseline is in good shape, will continue tweaking max once we're through the fundamentals.

I was referring specifically to the AM bonus being used successfully over the length of an instance vs. not, if that wasn't clear.
    • Like x 5
  6. IamINC Dedicated Player

I hope they are cross referencing all 3 , Avair said in a post on Jan 27th (Can't remember which thread otherwise would have put a link here) that they are looking to make all 3 play styles output "very similar DPS" so here's hoping!
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Have...have you read the 1.3 notes at all?

Cooldowns will be revisited after 1.3 has been tested.
    Shields were buffed.
    DoTs were added back to Voltaic Bolt (maybe more, not sure).
    Cryo-Foam was brought back. Intimidation is not needed because Battle Display fulfills the role that Intimidation would have fulfilled anyway.
    • Like x 2
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So you're talking about low level toons? AMs are literally 1234, who don't know how to do that?
    So i understand, you're reworking the entire combat system because new players don't know how the combat work?
  9. Swiftduck Loyal Player

who said we werent getting a DLC till the revamp is done?.....iirc mepps said future DLC is not dependent on the revamp and that they have no problem putting aside the revamp whilst they put out new content.
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You think it's ok to drop another dlc with electric and nature dps staying the same?
    • Like x 2
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

That is what they said first (in the beginning) and of course after that they said that than they went on to say if it's ready they want to give it to us.... chances are though if we get it before stats revamp is done, it just means it will take even longer to finish and than if they put it halfway during the existing content folks are going to have to re learn content that they officially already "know". While will have to do that for a large part of the game... trying to do in existing relevant content before people are finished gearing... let's just say culture shock will probably happen.
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

i never said it was ok. ImO they need a temp hotfix for those 2 powers. All i said was that mepps stated future DLC was not dependent on the revamp. Which it still is not, seeing as mepps or any other dev has yet to come and say revamp will be finished before the next DLC. Which is highly unlikely.

We will most likely see 1 more DLC before the revamp.

Also you have to remember, they have more than one person working on different things at the same time. They have a team of people that do a bunch of stuff.

They more than likely have one team working on DLC/art/itemization and another working on the revamp.

Daybreak may be a small dev team but they are not so small that they can't tackle more than one thing at once.
    • Like x 1
  13. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Mepps I have been VERY critical of this change, but as it is coming together it may not be the end of the world. I still have to ask you to PLEASE take your time on this and don't rush it. I would rather wait til the end of the year or mid 2018 for a final product that is balanced and fun to play.
    • Like x 3
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Mepps was referring the damage discrepancy between a player using the advanced mechanic for a power and a player being clueless and not using the advanced mechanic and just hitting whatever powers they want. That discrepancy is currently enormous.

and hozier, I never wanted AMs to stay. I want them gone. so please do not speak for everyone. A lot of people are happy Ams are leaving because they limit the creativity of making load outs of a power.
    • Like x 4
  15. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Yes they are limiting, but would you be against them if you did not have to run them to do the same damage? I like the AM2.0 that his happening, it is opening up so much more for the player. I want to see what is in store for munition there are so many powers, many of us have never used just because they are not part of the AM or troll power.
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

alot of people don't know the AMs even exist or how to use them especially new players. do not assume that just because you know everyone does. it is not reworking the entire system. thats a gross exaggeration. they are reverting certain aspects while trying to improve on previous flaws.
    • Like x 3
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

the only reason why I am against them is because I am forced to use them to perform top maximum damage. if I had a viable option to just as equal damage I couldn't care less if AMs stay or go but as it sits they are the only way to do max damage therefore I want them gone. I want options.
    • Like x 3
  18. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Cool, I'm with you. I love the AM but I also want options, and anything that gives us that can't be that bad.
    • Like x 1
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

You are clearly NOT up to date on Test. Please update your Test server and play, or at the very minimum, read the actual patch notes, before spouting such nonsense.
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Have you played with random pugs in game???? I've gone up against the two EASIEST AM powers (Ice and Mental) with my Quantum toon and blown them out of the water. Not because Quantum is OP but because there are players who literally cannot figure out 1234. I've had to teach a few that were willing to learn. So yeah...it's that bad out there.
    • Like x 8