Stat Revamp 1.3.....Fear is real

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nucleus DC, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I don't think you understand what game or genre you're talking about.
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Its true. What super hero in comics or otherwise strictly engages in combat and simply spams their powers over and over. They don't. They fight they use powers they brawl they punch they kick. Flash does a power he engages in hand to hand combat same with every other superhero with powrrs. They all engage in actual combat in concert with powers
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Playing with powers only is actually pretty viable (but not 100% ready yet) on the test server at the moment. If people are expecting to fill up their loadout with all the heavy hitters they will be disappointed. If you want to play from the tray exclusively you have to make your ability choices accordingly. I played on my Mental character a little bit the night 1.3 went live and I had no issues playing directly from the tray because I built my loadout accordingly (SC, SC generator, PI applicator, low cost/cooldown ability, medium cost/cooldown ability, high cost/cooldown ability) and 100 SP in Power.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yup, we can agree on that bro. Even if we don´t see "eye to eye" certain things, i understand yor PoV and respect your opinion.
    Now go and get that cake! ;)
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The mistake being made by the devs and many of the enthusiasts here - the average player is not going to break out their spreadsheet so they can calculate the inverse hypotenuse of crit damage squared by might over dominance as divided by an imaginary number. The reality is that most people just want to punch something.

For the revamp, it's a killer in itself to ask players to start over and re-learn how to play the game from square one. It's worse to introduce a new stat scheme where the definition of how the stats work is also different and not straight forward or explained outside of gamepro's YouTube channel. It falls on deaf ears to say that here; the forum is populated by hardcore players that do indeed have a spreadsheet to figure it all out.

And for those who keep saying "but people left because of AM!!!" They're not coming back. You could give them the moon, but they're gone. You're chasing ghosts at the sacrifice of what you have left.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

That means I have to make some :oops:

The last of what cake I had disappeared mysteriously a few days ago because I was sad that Wade refused to write a book....

Cake should love me more, and like just magically appear.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The average Joe will go to Youtube as they were doing it for several years, following the loadouts and guides that the "enthusiasts" are going to post after the Revamp is released.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's actually more what the revamp is enabling them to do. At the moment the only way to do good damage is to use your power set's AM. With the revamp that's gone. There will no longer be just one way to do decent damage, there will be many ways and many loadouts. People will not be punished for using weapon attacks and whatever powers they like, whereas currently they do get punished for that because it's not the "right" way to do damage.

Now don't get me wrong, I know there will always be that one loadout for each power set that is the "best" loadout, but the discrepancies in damage between the "best" loadout and a mediocre one won't be anywhere even close to the discrepancies between the damage of someone who is using an AM and someone who isn't on Live at the moment.
    • Like x 4
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Oh right, of course. What I meant by viable was to put out damage commensurate with the other two build types. So far, that's not the case for pftt. I've been messing around with Ice on test over the last three revisions and I've disliked almost all of the changes so far (thank god they reverted some of the tanking nerfs). For me, the cooldowns are still too long and combat feels much too clunky. And still, a Legends-style build seems most effective in terms of dps... no bueno.
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

this.

also the average player who picks up this game should know its an mmo rpg and with that comes a certain level of understanding that its not just going to be simple smash em up game. Theres an understanding going in theres stats and other aspects to consider while playing the game other than just smashing buttons. I don't think your giving the average players enough credit. there will always be hardcore players who crunch numbers and have better stats and all that but the average player Imo still knows he or she is getting into an mmorpg where these things are known. You can't please the hardcore and alienate the average and you can't completely please the average without alienating the hardcore. The revamp like she said will close the gap between average and hardcore players while still giving gravity to improving your character through stats giving higher output but not hindering you if you don't have said stats.
  11. IamINC Dedicated Player

I believe this style is coming soon to a new time capsule near you :p
    • Like x 1
  12. IamINC Dedicated Player

I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms over whats on test right now , my feeling's have been documented enough on the forum regarding the direction and future of DCUO but I am still a fan and a loyal player and i will continue to be , at least for now because i remind myself
    that everything right now on test is in it's infancy , it's a starting point , the first droplets of rain before the storm.

We all are so quick (myself 100% guilty) of ripping the devs a new one over everything that happens , I put most of it down to passion for a game we all love.

I don't care how long the process takes as long as when it's done it is at a level that we can all appreciate and enjoy , yes there is a heck of a lot of work to do and sure there are a lot of things that I don't like about it so far but at the end of the day this is a long *** process that they are going through to try and make the combat system better than the current 12345 button mashing no skill needed BS we currently have.

I personally want all 3 play types to be balanced and will probably go hybrid myself , put your tin foil hats away , the end is not nigh just yet.

Let's all keep an open mind and try to promote a little more positivism among the community (myself included , I am too negative sometimes), stop scare mongering and doom saying until we at least get something close to a live worthy version on test ,then we can get our pitchforks and torches out , loot raid and pillage as one :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I wanted to chime in on this. The difference between a player unaware of AMs and an AM-master on live right now is beyond 10x, in terms of damage output. In the revamp, the distance between as-bad-as-you-can-play and master is significantly less. There IS still a difference, certainly, but it is not experience-ruining. The goal with that is so that the regular player just having fun can, you know, just have fun - not cripple a group and get instantly booted because they are not using that one exact perfect AM-certified loadout.

In the revamp, balance between the playstyles in terms of can the content be completed is in a great spot. Regardless of which playstyle you have chosen, you contribute enough for your group to get through the (regular, non-elite) content. There's still some fine-tuning to be done between the playstyles in terms of scorecard and maximum potential, etc, but we're not quite there yet.

We expect to have a fresh new version of the revamp up on test this weekend. We'll detail changes later this week once they are more concrete. A significant portion of our days are spent reviewing feedback, both at the granular change-by-change level and at the high level in terms of sentiment - and then adjusting to address it. We expect that to continue for some time.
    • Like x 16
  14. IamINC Dedicated Player

I think , for the first time Mepps I 100% like and agree with what you say :p
  15. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

That's encouraging. I really hope that pftt is fully viable and competitive in terms of max potential when it's all said and done. It's very, very important that this be possible imo.
    • Like x 1
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi Mepps,I haven't tested the dps,healers alot, I've tried controlling, it's easier than it's on live mainly coz of <<Auto-P.O.T.>>. Is it just me or they're nerfing ice tanks?So far that's what I've seen....
    • Like x 1
  17. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah they are ignoring feedback about tanks pulls cooldown and they increased some other powers' cooldown which we love to have it lowered...

They have nerfed ice tanks shields...

They've made 100% sc which we didn't want and we still don't want...

They removed lovely dots from powers, also some powers completely removed like intimidation,cryo foam...

Made it EVER MORE EASIER to controll coz of auto pot (controlling was so hard and they had to make it easier=sarcasm)...
    • Like x 1
  18. tiempo Well-Known Player

well.... we got a response, A fresh new version of the Stats Revamp, did I read that right?
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

This isn't true. If 2 players who are 190 cr and the same power without any exploits, the damage isn't that far apart. The problem is exploits and how unbalanced and broke powers are. We have Mental dps doing wm into am, we have ams with 2 shortcuts while some don't have any, and we have players who have been using other exploits for months straight. Even before the new CEO.

You all are trying to bring the skilled and unskilled closer to each other in gameplay when the problen is exploits and powers that's not balanced. Even with the unbalanced powers it's more like 2-3x as much damage, not 10x.
    • Like x 3
  20. Ringz Dedicated Player

So more of less repercussions for players who don't know how to play the game or a player that put less effort in the game, will be more in line of those vice versa?

And this is all before you guys put in the correct cooldowns and scalings you really want things at huh? hmmmm

[IMG]