Stat clamping and those against it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

Just because a few repeatedly make new "stat clamping" threads, yes this is 1 of them because the topic is the title
    Stat clamping and those against it

does not mean that , today instead of yesterday, the numbers for or against it have changed.

Stat clamping as a means to prevent the new/lowcr player from being carried or having their experience in lower tiered content,

will never be accepted by the majority of end-game players.

Stat Clamping lower content is not needed for making content "Fun".

What is needed and will satisfy both those for and against are the options to "walk-in" or "use current group".

YET those options still create a problem,

and the reason why any changes will never happen,

Queue times.

#inb4lock/deletion
    • Like x 3
  2. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Well, your opinion has absolutely 0 basis in reality and lacks all sorts of logic and common sense while his opinion actually has basis in reality and actually uses all sorts of logic and common sense, so... LOL. Seriously, anyone who thinks stat clamping will solve the problem of players at end game not knowing their roles is a blind fool who prefers to just ignore reality altogether rather than live in it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Even if it is it isn't forced.
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Use current group would be nice and this thread was also incase walk ins couldn't be implemented. Actually I'm pretty sure they closed the origin crisis portals. Honestly I don't see what's wrong with giving players the option to A play with their own levels and B play with higher levels.

Like I've said a few times I don't think this would clear ALL of the problems or MOST of them but to me allowing lower levels to play like the old players did before wouldn't do any harm.
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

going off of the past of this game nothing is or has ever been optional lol, that is also why ppl tend to be against it even when ppl claim its optional.
    • Like x 4
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

That's why I want to suggest something optional. If you don't want your stats to be lowered to the CR relevancy of the raid they don't have to be. If you don't care then that's fine too. If you don't want to be carried you can have that option too.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

While I can understand why some don't like it, personally I've never had any real problem with the idea of stat clamping. I don't think it's a magic fix that will make everything all "puppies and sparkling rainbows" or anything like that, but when comparing it to other ideas people have put forth it comes across as an idea that has a whole lot more positive potential for the overall game.

I'm also of the "give everyone a fair shot" school of thought, so the idea of lower level/CR players getting a fair shot at enjoying content as it was intended for their CR appeals to me as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No.

Sadly... it can turn missions into a certifiable nightmare.

We already have some examples IN DCUO of what you can expect from stat clamping.

When we get the next spring event... go play the Swamp Thing mission in a random PUG and THEN tell us how you are not against stat clamping.
    • Like x 3
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Was stat clamping optional in seasonal events?

Was stat clamping optional in Suicide Squad??

Even in the Anti-Monitor event our stats were fixed.... again.... nothing optional about it.

So.... when is the last time that anything was optional in DCUO???

Why would you even think that if stat clamping was added to DCUO.... that it would be optional??? at all??
    • Like x 3
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This is true I don't like that event but that's how it is for all events hence why I don't do them.
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well that wasn't my suggestion and I agree it's unfortunate that events are like that. This suggestion wasn't for events that don't give you a choice, it was for content some pay for and want to enjoy.
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

Stat clamping allows players to experience the content their first time in it vs watching one player decimate it. It allows people spending well over a hundred dollars a year to enjoy 6 years of content as opposed to what 2 instances u can play all roles
    Allows support roles to actually play the support roles. Where can u tank besides GM & ONLY? Not the alert. Its so easy its pointless not running 3 dps.

Its this simple. At full T4 gear T4 content should be as easy as easy can be. Full 88 gear t5 should be the same and so forth

IF NOT U DID NOT EARN YOUR CR. You skated by. Its that simple. Fully teird every single piece of content dcuo ever built has been relaxingly easy.

8 man contents team oriented so the people who can't respect that should be at the bottom of the consideration line imo.
    • Like x 1
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

Explain. I see thus as very simple. If u can't over power an instance and ignore the machanics u are left with two options.

Quit or learn. The everyone will quit line is nothing more then an opinion and mine is the exact opposite. We have years where thus was the case and many who been here the entire time refer that as the best years NOT baby mode

What will happen is support roles will have more opportunity to practice NOT just end game as currently happens.

There is so many positives what's the negatives?

Show me a poll showing the vast majority leaves or hates it because my experience as a year one guy says its no where bear as bad as a select few make it out to be. I can show multiple ways it adds to the game. I know I would be ecstatic to have all that playable content again as opposed to well nothing currently

Stats matter is way more dangerous in terms of driving people away. Time capsules again are way more dangerous then optional stat clamping. You nay sayers in now 16 pages have stated nothing of substance
    • Like x 1
  14. Saami Loyal Player

I have tried to ask, if anyone want me to stay back or lower my cr in low cr instances. So they could have some challenge.
    No one never ever have said "yes"
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Your experience. I demolished a raid for a friend but realized my mistake when the lower level got very upset. This was in Paradox Wave and I took the shortcut instead of doing the tunnels.

Exactly whats wrong with *optional* clamping? I don't see the harm in it at all.
  16. Saami Loyal Player

Nothing wrong with optional clamping. With same rewards as regular instances, no extra bonuses.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

The reality is you made a thread when the other one was barely off the front page, you could always try doing a "search" of the forums before making repetitive threads.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

OMG this has been discussed to death and many people have posted opinions and responses as to why on a basic level the stat clamping doesn't work, just go review some of BumblingB's posts for example.

The reason you think there's no genuine or logical responses is because you're not open to them, you don't care about them and you don't want to hear them because all you want is stat clamping despite what anyone tells you about it.

It's also just the same people making and posting in the threads over and over again because they don't want to let it die.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Did they have the same suggestion as me?