Stat clamping and those against it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Feb 24, 2017.

1. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I play games that stat clamp. They DO exist. You know nothing sorry. And i'm seriously tired to rwead such immature posts so another one blocked.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

So tell me what rewards are you going to give to encourage the vets to do an "optional" system
    • Like x 1
  3. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Well, when they are clearly wrong, yeah. Should we take you seriously after claiming that stat clamping will help players actually learn their roles lol? It's funny you guys think stat clamping will actually help players learn the game. News flash. It won't and anyone who thinks it will doesn't understand how most players work and think. Son, I've been playing games like this for years, and it's always the same result. You have the few hard core players who want everything challenging and difficult no matter what, even old stuff. Than you have darn near everyone else who would end up quitting if old stuff remained hard or difficult.

How about, instead of insulting me, you do a little bit of research and actually try to understand the common, average, every day player instead of fighting for something that only hurts the common, average, every day player, causes them to just up and quit, and eventually kills this game and any game like it. A little bit of actual knowledge on what players actually enjoy might do you some good.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I do because angeloflife isn't in denial and speaks the truth.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
  6. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Did I say they don't exist? Nope. Never once. I shall say this again. Try reading it fully so you can understand it.

There are a few that have found success by implementing an optional clamping system, like WOW's timewalking. A few others that have managed to balance content well around it like FF14. But most games like DCUO actually don't clamp you.

Now, where in any of that did I say games that clamp you don't exist lol? I don't see that stated anywhere. What it does say is that most games don't, which is actually true. Most games DON'T clamp you at all, and most that do have ways around it. There's only a few with a forced clamp. I could list games with a forced clamping system on one hand.

Now, since I'm blocked, you may not read this, but your statement just exemplified that it is you, and not I, who knows nothing lol. Good show.
    • Like x 1
  7. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

I know. Most of them play other games that, get this, 9 times out of 10 HAVE NO CLAMP because, get this, it wasn't a lack of stat clamping that caused them leave this game for other games. This game has so many issues I could list that stat clamping will do absolutely nothing to fix and in actual fact do much more harm and actually make the situation for this game much, much worse.

I have my own issues for this game that are leading me out the door, but I would have left 4 years ago had they brought in stat clamping then for sure. I would not have been a customer of this game for just over 5 years had it clamped my stats. I'd have moved on a long time ago because like most everyone else, I find the idea stupid. This game needs a lot of fixing and all stat clamping will do is limit their resources further to the point they won't have the people to fix anything lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Half of those were what you assumed thus they were simply opinions. I'm not sure you understand what a fact is. You also resort to insults to get a point across, just proof that you do not have a logical argument to back it up.
    • Like x 1
  9. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. I didn't assume any of what I said. What makes you think I assumed any of it? Literally EVERYTHING I stated in that post was an actual fact that I actually backed up with historical evidence proving it to be a fact lol. The fact that you think I assumed any of it when ALL of it was factually correct speaks volumes though. And I'm not the one resorting to insults actually. You are however. Good show.
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Please provide the evidence of things that haven't happened yet or isn't documented. Where am I resorting to name calling or insulting. You called someone and people like them weird because you disagree with them. You also said that if I wasn't blind I'd be foolish for my opinion.
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

What truth would that be?
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[quote="Saint Nutella, post: 3910674, member: 301130"]This is true I don't like that event but that's how it is for all events hence why I don't do them.[/quote]
    And that's what would happen to the rest of the content...high CRs would stop queuing them, because no amount of extra marks is worth the headache in content we've already conquered. Queue times would reach new heights of low for newer players along with the reduced completion rates. That would cause a large portion of them to just quit and find another game. No problem gets solved, and instead we add to the list of already existing issues.

The obvious answer is to add cool cosmetics to incentivize higher players into helping lower players while handicapping themselves (because that is essentially what clamping is). Thing is, they could easily do it...but instead all new cosmetic items (like materials) are being placed in RNG infested lottery boxes Time Capsules and Booster Bundles, leaving them nothing for rewards other than extra marks (which become very useless after a point).
    • Like x 1
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The only rewards denied players who exceed the CR relevancy are Marks, so that'd be the first place most would look to add rewards. The problem with that is that would more than likely cause a spike in vendor prices to account for all the extra Marks coming into the system, and I don't think players or the devs want to have to deal with that particular problem again.
    • Like x 1
  14. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. Not wrong. Most games actually DO do it like DCUO. Most actually don't have a sync. A few do yes, no denying that but most actually don't. I'm not calling anyone names. Haven't called anyone a name yet. Though you guys have called me names.

I know WoW's timewalking feature is optional. They don't force players to take part. I know that for a fact. He didn't call me on that. They found success with an OPTIONAL clamping system. And to point another fact, WoW doesn't clamp any of their old stuff at all outside of that timewalking feature. They don't because they understand most of their players don't want it. They created timewalking for those few who do. They saw a niche market and decided to use it.

And what's wrong with "lol"? You do undersand that it means laughing out loud right? It's an expression to exclaim that I'm laughing at what some of you guys actually think and believe.

By the way, I'm not throwing my opinions at the wall and calling them facts. I'm throwing straight up FACTS at the wall. What? You can't tell the difference lol? Just goes to show that you have done no research and have no credibility.
    • Like x 1
  15. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

It's called historical evidence based on what's happened with FoS 2, Inner, Prime, Dox, Throne, DWF. Really? Do I need to paint a picture for you of what most players do when they come to a seemingly impassable wall? It ain't rocket science. It ain't hard to know for a fact what's going to happen if you actually go back and see what has already happened in the past and will continue to happen well into the future. It's like this. "Those who don't learn from the past are condemned to repeat it." And, obviously, you guys are not learning from the past of this game.

Calling someone blind or foolish isn't calling them a name. It's simply recognizing that some of you really have no clue whatsoever about what you are even talking about.
    • Like x 2
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

And that's what would happen to the rest of the content...high CRs would stop queuing them, because no amount of extra marks is worth the headache in content we've already conquered. Queue times would reach new heights of low for newer players along with the reduced completion rates. That would cause a large portion of them to just quit and find another game. No problem gets solved, and instead we add to the list of already existing issues.

The obvious answer is to add cool cosmetics to incentivize higher players into helping lower players while handicapping themselves (because that is essentially what clamping is). Thing is, they could easily do it...but instead all new cosmetic items (like materials) are being placed in RNG infested lottery boxes Time Capsules and Booster Bundles, leaving them nothing for rewards other than extra marks (which become very useless after a point).[/quote]
    I never said that high levels should get nothing. I think that they should get the same amount of marks as they would for content made for them if they decide to clamp their stats but that would probably put a dent in the sales of replay badges even though marks of victory aren't really useful at endgame.

And the high level isn't forced to clamp themselves like other threads have suggested. I just wanted to see what people would think of adding more choice to the game. I'm against forcing people to play a single way hence why I was against AM and why I'm for the revamp.
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

Dang gone proxy do I need to handle every aspect of duo? Loll sarcasm ofcourse. Who know what the Dev's could cook up but I know without a shadow of a doubt that IF they had decent rewards players would be drawn in

I am a billion percent certain focusing on rewarding players for this is better then focusing on schemes and gimmicks to suck cash out of us. Especially when u walk away empty handed most often.

Look at all the styles between bundles , time capsules SM, and seasonals. I think kits extremely safe to say we can figure something out. Also some form of currency to buy styles as an alternate to marks we currently get. We have a lot of options
    • Like x 1
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

One. I didn't insult you. I made an observation. Two. You called people names. Insult. Good on you.
    • Like x 1
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Its funny that you think we are the ones in denial....
    • Like x 2
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

1. And your numbers and the survey you conducted to back up this statement are where?

2. You have surveyed the majority of players in the game, on all servers and platforms, to confirm this?

3. Possible, but nowhere near a certainty.

4. The methods in which people learn things can and will vary, and what works for one person is not guaranteed to work for most or all people.

5. Again, a possibility but not a certainty.

If even half of the things you declared as "fact" were indeed facts, we wouldn't see the consistent running of clamped seasonal and event content, or even the easy-as-pie duo for Stabilizers being run because all of those are clamped. Chances are good that they would have eliminated clamping altogether long ago.

But the clamped instances are still around, and queue times don't usually take too long.
    • Like x 2
  21. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. Try again. I didn't call anyone a name yet. Simply recognized that you guys don't have a clue what you are talking about. Nothing more.
    • Like x 1