Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

He wasn't in "Rogue One", was he?
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yup, he and Artoo are together when the Rebel fleet scrambles to help at Scarif. It's right around the 1:36 mark of the film.
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Damn, was sure only Artoo had been in them all :(
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I wasn't being/trying to be confrontational, I'm sorry if you took my post that way. :(

willflynne already answered the 3PO mix up.

Minor characters are quite possible, Mon Mothma and Ackbar would be really high on the list of possibilities, IMO.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Seems we both jumped a little, didn't feel you were being confrontational, was simply explaining
    • Like x 1
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sigh, the haters have already come out from under their rocks. They are attacking any semi good review of Solo, using that tried claim of critics being shills.:rolleyes:

The rottentomatoes' critic score really has them ticked, it's currently at 73%.

They are of course waiting on the audience scores to be the "true score". You know the completely reliable system, that can in no way ever be rigged by early scoring and by people who never watched the movie.:rolleyes:
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Ehhh...while I can agree that there will be trolls and haters who just want to stir up trouble and yes, the Rotten Tomatoes system may not be reliable but nothing against you but my reaction to such things is...
    [IMG]
    I like many in the forums don't get swayed by RT and movie reviews because those things are there just to help the moviegoer make a decision. In the end, its all up to choice. You can either go see it or not. As for the movie reviewers, nowadays there are so many that I usually listen to those that inform and entertain, but most importantly are honest. However, there are reviewers who overpraise films which don't help anyone especially moviegoers. Which leads me to what you said about movie critic shills. A good example, I used to listen to some of the folks at Collider and critics like John Campea, until little by little, I noticed something of suspect and have since dropped them. Then there's the opposite like reviewers such as Jeremy Jahns, who is straight to the point, funny, and again, honest.

Even so, I'm still going to see the SOLO film to see it for myself which I recommend
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Local TV has been playing the first six movies (in the wrong order: original trilogy first, and then the prequels :rolleyes: ), and have realised something: Palps and the Sith were right, the Jedi Order was corrupt and their teachings flawed, specially the All Wise Yoda, he of the "Only the Sith deal in absolutes" and that other nonsense he yammered on about, he didn't want Luke to confront his father, not because he believed Luke would fall to the 'Dark Side' butt because he might have managed to save Vader and together defeat Palps and The Sith, something Yoda was never able to do

Something else that never made sense: ignoring that whole rubbish about replacing his original actor with the younger actor butt not Kenobi, how did Vader learn how to become a Force Ghost in one day, when it took Kenobi years living in desert? Not to mention Vader spent the last 20 odd years being all evil and Sithy? o_O
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Some things are best left to the imagination
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

But that is the proper order. I'm not joking, it is.

Yes the Jedi order was very flawed, they were to set in their ways and after a thousand years of peace they had no reason to doubt those ways. True the order was somewhat corrupt but not by their doing or intent, it was because of the politics of the Republic. The Jedi were the defenders of the Republic and there were things that the government had them do that were good in political ways but not in other ways. Those things are what allowed many of the galaxy to except Palpatine's condemning of the Jedi.

Ugh, knew it was going to be difficult to keep this short, sorry.:(

That was never a concern to Yoda, he didn't have an ego like that. Yoda knew that everything was to rushed (Luke only had about a month of training with Yoda) and that if Luke failed that was it, all their efforts would be for nothing. Plus Luke was the only person to see a spark of Anakin still there, so no one ever thought he could be saved. But yeah for someone who said "only Sith deal in absolutes", he certainly had a few of his own.

Vader as a ghost, that goes into the issues of writing prequels to any story, let alone a not so well written one. Basically the Anakin ghost is just a showing of him being truly redeemed, that he gets to go to the good place. I don't really think he was a full on force ghost, just a basic ghost that had a one time appearance for his son.
  11. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I don't really know how to word this, not sure there are words.

Was going through the comment section of a John Campea video he posted early this morning (Wednesday) and saw someone stating his sadness over the bad comments on John's Solo review video. So I took a look and it was filled with a lot of bad comments, by mostly people who never comment on and most likely don't normally watch his channel.

After getting tired of reading the just dumb and flat out mean comments, I noticed that John hadn't done either of his shows today. So I checked to see why and found on his Facebook page he had posted a long letter about the Solo responses he was getting, with many of those comments.

This is where the words fail me, the things people wrote, some with such vile threats, just because he said he had fun watching Solo :(o_O. I just don't get it, it is just a movie.:confused: What has really happened to the world?
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Just heard that Obiwan movie is rumoured to be set before IV, but after III. So there is a pretty good chance the almighty Ewan McGregor and his high ground will return! Something to cheer you up.

And although I did want an origin movie, we probs wouldn't have seen Ewan back as Obi, so I'm happy with the direction they are taking.

[IMG]
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This was unexpected.

And out of the dark side of SW fandom. It appears that Harrison Ford is either a Disney shill or a senile old man, for having the audacity to say he likes the Solo movie and really liked Alden's work, after watching the movie twice.:rolleyes:

Seriously, this is the man that has hated being connected to SW and even tried to get Lucas to kill Han in RotJ, so he could be free of him, which is the only reason Harrison did TFA. Harrison has also been well known to be someone who doesn't BS or mice words, he's not one to lie about such things.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Go kiss a wookiee! Just because Ford likes the movie, he's either a shill or senile? Cereally?
    • Like x 1
  15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Finally, a movie about someone who's famous just cause of his costume. Hopefully, this movie will give more recognition to the character instead of his armor.

Oh and

He didn't hate to be connected to SW, at least I don't think so. He had a reason for his wish to be killed off.

(Oh and go to the 0:48 second mark to see how concerned JJ is that TFA almost got spoiled)
  16. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

it's just so....boring.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Do we really need a movie about a failed bounty hunter? We already had his origin and his hilarious death, would rather have a movie about the Jawa (Utini!!)
  18. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Boba is a cultural phenomenon for Star Wars fans, and many people (including me) wants to see this character in action and not just him flaunting his cool costume and falling down a hole
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Finally saw'd it yesterday, personally felt it was good, plenty of things that simply didn't make any sense (Han was now at the beginning of the Rebellion? even though he told them to take a hyperjump. and that guy near the end, who now owns Daenerys, isn't he dead?)

Would really enjoy seeing a sequel where he goes to Tattoine (for a planet in the arze-end of the galaxy, it sure gets a lot of high-profile visitors...) and starts working for a bloated slug; this would be better than both a Kenobi and Fett love-fest combined!!
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Solo is MUCH better than its box office numbers suggest. The only reason its struggling is cause people are suffering from blockbuster fatigue: Infinity War, to Deadpool 2, to Solo. Many people are tired (which is why Disney should've made a tradition with Star Wars movies being released in December).

The guy at the end, was a subtle reference to the Clone Wars series. That was my favorite part in the movie, since Lucasfilm has finally realized to reference to the best Star Wars TV show of all time, as well as link the new movies to the old, something they have shied away from. In the series, they show how that guy was still alive. And that guy, is also in Rebels.

Han was offered to join the rebellion by that one woman, but he rejected, instead triggering his part in New Hope. Hopefully, the Qi'ra deal will be resolved before he meets Leia in New Hope.

Kenobi has been anticipated for a long, long time, even before Rogue 1 released. Disney needs to make this happen soon. Fett can wait, and so can Solo, and not to be rude, Lando too. Kenobi should be, and hopefully is, top priority at Lucasfilm right now (after Episode IX of course).