Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, butt do we really need to have a movie about a grumpy hermit in a desert for 2 hours?
    It's the same with Fett and Calrissian: there's just not a full length movie in them

Oh, and knew who that was at the end, butt that raises another question: how did Palps and Little Orphan Annie not know he was still alive? Which, to me, makes many a 'flashback' rubbish
  2. Helderman Dedicated Player

Do you mean Darth Maul, the best thing of The Phantom Menace? The badass who had presumedly died from a hahakiri by Obi-Wan? This guy?
  3. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I am appalled that you think that's all Obi is. An Obi movie gives us a chance to explore a bit more of some classic Jedi vs. Sith action as opposed to the gunfighting Disney is obsessed with. And plus, he was the best part of the prequels and he damn well deserves a solo movie. And one more thing, I need to see Ewan Mcregor (and not just me, i assure you) as Obi one more time before I die.

Palps knew he was alive (and even dueled him), so did Ani. It's in the Clone Wars series, which was made after the prequels were released.
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Wow that was incredibly rude of you.
    • Like x 1
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

seppuku/haRAkiri

and you don't perform Harakiri on others, only to yourself that it's Harakiri.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

There has been unofficial comments that an Obi-Wan movie would take place on different planets. My thoughts would be that he moved around for awhile to misdirect any Jedi hunters, so we would follow those adventures. But there are also thoughts of him answering a call for help from old friends. Of course whatever he does will have to be in secret and no, a certain heavy breather shouldn't be in it.

The person in question made a return in the Rebels cartoon and I'm sure there was an explanation (I didn't see all the episodes). This makes me very curious as to what happens to the person, from Solo to Rebels, circumstances seemed to change quite a bit.

As for the movie. I saw it a few hours ago and thought it was good and I will be seeing it again in theaters. It makes me even more pissed at these dumb haters and their false claims of victory for the box office numbers.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh HAEL no! Don't do another "Arrow", where he was supposed to have been on the planet for 20 years (mang, Kenobi did not age well... ) watching over Pluke butt instead left several times
    Unless those 'unofficial comments' came from Glucas Himself, then, just like the EU, they don't damn well count!!

Only managed to catch a couple episodes of Rebels: it was on a stupid time here and it didn't appeal enough for me to bother

And gets back to what said earlier: 90% of the time, flashbacks are crap and contradict a lot of what happened originally
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

The person in question dies in Rebels (by the hands of Kenobi, again), but is introduced (more like reintroduced) in the Clone Wars series.

I feel like what the Obi movie can do, is tell a story about the surviving Jedi after the Purge, like Shaak Ti. Of course, it would focus on Obi, but include a more Jedi vs. Sith dynamic. And if it goes that way, Colonel Heavy-Breather would have to be in it. Or, they could introduce Starkiller, but that is heavily unlikely.

Or, it could focus solely on Obi, and a rematch with his horned Zabrak friend.

And I agree, the movie was really fun. Especially the ending. It really sets up a great storyline for future Solo movies, as well as possibly connecting with other anthology films.
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

At this point, we don't care about the story, I just want to see Ewan McGregor as Obi again.

I agree, Rebels is pure trash. Go watch Clone Wars on Netflix, it will answer your questions about the horned guy in Solo.
  11. Helderman Dedicated Player

Given that McGregor is in Christopher Robin aka the Winnie The Pooh live action movie and Hollywood stars like Forest Whitaker are being reduced to Disney employees, almost certainly he will reprise his iconic role.
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I saw that you told DarkVisor about the return in Clone Wars, so I just talked about the run on Rebels.

This box office mess is such a shame. Not only is Solo good but it did such a good job at opening the door for not only a sequel but other possible movies.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was thinking about a couple Easter Eggs that, while a nice nod to the original trilogy, POO fudge-pack everything

Han was given the name 'Solo' by the recruiter? What about his family on Corellia? And his evil cousin? Oh right, because those stores weren't written by Glucas Himself, none of that counts
    They couldn't have spent even five minutes showing him actually in the Flight Academy? They thought it would be more 'fun' to segue from the line "We will have you in the air in no time" to him as a ground-trooper falling after an explosion?

That move he pulled with the rock? Leia just happened to pull the same stunt with Jabba? Except she didn't use a rock
    Speaking of which, she also just happened to use the identity of a Bounty Hunter we hear in passing?

Beckett was wearing the helmet Lando wore in RotJ, don't recall him returning to the ship with it, so how did Lando get hold of it again?

Wasn't paying too much attention to Solo's pants, butt were they the ones with the stripe down the outsides? If not, hopefully the sequel will show him getting them and his trademark vest

Not trashing the movie, the movie overall was great, just these are some of the things that stood out for me as being 'wrong'
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Ahhh yes, Solo's pants, the most important topic in the movie. Let's discuss this more:

I don't believe he got his trademark pants (not sure if they're even trademark, but ok). His Solo costume is more similar to TFA.
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Han may still have blood relatives somewhere but the movie sets it up as him not viewing them as any kind of family. I don't mind the name thing, it was a rather bland way to do it but nothing really to bother about.

Would it have been interesting to see Flight Academy? Yes but it would have been a drag on the whole of the movie and yes it was a better segue to the battle on Mimdan. An early showing of how what Han plans rarely goes to plan.

Yeah the rock thing was a bit to blatant of an Easter egg but the name drop was cool.

Beckett was actually wearing the entire outfit Lando wore in RotJ not just the helmet but yeah I also didn't notice if he was still wearing the helmet when he got back to the falcon. But if he wasn't wearing it, that's more of a movie thing than a reality thing.

The outfit you see him wearing in all of the posters and promos is what he wears in the movie. So no, he's not wearing the pants you are talking about. He only has his blaster and the dice by the end but remember the movie takes place 10 years before ANH, that's a lot of time to develop his look and swagger.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, maybe not 'trademarked', mean 'iconic', along with his white shirt, boots and vest

Those are as much iconically Han as the hat and whip is for Indy

As for the name and family thing, in the 'don't-count-for-****' books, Solo was his family name (and they were fairly well-off), and his cousin was a hyphenated Solo
    Butt yeah, it has been battered into me enough that what happened in the books mean nothing
  17. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I agree that the whole "Solo" last name origin didn't sit well with me. It was given by a mere Imperial officer. That name is so iconic and its given by someone so insignificant. Was hoping it was a family name, or it was given by someone more important, like Chewie, Beckett, or Qi'ra.
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Saw it again today.

Not only was Beckett wearing the entire suit, he also had the same axe Lando used. The helmet was attached to his belt when he got back on the Falcon and it seems the outfit was Beckett's from the start, that's the gear he brought for the job.

Unfortunately I didn't think to look until the last few scenes where Han is still standing in the open but from what it looked like, he might be wearing dark blue pants with red stripes. He also has his boots and of course his gun and holster and though it's hard to see, he is wearing a vest in the very last scene. He is still wearing a black shirt so it's hard to notice at first.

Sorry but I need to ask. You do know that the (as you call it) trademark outfit was only worn in ANH? He had different pants and jackets/vests in the other 3 movies.
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

In another low of the toxicity of the SW hater fandom.

Kelly Marie Tran has deleted everything off of her instagram account do to months of harassment. Since at least when TLJ was released, Kelly has been constantly sexually and racially harassed on her instgram account. To add, both Wookieepedia and Star Wars wiki have had the Rose Trico sections edited for short times, with offensive remarks and racial slurs.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Damn! They really need to start tracking down those grubspitters and doing a Jay & Silent Bob on their trolling arzes!! :mad: