Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, who ever it is, has arms as hairy as a wookiee, butt 'human' hands, which is why confuzzled (which isn't unusual for me)
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

That's about fairy tale hope. In fairy tales, hope is a noble motive.
    In reality and when dealing with a bunch of wicked and customer cheating companies, "hope" is why these companies stay in the healthy profit margin range....
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

We are on the road to Ep.9 now.

Skip to 2:35

I am very much looking forward to the journey and the destination.
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

As stated in this, nothing is officially confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt.

Now if true, there will be some very happy people out there and a bunch pompous youtube videos with them dancing their gigs.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I hope it's Old Republic related! Rian is apparently a big fan of the KOTOR games so I can't wait to see what he has in store.

But then again, it could be the D&D trilogy since they've finished up Game of Thrones and aren't working on anything else. Rian was directing his new film "Knives Out "a little while ago.
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    For those who haven't seen or heard about this, I figured to include this throwback which has been reimagined by some fans
    • Like x 2
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  8. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I won't say much about D&D and GOT because we're in the Star Wars thread but I'll just show the reaction I had so far for this final season
    [IMG]
    And let's just say after season 5, the nuanced storytelling began to drop in quality. Since they're not adapting someone else's work, I hope that D&D do a better job in their Star Wars project
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Well... To each their own :p.

But yeah, I hope D&D do well with SW.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Very cool!
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

If this is true, I feel it would be playing with not just fire but a volcano.

We've seen how people reacted to how Luke was portrayed in TLJ, from their mistaken idea of him. Luke is just one character.

Can you imagine how people would react to any deviations in a whole storyline as highly regarded as KOTOR?
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Not a volcano, but a super-volcano, like Yellowstone. Honestly, I'm scare for the future of Star Wars. Not for what direction Disney is going to take, but what the fans will do in response if they don't like it.

But the hype for SW is increasing after the new trailer for TROS as well as new photos. The fandom has mended a little bit.
  15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Official photos by Vanity Fair of TRoS

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Important Behind the Scenes photos:

[IMG][IMG]

There will be 2 new worlds: Passana, a desert planet. And Kimji, a snow planet. Natives of Passana are pictured above, while Zorri Bliss, the bounty hunter, is pictured on Kimji in the official photos.
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is so cool, wish it was done a long time ago.

In todays rumor news, how to make the hater's small brains explode for fun. :D
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Oh the potential nerd rage and movie release conspiracy theories that could result over that casting possibility. LOL
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Heh, the current 'hated' actress playing the 'hated' Star Wars character :rolleyes:
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

We currently have two movies that bridge the Prequels with the Originals ("Rogue One" and "Solo"), will we ever get any that bridge between the Originals and the Sequels?
    Would like to know how the Rebel Alliance went from the saviours to once again a bunch of renegades fighting against the Rulers
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think The Mandalorian series is supposed to be set between the OT and the new movies, but I'm not 100% sure on that at the moment. Beyond that I can't say I've heard of any upcoming films that are going to be set in that time.

They have had some books and comics that fill out some of the story between the OT and new films, which may be the safest way for them to go considering the age of the remaining OT actors and the ones we've lost.